Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs March 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs March 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- During Airport Service Quality Awards (ASQ) 2015, which of the following has conferred with Best Airport by Size (5 – 15 million passengers per year) ?
A.Jaipur International Airport
B.Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport
C.Indira Gandhi International Airport
D.Rajiv Gandhi International Airport
Answer – D.Rajiv Gandhi International Airport
Explanation – 5 Indian International Airports have been conferred with Airport Service Quality Awards (ASQ) 2015. Award for Best Airport by Size (5 – 15 million passengers per year) bestowed upon Hyderabad Airport – Rajiv Gandhi International Airport.
- The Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI) has introduced two prime projects for which of the following National Waterway ?
Answer – B.National waterway-2
Explanation – The Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI) has introduced two prime projects for National Waterway No 2, a section of the Brahmaputra River between the Bangladesh border and Sadiya (Assam).
- All India Open Invitational Snooker Championship title has been clinched by which of the following ?
Answer – C.Rahul Sachdev
Explanation – Former National 6Reds runner-up Rahul Sachdev clinched his maiden title by winning the 1st All India Open Invitational Snooker Championship. He defeated Pushpender Singh of Railways by 5-3.
- The Government-constituted expert committee to examine the Possibility of Replacing Multiple Prior Permissions with Pre-Existing Regulatory Mechanism submitted its recommendations. It was headed by which of the following ?
Answer – D.Ajay Shankar
Explanation – Government-constituted expert committee to examine the Possibility of Replacing Multiple Prior Permissions with Pre-Existing Regulatory Mechanism has submitted its recommendations. The 11 member committee was headed by Ajay Shankar.
- Motorsports “Man of the Year” Trophy has been conferred upon which of the following ?
Answer – D.Armaan Ebrahim
Explanation – Car racer Armaan Ebrahim was awarded the Motorsports “Man of the Year” Trophy at ceremony organised by the Federation of Motor Sports Clubs of India (FMSCI).
- Kosovo Parliament has elected Hashim Thaci as its President. What is the capital of Kosovo ?
Answer – D.Pristina
Explanation – Kosovo’s MPs have elected Foreign Minister Hashim Thaci as President. Pristina is the capital and Euro is the currency of Kosovo.
- MS Swaminathan Research Foundation has signed a MOU with which of the following to establish a Research Chair ?
A.Tata Institute of Social Sciences
B.Amity Institute Of Social Sciences
C.Kalinga Institute of Social Sciences
D.M.P. Institute of Social Science Research
Answer – C.Kalinga Institute of Social Sciences
Explanation – The MS Swaminathan Research Foundation has signed a MOU with Bhubaneswar based Kalinga Institute of Social Sciences (KISS) to establish a Research Chair.
- During Asia’s 50 Best Restaurants 2016 event, which of the following has been voted as the “Best Restaurant in India” ?
Answer – B.Indian Accent
Explanation – For the second time in a row, Indian Accent, New Delhi has been voted the “Best Restaurant in India” at the Asia’s 50 Best Restaurants 2016 event in Bangkok.
- International Finance Corporation (IFC) launched which of the following Masala Bonds to mobilise Rs 30 crore from Japanese retail investors ?
A.Urisashi Masala Bonds
B.Urihashi Masala Bonds
C.Urivashi Masala Bonds
D.Uridashi Masala Bonds
Answer – D.Uridashi Masala Bonds
Explanation – International Finance Corporation (IFC) a member of the World Bank Group, launched its first Uridashi Masala Bond, mobilizing 300 million rupees directly from Japanese household investors to promote private sector development in India.
- Melbourne based South Asian community has conferred which of the following with achievement award ?
C.Shah Rukh Khan
Answer – D.Randeep Hooda
Explanation – Bollywood actor Randeep Hooda was felicitated by members of a non profit organization South Asian Public Affairs Council (SAPAC) based in Melbourne with an achievement award for making his mark in the film industry.
- The Union Government has constituted a committee to consider Scheduled Tribe status to six Communities of which state ?
Answer – B.Assam
Explanation – The Union Government has constituted a committee to consider Scheduled Tribe status to six Communities of Assam. It will be headed by Mahesh Kumar Singla.
- Top Employers Institute has listed which of the following as “Global Top Employer” ?
Answer – C.TCS
Explanation – Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) has been recognized as a “Global Top Employer” by the Top Employers Institute. TCS has been rated as an exceptional performer across nine core areas.
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (Nasa) has selected which of the following Indian for its prestigious Goddard Internship Programme ?
Answer – B.Sataparna Mukherjee
Explanation – 18 year old Sataparna Mukherjee, a Class 12 student from a village around 30km from Kolkata, has been selected by the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (Nasa) for its prestigious Goddard Internship Programme under the Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS).
- Which of the following country has declared an emergency after a major oil pipeline burst affecting two rivers ?
Answer – C.Peru
Explanation – South American country Peru has declared an emergency after a major oil pipeline burst affecting two rivers, namely Chiriaco and Morona. This emergency will continue to be in force for three weeks.
- Recently, Pakistan hold a ministerial level strategic dialogue on key areas with which country ?
Answer – C.US
Explanation – Pakistan and the U.S. hold a ministerial-level strategic dialogue on key areas including economy, security and counterterrorism.