Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs January 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- “Times Now” Amazing Indians Awards 2016 for “Stree Shakthi” has been conferred upon which of the following ?
Answer – D.Sunita Aralikar
Explanation – Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi presented the “Times Now” Amazing Indians Awards 2016 for Stree Shakthi to Sunita Aralikar for championing cause of women empowerment & girl child adoption.
- Recently Union Health and Family Welfare Minister J P Nadda has launched 4 mobile health (mHealth) services. Which of the following is not included in the services ?
B.TB Missed Call initiative
Answer – D.E-Cessation
Explanation – Union Health and Family Welfare Minister J P Nadda launched m-Health initiatives which will make services cost effective. He has launched 4 mobile health (mHealth) services – Kilkari, Mobile Academy, M-Cessation and TB Missed Call initiative.
- Recently Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, 2015 has came into force. It will replace which act ?
A.Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, 2001
B.Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, 2014
C.Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, 2000
D.Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, 2006
Answer – C.Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, 2000
Explanation – The Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, 2015 with special provisions to tackle child offenders in the age group of 16-18 years committing heinous offences, came into force. The act will replace Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, 2000.
- Name the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)’s spacecraft that has become the farthest travelled solar powered spacecraft ?
Answer – C.Juno
Explanation – National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) has declared that its spacecraft Juno has broken the previous record of travelling farthest distance set by Rosetta spacecraft of the European Space Agency. NASA’s Juno travelled 793 million kilometer to break this record. Before this, Rosetta spacecraft of the European Space Agency travelled till 792 million kilometers.
- The country’s first “water tourism” event dubbed “Jal Mahotsav” will be organised by which of the following state ?
Answer – D.Madhya Pradesh
Explanation – The country’s first “water tourism” named “Jal Mahotsav” will begin in Hanuwantiya at Indra Sagar Dam, Madhya Pradesh on February 12 to February 21 with an aim of attracting more tourists to the state.
- High Level Committee (HLC) of the National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) has sanctioned how much amount to the drought affected Telangana ?
Answer – C.791 crore
Explanation – The High Level Committee (HLC) of the National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) has sanctioned 791 crore rupees under NDRF for drought affected Telangana. Earlier Govt of Telangana has declared 231 mandals (blocks) as drought hit.
- Which of the following has been inducted into the Shyam Benegal committee to review the provisions of the Cinematograph Act, 1952 ?
Answer – B.Kamal Hassan
Explanation – Actor-filmmaker Kamal Hassan and director Gautam Ghosh have been inducted in the Shyam Benegal committee that has been set up by the government to holistically look into the functioning of controversy ridden Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC).
- There has been four MoUs including skill planning & urban development, signed between Singapore and which of the following Indian State ?
Answer – D.Madhya Pradesh
Explanation – Madhya Pradesh and the Singapore government have signed four MoUs during a business seminar attended by Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on the third day of his visit to Singapore. It includes 1,000-megawatt wind energy, urban planning, skill training & food processing.
- Which of the following has been inducted into International Tennis Hall of Fame ?
Answer – D.Marat Safin
Explanation – Former World No.1 tennis player Marat Safin of Russia has joined the International Tennis Hall of Fame, the Russian Tennis Federation.He is a two-time Grand Slam Champion (2000 US Open and 2005 Australian Open) and the dual Davis Cup champion, winning the trophies with the Russian national team in 2002 and 2006.
- Lorenzo Natali Media Prize for 2015 (Asia-Pacific) has been confererd upon which of the following Indian writer for work on Khap panchayats ?
Answer – C.Ankita Anand
Explanation – Sensitive portrayal of life for young women facing the threat of the diktat of khap panchayats in Haryana has earned Ankita Anand, a journalist-writer won the European Commission’s prestigious Lorenzo Natali Media Prize for 2015 (Asia-Pacific).
- Which Indian city has been named in Guinness Book of World Records for “largest bollywood dance performance” to the popular Bollywood song “India Wale” ?
Answer – B.Amritsar
Explanation – An offbeat message against drugs delivered through ‘largest bollywood dance performance‘ of students held at Khalsa College has earned Amritsar a place in Guinness Book of World Records.
- Which of the following chief minister has been confererd with Lee Kuan Yew Exchange Fellowship for contribution in development and international harmony ?
B.Okram Ibobi Singh
C.Shivraj Singh Chouhan
Answer – C.Shivraj Singh Chouhan
Explanation – Madhya Pradesh chief minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan awarded with Lee Kuan Yew Exchange Fellowship in Singapore for his contribution in development and international harmony.
- Who has been named as the 2015 German Player of the Year ?
Answer – C.Mesut Ozil
Explanation – Mesut Ozil has been voted Germany national team player of the year for the fourth time.The Arsenal playmaker was in outstanding form for his club during 2015 and has awarded for his performances for the national team as well.
- Rajesh Vivek, who has been recently passed away was releated to which of the following field ?
Answer – D.Actor
Explanation – Television actor Rajesh Vivek Upadhyay, who played the popular character of Guran in Bollywood blockbuster, Lagaan passed away following a heart attack in Hyderabad. He was 66 years old.
- Which country’s scientists has discovered the second largest’ black hole in the Milky Way, that is considered as the first detection of an intermediate mass black hole (IMBH) ?
Answer – B.Japan
Explanation – A team of Japanese astronomers has discovered an enigmatic gas cloud just 200 light years away from the centre of the Milky Way that can be the possible missing link in the black hole evolution.