Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs January 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Which of the following has been elected as the general president for the 105th Indian Science Congress Association (ISCA) for 2017-18 ?
A.Ashok Kumar Saxena
Answer – D.Achyuta Samanta
Explanation – Dr. Achyuta Samanta has been elected as the general president for the 105th Indian Science Congress Association (ISCA) scheduled for 2017-18. He becomes the second person from Odisha to be elected as President of the ISC after Prof Prana Krushna Parija (47th Session of ISC in 1960).
- Central Banker of the Year Award 2016 has been conferred upon which of the following by “The Banker” ?
Answer – C.Raghuram Rajan
Explanation – Raghuram Rajan (Reserve Bank of India Governor) has been conferred with the Central Banker of the Year Award (Global and Asia Pacific) for 2016 by “The Banker”, a monthly publication of the Financial Times Group focusing on banking. Under his governship, Indian GDP grew at 7.5% which was considered as the strongest among large economies.
- Which of the following has been appointed as the top prosecutor in New Jersey ?
Answer – D.Gurbir Grewal
Explanation – A Sikh-American attorney Gurbir Grewal (42) has been appointed as the top prosecutor in New Jersey, becoming the first South Asian to occupy the post in the state. He was sworn in as acting Bergen County prosecutor by succeeding John Molinelli.
- During India Medical Expo 2016, Which of the following has been confereed with Overall India Pharma Excellence Award in 1st India Pharma awards ?
A.Abbott India Ltd
B.Sun Pharmaceutical Ltd
C.Glenmark Pharmaceutical Ltd
D.Cadila Healthcare Ltd
Answer – D.Cadila Healthcare Ltd
Explanation – The Union Minister for Chemicals and Fertilizers, Shri Ananth Kumar gave away the 1st India Pharma awards during India Medical Expo 2016 in Bengaluru motivate Indian Pharma and medical devices industries. India Medical Expo 2016 was jointly organized by the Department of Pharmaceuticals and Federation of Indian Chamber of Commerce & Industry.
- Recently Kerala has decided to implement the “Sampoorna Arogya Keralam” with an investment of how much worth ?
Answer – B.₹20 crore
Explanation – Kerala has decided to implement the “Sampoorna Arogya Keralam” with Project oultay of ₹20 crore, which is aimed at to bring all major government health services under one umbrella. The families with annual income below ₹3 lakh are eligible for the project.
- Competition Commission of India (CCI) has appointed which of the following as its new Chairman ?
Answer – C.DK Sikri
Explanation – Devender Kumar Sikri (62), a former Gujarat cadre IAS officer, has been appointed chairman of the fair-trade regulator Competition Commission of India (CCI).
He will succeed Ashok Chawla.
- Ministry of Urban Development has appointed which of the following to make a report on the progress of Swachh Bharat Mission ?
A.Bar Council of India
B.Rehabilitation Council Of India
C.Quality Council of India
D.Economic Advisory Council
Answer – C.Quality Council of India
Explanation – To make a report on the progress of Swachh Bharat Mission, Ministry of Urban Development has commissioned Quality Council of India (QCI) which will rank 75 cities on sanitation and cleanliness after an extensive survey.
- Which bank will sponsor electronic fund management system for direct and faster release of wages under the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee (MNREGA) scheme ?
Answer – D.SBT
Explanation – Union cabinet has instigated an electronic fund management system for direct and faster release of wages under the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee (MNREGA) scheme. State Bank of Travancore (SBT) is the sponsor bank for this scheme.
- Who has been appointed as the next Ambassador of lndia to lsrael ?
Answer – B.Pavan Kapoor
Explanation – Pavan Kapoor, presently High Commissioner of lndia in Maputo, has been appointed as the next Ambassador of lndia to lsrael. He will replace Jaideep Sarkar.
- Which of the following has been named as the England Player of the Year (POTY) for 2015 ?
Answer – C.Wayne Rooney
Explanation – Professional footballer Wayne Rooney has been named England Player of the Year (POTY) for 2015, retaining the title for the second successive year.
- Film and Television Institute of India (FTII) has appointed which of the following as its Chairman ?
A.K. Sanjay Murthy
D.Saeed Akhtar Mirza
Answer – C.Gajendra Chauhan
Explanation – Actor-filmmaker Gajendra Chauhan designated as the chairman of Film and Television Institute of India (FTII) after vehemently opposed by enrolled students. He is best known for his portrayal of Yudhishthira in Mahabharat (1988–90).
- Which of the following has been named as ‘most generous Indian’ in Hurun India Philanthropy List 2015 ?
A.Rekha M. Menon
Answer – C.Azim Premji
Explanation – Azim Premji has come out as the ‘most generous Indian’ in the Hurun India Philanthropy List 2015 in a ranking of the most generous individuals from India.
- President has promulgated Enemy Property (Amendment and Validation) Ordinance, 2016. It will amend which act ?
A.Enemy Property Act, 2010
B.Enemy Property Act, 1968
C.Enemy Property Act, 1953
D.Enemy Property Act, 1965
Answer – B.Enemy Property Act, 1968
Explanation – President has promulgated Enemy Property (Amendment and Validation) Ordinance, 2016 to make amendments to the Enemy Property Act, 1968.
It is to ensure that the enemy properties that have been vested in the Custodian remain so and they do not revert back to the enemy subject or enemy firm.
- HDFC Capital Advisors has been appointed as an investment manager for the HCARE-1. What is the fund size for HCARE-1 ?
A.Rs. 7000 crore
B.Rs. 2000 crore
C.Rs. 3000 crore
D.Rs. 5000 crore
Answer – D.Rs. 5000 crore
Explanation – HDFC Capital Advisors has been appointed as an investment manager for the HDFC Capital Affordable Real Estate Fund-1 (HCARE-1).
Targeted fund size: Approximately Rs. 5,000 crore and the first close will be Rs. 2,700 crore.
- Which of the following has been awarded with H K Devsare Baalsahitya award ?
Answer – C.Balkrishna Garg
Explanation – Balkrishna Garg was awarded with the second Harikrishna Devsare Baalsahitya Award 2015 for collection of poems for children, titled ‘BaalGeet’.