Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs January 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Union Minister of State for Development of North-Eastern Region (MDoNER), Dr Jitendra Singh has released MDoNER Calender-2016 with which theme ?
A.Shining North East
B.Reviving North East
C.Rising North East
D.Arising North East
Answer – C.Rising North East
Explanation: Calender-2016 is projecting various buildings and other developmental works carried out in each state of North Eastern Region with the assistance of Ministry of Development of North-Eastern Region.
- Which of the following has scripted history by becoming the first batsman to score 1,009 runs in an innings in any form of cricket ?
Answer – C.Pranav Dhanawade
Explanation: 15-year-old Mumbai cricketer Pranav Dhanawade created a world record by scoring 1009 runs (not out) in 323 balls during HT Bhandari Cup, an under-16 inter-school tournament held in Mumbai (Maharashtra).
- As per the MDoNER Calender-2016, festival “Destination North East-2016” will be organised during 12-14 February, 2016 at which place ?
Answer – D.New Delhi
Explanation: Festival “Destination North East-2016” will be organised by the Ministry of Development of North-Eastern Region to showcase the inherent economic, social and cultural strength of the North East Region at National Level.
- Book named “Go Set a Watchman” has been written by which of the following ?
C.EL James Grey
Answer – B.Harper Lee
Explanation: The book Go Set a Watchman written by Harper Lee has been topped in 2015 US bestseller list. Around 6 million copies of the book were sold in the USA since it was published in July 2015.
- First MOU on UDAY – Ujjwal Discom Assurance Yojana has beens signed by Government of India with which Indian state ?
Answer – B.Jharkhand
Explanation: GOI, Jharkhand and the JBVNL (Jharkhand Bijli Vitran Nigam Limited) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for operational & financial turnaround of Discoms. As a part of UDAY, Jharkhand will also take over 5% of the outstanding debts of JBVNL as existing on 30.09.2015.
- Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has decided to set up India’s First Space Park in which city ?
Answer – D.Bengaluru
Explanation: As part of Make in India initiative, Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has decided to open a 100 acre Space Park in Bengaluru where private industries would be allowed to take up manufacturing of space system related components.
- Which state government has increased the Value Added Tax (VAT) on petrol and diesel by 3% each ?
Answer – D.Odisha
Explanation: Due to increase in VAT Petrol and diesel across Odisha will cost more by Rs 1.39 per litre and Rs 1.14 per litre respectively. The move has been taken as the state’s revenue collection was badly hit due to frequent decline in the prices of petrol and diesel.
- United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) has appointed which of the following as its head ?
Answer – C.Filippo Grandi
Explanation: Filippo Grandi (58) an Italian UN official took over as the new High Commissioner for the UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR). He will succeed Antonio Guterres.He was the head of UN Palestinian refugee agency UNRWA (United Nations Relief and Works Agency) from 2010 to 2014. He was also deputy envoy to the UN aid mission in Afghanistan.
- Recently Minister of State for Science & Technology and Earth Sciences Shri. Y. S. Chowdary laid the foundation stone of International Training Centre for Operational Oceanography (ITCO-Ocean) in which city ?
Answer – C.Hyderabad
Explanation: International Training Centre for Operational Oceanography (ITCO-Ocean) will provide benefits in the form of of Potential Fishing Zones advisories to fishermen, Ocean State Forecasts for mariners, Tsunami & Storm Surge Early warnings, etc.
- Union Government has launched Ganga Gram Yojana to develop 1600 villages in which Indian state ?
Answer – D.Uttar Pradesh
Explanation: Union Minister of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation Uma Bharti aunched Ganga Gram Yojana at Village Puth in Hapur district of Uttar Pradesh (UP) which will develop 1600 villages of UP situated along the banks of river Ganga.
- Bharat Heavy Electricals (BHEL) has commissioned 600 MW Kakatiya Thermal Power Plant in which state ?
Answer – D.Telangana
Explanation: BHEL has commissioned 600 MW unit at Kakatiya Thermal Power Project (KTPP) at Chelpur in Warangal District of Telangana. It is the highest rating unit in the state.
- LinkedIn has appointed which of the following as its India head ?
Answer – C.Akshay Kothari
Explanation: LinkedIn announced Akshay Kothari, its principal product manager to head operations in India replacing Nishant Rao. He joined LinkedIn in 2013 when Pulse, the company he co-founded was acquired by LinkedIn.
- Which of the following has been appointed by Aditya Birla Group as its Deputy Chief Financial Officer ?
Answer – D.Ashish Adukia
Explanation: Aditya Birla Group has appointed Sushil Agarwal group CFO and Ashish Adukia as the deputy CFO of the group’s telecom venture, Idea Cellular.
- Which of the following animal healthcare group has announced acquisition of select brands and the manufacturing operations in Haridwar of Zoetis ?
Answer – D.Zydus
Explanation: Zydus Animal Health acquired select brands of leading animal health co Zoetis to expand its animal health business in India and gain access to manufacturing operations which have also been catering to global markets and to a wide range of nutrition as well as therapeutic products which have strong brand equity and a combined turnover of Rs.171 crore.
- Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI) has appointed which of the following as its new chairman ?
Answer – D.Kunal Shah
Explanation: IAMAI has appointed Kunal Shah, as the new chairman of the association. He was the co-founder and chief executive officer of FreeCharge and country head of LinkedIn.