Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs January 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Recently, Russian “Order of Friendship” Award has been conferred upon which of the following Indian to recognize the contribution made in the betterment of relations b/w both nations ?
Answer – D.RS Sundar
Explanation – Director of the Kudankulam nuclear power plant (NPP) construction site, Ramayah Shanmuga Sundar has been conferred with “Order of Friendship” by Russia to recognize his contribution towards the implementation of the NPP Kudankulam project.
- Which of the following has clinched the Single sculls in Senior Men category during 34th Senior National Rowing Championship ?
B.G. Vishnu Prasad
Answer – C.Sandeep Kumar
Explanation – Sandeep Kumar of All India Police clinched the honours in the 500m single sculls event timing 1:44.44 on the final day of the 34th National rowing championship in Hyderabad.
- After Mumbai which of the following Indian state has started an initiative to launch “Gender Taxi” which will be owned and operated by LGBT community ?
Answer – D.Kerala
Explanation – Kerala is all set to launch to G-Taxi (Gender Taxi) which will be operated owned and operated by members of the LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender) community.
- Which of the following has won the women single in 104th edition of $44,000,000 Australian Open 2016 ?
Answer – C.Angelique Kerber
Explanation – Women’s Singles title of 104th edition of $44,000,000 Australian Open 2016 has been cliched by Angelique Kerber of Germany. The event was held in Melbourne, Australia.
- China’s Alibaba.com launched its first physical trade facility centre in which of the following Indian city ?
Answer – D.Jaipur
Explanation – Wholesale trading platform, China’s Alibaba.com launched its first physical trade facility centre in Jaipur and a Hindi portal, aimed at connecting small and medium businesses with global buyers.
- Recently 3 major IT companies have joined US President Barack Obama’s ambitious computer science for all initiative. Which of the following company is not a part of this initiative ?
Answer – C.Xerox
Explanation – Infosys, Tata Consultancy Services and Wipro have joined US President Barack Obama’s ambitious computer science for all initiative as part of public-private collaboration which pledged over $3 million in grants.
- 34th Senior National Rowing Championship was held at which of the following city ?
Answer – B.Hyderabad
Explanation – 34th Senior National Rowing Championship was held at Hyderabad, Telangana. It was organised by Rowing Federation of India.
- Air conditioning and refrigeration major Blue Star Ltd. has appointed which of the following as its Managing Director ?
C.Vir S Advani
Answer – C.Vir S Advani
Explanation – Air conditioning and refrigeration major Blue Star Ltd has designated Vir S Advani as its Managing Director and B Thiagarajan as Joint Managing Director w.e.f. April 1, 2016.
- Centre has appointed which of the following as the next Ambassador of India to the Socialist Republic of Vietnam ?
Answer – C.P. Harish
Explanation – A 1991-batch IFS officer P. Harish has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Socialist Republic of Vietnam.
- Nayani Krishnakumari, who has been recently passed away was related to which of the following fields ?
Answer – C.Litterateur
Explanation – Telugu litterateur Nayani Krishnakumari passed away due to ailing for some time Hyderabad. She was 86.
- Recently, centre has initiated a four-pronged programme to make how many villages filth-free along the Ganga stretch ?
Answer – D.1600
Explanation – In a bid to make 1600 filth-free villages along the Ganga stretch, the centre is all set to implement a four-pronged programme.
- India ranks at which of the following place in the list of nations with the most number of think tanks ?
Answer – B.4th
Explanation – India ranks 4th on the list of nations with the most number of think tanks, with nearly 100 new taking the country’s totals to 280 in 2015. US top the list with 1,835 thinktanks for 2015.
- Recently RBI has increased Ways and Means Advances (WMA) for all states to how much amount ?
A.Rs 33,225 crore
B.Rs 31,225 crore
C.Rs 30,225 crore
D.Rs 32,225 crore
Answer – D.Rs 32,225 crore
Explanation – The RBI has increased the Ways and Means Advances (WMA) for all states to Rs 32,225 crore for the current and next financial years.
- Centre has appointed which of the following as the next Ambassador of India to Mexico ?
Answer – B.Muktesh Pardeshi
Explanation – A 1991-batch IFS officer Shri Muktesh Kumar Pardeshi has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to Mexico.
- Vice-Admiral Sunil Lanba has been designated as the Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief of which of the following Naval Command ?
A.Eastern Naval Command
B.Southern Naval Command
C.Gujarat Naval Command
D.Western Naval Command
Answer – D.Western Naval Command
Explanation – Vice-Admiral Sunil Lanba has been designated as the Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief of Western Naval Command. He is currently serving as the Southern Naval Command chief. He will succeed Vice-Admiral SPS Cheema.