Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs January 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Which of the following bank is creating stricter norms on anti-money laundering (AML) frameworks for their branches outside India ?
Answer – D.SBI
Explanation – On the sidelines of industry regulator’s warning, PSBs including Mumbai headquartered State Bank of India and Bank of Baroda are creating stricter norms on anti-money laundering (AML) framework for their branches outside India that can stop or detect cash and suspicious transactions.
- Which of the following has been choosen for the “K Veeramani Award for Social Justice 2015” to recognize the contribution towards social justice ?
D.Manohar Lal Khattar
Answer – C.Nitish Kumar
Explanation – Chief Minister of Bihar, Nitish Kumar has been selected for the K Veeramani Award for Social Justice 2015 for his contribution towards social justice as Chief Minister. The award carries a plaque and a cash prize of Rs 1 lakh.
- Non-fictional prose “Nib Ke Cheere Se” has been written by which of the following ?
Answer – D.Om Nagar
Explanation – Om Nagar has been selected for the 11th Navlekhan award of the Bharatiya Jnanpith for his novel “Nib Ke Cheere Se” along with Amlendu Tiwari for novel “Parityakt”.
- Recently, government has appointed 10 part time Non-Official Directors for various PSBs. Which of the following bank has not appointed NOD ?
Answer – B.Canara Bank
Explanation – Ten part-time Non-Official Directors (NODs) have been appointed by the government on the board of various public sector banks including SBI, Dena Bank, Bank of Maharashtra, Vijaya Bank, Allahabad Bank, NABARD and Punjab and Sind Bank.
- Department of Telecommunications has appointed which of the folllowing as its secretary ?
Answer – C.J.S. Deepak
Explanation – Department of Telecommunications has designated J.S. Deepak as its Secretary. He will succeed Rakesh Garg. He will be responsible for the May-June sale of spectrum, which is expected to be the country’s biggest auction of airwaves.
- During 6th Yashwant International Film Festival 2016, which of the following has been conferred with special award ?
Answer – D.Waheeda Rehman
Explanation – During 6th Yashwant International Film Festival 2016 in Mumbai, veteran actress Waheeda Rehman has been honoured with a special award for her contribution to the film industry.
- Recently, which of the following state has become the 4th state to sign MoU under UDAY – Ujwal DISCOM Assurance Yojana ?
Answer – D.Uttar Pradesh
Explanation – GOI, Uttar Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Limited (UPPCL) has inked MoU under the Scheme UDAY – “Ujwal DISCOM Assurance Yojana for operational and financial turnaround of the DISCOMs. The Government of Uttar Pradesh would take over Rs.39900 crore. of DISCOM debt, being 75% of the total DISCOM debt of Rs.53200 crore.
- Union Government has appointed which of the following as the Chief Commissioner for Persons with Disabilities (CCPD) ?
B.Krishna Pal Gurjar
C.Kamlesh Kumar Pandey
Answer – C.Kamlesh Kumar Pandey
Explanation – Union Government has appointed Dr. Kamlesh Kumar Pandey as the Chief Commissioner for Persons with Disabilities (CCPD) for a period of three years.
- MITRA app has been launched in which of the following Union Territory to ensure women safety ?
D.Daman and Diu
Answer – B.Puducherry
Explanation – Lt Governor of Puducherry AK Singh on 28 January 2016 launched the MITRA mobile application to ensure safety and security of women in the Union Territory.
The Android based application can send emergency SOS messages when in danger or emergency.To launch the application, the person in danger need only press the power button of his/her mobile three times.
- In an attempt to prevent possible misuse, Railway Ministry has reduced the maximum number of ticket bookings allowed by an individual user to how much ?
Answer – D.6
Explanation – Railway Ministry announced a new rule for booking of online tickets through the IRCTC website, reducing the maximum number of ticket bookings allowed by an individual user to six from the current 10.
- Union government has set up a Technical Expert Group to suggest measures to deal with which of the following virus ?
Answer – C.Zika
Explanation – The Union government has set up a Technical Expert Group to suggest measures to deal with Zika virus.The Zika virus spread by Aedes mosquitoes.
- US development agency USAID extends funding for India to combat which of the following disease in the country ?
Answer – B.TB
Explanation – To support India’s efforts to end tuberculosis, US development agency USAID announced grants aimed at scaling up innovative solutions for combating the disease in a country.
- Which of the following technology company has acquired San Francisco-based education-technology startup LearnSprout ?
Answer – D.Apple
Explanation – Apple Inc. has acquired San Francisco-based education-technology startup LearnSprout, which creates software for schools and teachers to track students’ performance.
- Which of the following drug major has received US health regulator’s US Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) approval to market ZembraceSymTouch injection ?
C.Dr Reddy’s Laboratories
Answer – C.Dr Reddy’s Laboratories
Explanation – Drug major Dr Reddy’s Laboratories (DRL) has received US health regulator US Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) approval to market ZembraceSymTouch injection, a drug device combination product intended for the treatment of acute migraine, in the American market.
- Paul Kanter who has been recently passed away was related to which of the following field ?
Answer – B.Singing
Explanation – Jefferson Airplane guitarist and co-founder Paul Kantner passed away due to organ failure. He was 74.