Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs January 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- As per latest BWF ranking, which of the following ace shuttler has been ranked at World No. 11 ?
C.P V Sindhu
Answer – C.P V Sindhu
Explanation – In the latest BWF ranking, Malaysia Masters Grand Prix Gold clincher P V Sindhu’s rank has upgraded by one move to World’s No. 11
- V Shantaram Life Time Achievement Award has been conferred upon which upon the following during 14th edition of MIFF ?
Answer – C.Naresh Bedi
Explanation – Wildlife film maker Shri Naresh Bedi has been honoured with V Shantaram Life Time Achievement Award, during The 14th edition of Mumbai International Festival for Documentary, Short and Animation Films – MIFF 2016.
- Which of the following has been conferred with Allan Border Medal 2016 ?
Answer – D.David Warner
Explanation – Batsman David Warner has been conferred with Allan Border medal for 2016, becoming the 11th player to receive Australian cricket’s greatest individual honour. The 29 years old from New South Wales also bestowed with Test Player of the Year honours.
- In a surprise move, which of the following country’s central bank adopted Negative Interest Rate policy ?
Answer – B.Japan
Explanation – Tokyo headquartered Bank of Japan has imposed a negative interest rate of -0.1% on accounts it holds for commercial banks. It will start to charge them for looking after their cash.
- Recently Legislative Department of Union Law Ministry has initiated an expert committee to review which of the following act ?
A.Limitation Act, 1963
B.Payment of Bonus Act 1965
C.Specific Relief Act, 1963
D.Patents Act, 1970
Answer – C.Specific Relief Act, 1963
Explanation – Legislative Department of Union Law Ministry has initiated an expert committee to review the Specific Relief Act, 1963. The committee comprised of chairman and 5 members will have to submit its report within a stipulated time of 3 months i.e. till April 2016.
- Which of the following state’s cheif minister has announced to impose ban on polythene in entire state from January 2017 ?
Answer – B.Madhya Pradesh
Explanation – After reviewing the activities of Urban Development and Environment and Housing Department in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has announced to impose ban on polythene in entire state from January 2017.
- Health insurance company Apollo Munich has recently collaborated with which of the following bank for offering bank customers customized insurance policies ?
Answer – D.Axis Bank
Explanation – Health insurance company Apollo Munich joined hands with Mumbai headquartered Axis Bank for offering bank customers a paperless customized insurance policies. This is the fourth bancassurance tie-up of Apollo Munich.
- National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) has appointed which of the following as its CMD ?
Answer – C.Gurdeep Singh
Explanation – Managing director of Gujarat State Electricity Corporation Limited (GSEC) Gurdeep Singh has been appointed as chairman and managing director of central PSU National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) for the period of 5 years.
- William E Colby Award 2016 conferred upon “Midnight’s Furies: The Deadly Legacy of India’s Partition”. It was authored by which of the following ?
Answer – C.Nisid Hajari
Explanation – USD 5,000 William E Colby Award 2016 of US has been conferred upon book “Midnight’s Furies: The Deadly Legacy of India’s Partition” authored by Nisid Hajari.
- Justice Sanjay Mishra, has been appointed as the Lokayukta of which Indian state ?
Answer – C.Uttar Pradesh
Explanation – The Supreme Court of India has accredited Justice Sanjay Mishra, a former judge of the Allahabad High Court, as the Lokayukta of Uttar Pradesh.
- Malaysia-based Axiata Group will merge its operation with which of the following telecom company to form the second largest operator in Bangladesh ?
Answer – B.Airtel
Explanation – Bharti Airtel and Malaysia-based Axiata Group is all set to merging their operations in Bangladesh to form the second largest operator in that country in an estimated worth of $2 billion.
- Maheswar Baug, who has been recently passed away was related to which of the following field ?
Answer – D.Politics
Explanation – Former minister and freedom fighter Maheswar Baug passed away due to brief illness at the district headquarter hospital in Odisha. He was 85.
- Which of the following has been awarded by International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) to recognize the contribution ?
Answer – C.Abhinav Bindra
Explanation – Olympic gold medallist Abhinav Bindra was on Thursday awarded the Diploma of Honour and President’s Button by the International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) as an acknowledgment to his “contribution as an athlete” to the sport.
- Which of the following country’s capital is all set to become the world’s first city to have 5G network by 2018 ?
Answer – D.Sweden
Explanation – Sweden capital, Stockholm is all set to become the world’s first city to get 5G network by 2018. Swedish telecommunications giant Ericsson and Swedish-Finnish telecom operator TeliaSonera announced to jointly launch the 5G network in Stockholm and Estonia’s capital Tallinn.
- Which of the following Pakistani cricketer has recently announced his retirement from international cricket ?
Answer – C.Imran Farhat
Explanation – Pakistan’s Test opening batsman Imran Farhat announced his retirement from international cricket in a bid to appear in the Masters Champions League (MCL) in Dubai.