Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs January 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Government of India has inked the protocol with which of the following country to amend the existing Double Taxation Avoidance Convention ?
D.ArmeniaAnswer – D.Armenia
Explanation – GOI and Armenia has inked the protocol to amend the existing Double Taxation Avoidance Convention that has been in existence since 9th September, 2004.
- Which of the following automaker has emerged as the world’s biggest automaker by selling 10.15 million vehicles in 2015 ?
D.VolkswagenAnswer – C.Toyota
Explanation – Japanese automaker Toyota has been emerged as the world’s biggest automaker for the 4th straight year by selling 10.15 million vehicles in 2015. It has outpaced Volkswagen and General Motors.
- Corruption Watchdog Transparency International (TI) in its Corruption Perceptions Index (CPI) 2015 has ranked India at which of the following place ?
D.67Answer – B.76
Explanation – Corruption Watchdog Transparency International (TI) has ranked India at 76th place in its Corruption Perceptions Index (CPI) 2015 out of 168 countries with a score of 38 out of 100.
- Which of the following country’s parliament has approved a law to seize the refugee’s assets ?
D.SwitzerlandAnswer – C.Denmark
Explanation – The Danish parliament has approved a controversial law allowing authorities to seize refugee’s cash and valuables and delay them being reunited with their families.
- Which of the following beverages major has launched dairy drinks in India ?
D.Coca-ColaAnswer – D.Coca-Cola
Explanation – Beverages major Coca Cola has launched milk-based beverages under the brand name “Vio”. As a part of pilot launch Coca Cola has tied up with Reliance Retail to make the brand available at the latter’s 500 stores.
- The highest civilian honour, the “Order of Australia” has been bestowed upon which of the following Indian origin person ?
D.Narendra KumarAnswer – B.Sajeev Koshy
Explanation – Melbourne based Sajeev Koshy, a dentist by profession, has been honoured with the highest civilian honour, the Order of Australia to recognise his services to dentistry in Victoria, Australia. He hails from Kerala.
- Which of the following Indian origin person has been selected for the 2016 Technical Achievement Award of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences ?
D.Cottalango LeonAnswer – D.Cottalango Leon
Explanation – An Indian origin person Cottalango Leon hailing from Coimbatore has been selected for the 2016 Technical Achievement Award of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences to recognize his design, engineering and continuous development of Sony Pictures Imageworks Itview.
- Which of the following country has topped in the list of Corruption Perceptions Index (CPI) 2015 by Transparency International (TI) ?
D.SwitzerlandAnswer – C.Denmark
Explanation – As per Corruption Perceptions Index (CPI) 2015, Denmark has topped the index for the second consecutive year.
- Marvin Minsky, was related to which of the following field ?
D.Artificial IntelligenceAnswer – D.Artificial Intelligence
Explanation – Marvin Minsky, a mathematician, computer scientist and pioneer in the field of artificial intelligence (AI) died due to cerebral hemorrhage. He was 88. He and John McCarthy (who is credited with coining the term “artificial intelligence”) founded the MIT Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory.
- During Indo – French Bussiness Forum in Chandigarh, how many agreements has been signed between the India and France ?
D.15Answer – B.16
Explanation – 16 agreements has been signed between India and France during Business forum viz. Development of Smart cities, Urban Sector Development, Solar Photovoltaic Projects and Strategic partnership for helicopters.
- General Insurance Corporation of India has appointed which of the following as its new chairperson and managing director ?
D.Shubhalakshmi PanseAnswer – B.Alice Vaidyan
Explanation – Alice Vaidyan has been appointed Chairman and Managing Director of General Insurance Corporation of India (GIC Re). Vaidyan is the first woman to be appointed chairman in the history of the country’s insurance industry.
- 2016 Yash Chopra Memorial Award has been conferred upon which of the following ?
D.RekhaAnswer – D.Rekha
Explanation – Veteran Bollywood actress and Rajya Sabha MP Rekha has been conferred with the third edition of Yash Chopra Memorial Award in recognition of her talent and contribution to the film industry.
- Reserve Bank of India has shortlisted how many companies to procure an Audit Management and Risk Monitoring System (AMRMS) for the central bank ?
D.6Answer – C.5
Explanation – The Reserve Bank plans to procure an Audit Management and Risk Monitoring System (AMRMS) for the central bank from five “potential shortlisted” solution providers, including PwC and Quadrant 4 Software Solutions.
- India has signed Memorandum of Association with France on the development of Smart cities. Which of the following city is not included in the MoU ?
D.NagpurAnswer – C.Jaipur
Explanation – MoU has been signed between India and France on the development of Smart cities which includes Nagpur, Chandigarh and Puducherry.
- Lava International has appointed which of the following as its Chief Operating Officer (COO) ?
D.Saurabh RaghuvanshiAnswer – B.Navin Chawla
Explanation – Lava International has promoted Navin Chawla to chief operating officer of the company and named Gaurav Nigam as the new head of product.