Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs January 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
Click Here to Read Current Affairs January 25 2016
- The President of India Shri Pranab Mukherjee has consented to confer the Jeevan Raksha Padak Series of Awards – 2015 on how many persons ?
D.50Answer – D.50
Explanation – President has consented to confer the Jeevan Raksha Padak Series of Awards – 2015 on 50 persons. The Award categories are – Jeevan Raksha Padak to 3 persons, Uttam Jeevan Raksha Padak to 9 and Jeevan Raksha Padak to 38 persons; 09 awards are posthumous. The award is presented to the awardee in due course by the respective State Government to which the awardee belongs.
- Which of the following cricket team has won the blind T20 Asia Cup, which was held at Kochi ?
D.PakistanAnswer – C.India
Explanation – India defeated Pakistan by 44 runs to win the first ever blind T20 Asia Cup at the Nehru Stadium, Kochi. India scored 208/5 in 20 overs while Pakistan was able to score only 164 runs.
- Kalpana Ranjani, who has been recently passed away was related to which of the following fields ?
D.PoliticianAnswer – C.Actress
Explanation – Known for comic roles, Malayalam film actress Kalpana Ranjani aka Kalpana passed away in Hyderabad due to heart attack. She was a sister of actresses Urvashi and Kalaranjini.
- In order to improve ease of doing business, which ministry has initiated the Central Registration Centre (CRC) ?
A.Home Affairs Ministry
B.Commerce & Industry Ministry
C.Corporate affairs ministry
D.Finance MinistryAnswer – C.Corporate affairs ministry
Explanation – In order to catalyze the company incorporation related services, corporate affairs ministry under the initiative of Government Process Re-engineering (GPR) has initiated the Central Registration Centre (CRC). In the first phase, CRC will look into applications for name availability (INC-1 e-forms) submitted online across the country.
- The nation’s highest peacetime gallantry award Ashoka Chakra 2016 has been bestowed posthumously on which of the following ?
B.Lance Naik Mohan
D.Naik Neeraj KumarAnswer – B.Lance Naik Mohan
Explanation – The nation’s highest peacetime gallantry award Ashoka Chakra has been awarded posthumously to 13625566W Lance Naik Mohan Nath Goswami of 9 Para (Special Forces)/6th Battalion of the Rashtriya Rifles for his acts of most conspicuous gallantry.
- As per the Brussels-based World Steel Association (WSA) report, India is ranked at which position in terms of steel production ?
D.3rdAnswer – D.3rd
Explanation – India become the third largest steel producer in the world after China and Japan with a production of 89.6 million tonne (mt) in 2015. Last 5 months of 2015 have pushed the steel production in India to 2.6% compared to output of 87.3 mt in 2014.
- Which of the following state Govt has approved the new maritime policy for port development ?
D.GoaAnswer – C.Maharashtra
Explanation – Maharashtra govt has given its consent to new maritime policy for port development to create better facilities around 720 km coastal region of the state.
- After Jharkhand, which state signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with GOI for operational & financial turnaround of Discoms under the Scheme UDAY ?
D.GujaratAnswer – B.Chhattisgarh
Explanation – GOI, Chhattisgarh and CSPDCL (Chhattisgarh State Power Distribution Company Limited) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for operational & financial turnaround of Discoms under the Scheme UDAY – Ujjwal Discom Assurance Yojana.
- Government is in the process to ease the LPG refills and new connections. What will be the cost of new cooking gas connection on EMI basis ?
D.Rs 3400Answer – D.Rs 3400
Explanation – To ease the process of LPG refills and new connections, new cooking gas connections will be provided on an EMI basis under which the connections will cost up to 3400 rupees on an EMI basis. The amount can be spread over 24 installments.
- India will set up a satellite tracking and imaging centre in which of the following country ?
D.MaldivesAnswer – C.Vietnam
Explanation – India will set up a satellite tracking and imaging centre in southern Vietnam that will give Hanoi access to pictures from Indian earth observation satellites that cover the region, including China and the South China Sea.
- Which of the following has been elected as the President of BJP ?
D.Prashant KishorAnswer – B.Amit Shah
Explanation – For a second term, Amit Shah (51) was elected as the president of the Bharatiya Janata Party for full time tenure of three years. He received 17 proposals from 20 state units.
- RBI has demanded how much worth of funding from government, that is needed to be injected into state-run banks by 2018 ?
A.Rs 22,000 crore
B.Rs 27,000 crore
C.Rs 26,000 crore
D.Rs 25,000 croreAnswer – C.Rs 26,000 crore
Explanation – The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has sought an additional Rs 26,000 crore from the government to be injected into state-run banks by 2018 as the current capital pledges are inadequate due to inflated stressed assets.
- Scheme “God visiting the devotee” has been started by which of the following state under which priest of the local temple will visit families to bless them on seven special occasions ?
D.Andhra PradeshAnswer – D.Andhra Pradesh
Explanation – The AP endowments department has decided to introduce a novel scheme, “Bhaktuni Chentaku Bhagvantudu” (God visiting the devotee), from the Telugu new year Ugadi. As part of the programme, the priest of the local temple will visit families to bless them on seven special occasions related to birth and marriage. In case of death, the priest from the local Shiva temple will visit the family concerned.
- National Voters’ Day observes on which of the following ?
D.January 23Answer – B.January 25
Explanation – In order to encourage more young voters to take part in the political process, Government of India has decided to celebrate January 25 every year as ‘National Voters’ Day’.
- Who has been recently elected as the president of Portugal ?
B.Aníbal Cavaco Silva
D.Marcelo Rebelo SousaAnswer – D.Marcelo Rebelo Sousa
Explanation – Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa elected as President of Portugal by collecting 52.4% of the votes against nine rivals. He will succeed Anibal Cavaco Silva.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification