Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs January 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
Click Here to Read Current Affairs January 24 2016
- In accordance with the Asia Pacific 2016 Wealth Report, which of the following Indian city has been listed among the top Asia Pacific cities for HNIs (high net worth individuals) ?
D.JaipurAnswer – C.Mumbai
Explanation – In accordance with the Asia Pacific 2016 Wealth Report, by New World Wealth, India’s National capital New Delhi and Financial capital Mumbai have been listed among the top Asia Pacific cities for HNIs (high net worth individuals).
- World Economic Forum (WEF) has choosen which of the following to its Board of Trustees ?
D.Jim Yong KimAnswer – D.Jim Yong Kim
Explanation – World Economic Forum (WEF) has accredited World Bank President Jim Yong Kim and Salesforce CEO Marc Benioff to its Board of Trustees. WEF’s board acts as the as a guardian of its independence and impartiality.
- Which of the following has won the Malaysia Masters Grand Prix Gold in Women’s Singles that was held in Malaysia ?
B.P V Sindhu
D.Ayaka TakahashiAnswer – B.P V Sindhu
Explanation – Indian Shuttler P V Sindhu has clinched the $120,000 Malaysia Masters Grand Prix Gold title by defeating Scotland’s Kristy Gilmour by 21-15 21-9 in a 32-minute clash. This is her second Malaysia Masters Grand Prix Gold title.
- Recently, Centre has sanctioned how much worth of funds to create infrastructure for “Beating Retreat” ceremony at Agartala-Akhaura border ?
A.Rs 10 crore
B.Rs 20 crore
C.Rs 99 crore
D.Rs 18 croreAnswer – D.Rs 18 crore
Explanation – Union Tourism Ministry has consented fund under “Swadesh Darshan scheme”, to create infrastructure for “Beating Retreat” ceremony at Agartala-Akhaura border. There were an oultay of Rs 99 crore for the development of tourist spots in Tripura, out of which Rs 18 crore was allocated to create infrastructure at the Agartala-Akhaura border.
- Giriputrika Kalyana Pathakam Scheme has been launched by which of the following state govt to support the tribal women in their quest for livelihood ?
D.Madhya PradeshAnswer – C.Andhra Pradesh
Explanation – Andhra Pradesh Government has launched Giriputrika Kalyana Pathakam Scheme to support the tribal women in their quest for livelihood. The scheme seeks to reduce rampant infant mortality and child marriages among tribal people.
- National Billiards Championship title has been clinched by which of the following ?
D.Sourav KothariAnswer – D.Sourav Kothari
Explanation – Sourav Kothari from Kolkata defeated Siddharth Parekh by 5-2 in the final of the National Billiards Championship in Indore.
- An initiative dubbed “SEEMA DARSHAN” has been launched by which of the following ministry of the Government ?
C.Human Resource Ministry
D.Cuture MinistryAnswer – C.Human Resource Ministry
Explanation – SEEMA DARSHAN an initiative to provide an opportunity for the children to experience the border environment and to encourage patriotism and nationalism among the students.
- India signed an agreement to strengthen their ties in key areas like trade and counter-terrorism with which of the following country ?
D.BahrainAnswer – D.Bahrain
Explanation – India and Bahrain signed an agreement to strengthen their ties in key areas like trade and counter-terrorism. The India-Arab League Cooperation Forum meeting was held in Bahrain.
- India’s largest and tallest Tricolour unfurled in which of the following Indian city ?
D.PuneAnswer – B.Ranchi
Explanation – On the birth anniversary of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose, the tallest and largest Indian national flag was hoisted in Ranchi measuring 99×66 feet. The project took more than 120 workers and 40 days to put up the flag post with an estimated cost of Rs 1.25 crore.
- Recently PM Narendra Modi publicized the 100 secret files on which of the following freedom fighter for the first time ?
C.Subhas Chandra Bose
D.Mahatama GandhiAnswer – C.Subhas Chandra Bose
Explanation – On the 119th birth anniversary of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose, PM Modi publicized the 100 secret files on the freedom fighter for the first time whose disappearance 70 years ago remains a mystery.
- Which of the following country has approved the lifting of sanctions on Iran to pursue investment in Iran’s oil and gas industry ?
D.ItalyAnswer – B.Japan
Explanation – Japan’s Chief Cabinet Secretary Yoshihide Suga approved the lifting of sanctions on Iran. This move will allow Japanese companies to pursue investment in Iran’s oil and gas industry.
- As per the announcement by Govt, so far how many Kgs of gold has been mobilized from households and temples under the gold monetisation scheme ?
D.960 kgAnswer – C.900 kg
Explanation – The government has announced that under the monetisation scheme, so far 900 kg of idle household and temple gold has been mobilized. Under scheme, currently, there are 46 assaying and Hallmarking Centres which are qualified to act as Collection and Purity Testing Centres (CPTC) for handling gold.
- Which of the following batsman has become the India’s second highest-ranked batsman after achieving the 5th position in the ICC batsman rankings ?
D.Yuvraj SinghAnswer – C.Rohit Sharma
Explanation – Rohit Sharma the 28-year-old Mumbai batsman claims a career-best 5th position in the ICC batsman rankings in the recently finished series against top-ranked Australia. He becomes India’s second highest-ranked batsman.
- Nirmala Gajwani, who has been recently passed away was the speaker of which state assembly ?
D.HaryanaAnswer – B.Gujarat
Explanation – Ms Nirmala Gajwani the former Deputy speaker of Gujarat Assembly passed away in Rajkot, Gujarat. She was a reputed social worker and one of the chief illuminations of the Sindhi community in the state.
- National Girl Child Day observes on which date ?
D.January 24Answer – D.January 24
Explanation – 24th of January is celebrated as the National girl child day. The Ministry of Women and Child Development has taken various steps at national and state level to improve the girl child status through a range of schemes.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification