Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs January 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- The newly discovered largest prime number “M74207281” which comes under the category of Mersenne Prime Number, has how many digits ?
D.27 millionAnswer – B.22 million
Explanation – An effort to find a largest prime numbers dubbed “The Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search (GIMPS)” has become successful after the discovery of 274,207,281-1 which is named as M74207281. It has over 22 million digits, which come under the category of Mersenne Prime Number.
- In accordance with the US News and World Report, which of the following country has topped the list of world’s best country for women to live in ?
D.CanadaAnswer – C.Denmark
Explanation – In accordance with the “2016 Best Countries” ranking by US News and World Report, Denmark has made it to be at the top of the list of world’s best country for women to live in.
- In Gold Monetisation Scheme (GMS), what is the time period for medium term bank deposits ?
D.4-6 yearsAnswer – C.5-7 years
Explanation – As per new norms of GMS, medium (5-7 years) and long-term (12-15 years) gold deposits (MLTGD), principal will be denominated in gold, and the interest will be calculated in rupees with reference to the value of gold at the time of the deposit.
- As per Global Human Development Report (HDR) 2015, which country tops the list of human development index (HDI) in South Asian region ?
D.AfganistanAnswer – D.Afganistan
Explanation – As per the Global Human Development Report (HDR) 2015 Afghanistan tops the list in South Asia with the value of 1.89 for 1990-2014 followed by Bangladesh (1.64), Nepal (1.49) and India (1.48). Sri Lanka’s score was 0.83.
- Bank of India’s Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojna (PMKVY) Rupay ATM Cum Debit card will provide PA how much Insurance Cover to students ?
A.Rs 3 Lac
B.Rs 2 Lac
C.Rs 1.5 Lac
D.Rs 1 LacAnswer – D.Rs 1 Lac
Explanation – Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojna (PMKVY) Rupay ATM Cum Debit card from Bank of India was issued by the ministers of MSDE and DoT, which would be issued to the students with 1 Lac Rupee PA Insurance Cover.
- NGO Greenpeace India has appointed which of the following as its executive director ?
D.Maneka GandhiAnswer – C.Ravi Chellam
Explanation – Noted environmentalist Ravi Chellam has been designated as the executive director of NGO Greenpeace India. He will succeed Samit Aich.
- As per the Biennial Update Report (BUR), that was Recently submitted by India to UNFCCC, which sector was the prime contributor to emission in 2010 ?
D.EnergyAnswer – D.Energy
Explanation – India submitted its first Biennial Update Report (BUR) to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) highlights energy sector as the prime contributor to emission in 2010.
- Ravindra Reddy, who has been recently passed away was the founder Chairman of which space manufacturing company ?
D.MTARAnswer – D.MTAR
Explanation – Ravindra Reddy, founder Chairman of MTAR, which supplies indigenously developed systems for India’s space and nuclear programmes at the age of 77.
- Which of the following has been appointed as the editor of Economic and Political Weekly (EPW) ?
D.Paranjoy ThakurtaAnswer – D.Paranjoy Thakurta
Explanation – Sameeksha Trust has designated the senior journalist and political commentator Paranjoy Guha Thakurta as the Editor of Economic and Political Weekly (EPW). He will succeed Rammanohar Reddy.
- Recently Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has appointed how many Executive Directors (EDs) to various public sector banks ?
D.12Answer – C.10
Explanation – 10 new Executive Directors (EDs) were appointed to various public sector banks by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC). The EDs have been appointed initially for a period of three years and they will take charge on or after February 1.
- Ettore Scola, who has been recently passed away was related to which of the following field ?
D.ActorAnswer – C.Director
Explanation – Oscar nominated Italian director Ettore Scola, has died at the age of 84. His movie “A Special Day” was a 1977 Oscar- nominated movie.
- Government has appopinted which of the following as the new chairman of Central Board of Direct Taxes.
C.Arun Kumar Jain
D.Surabhi SinhaAnswer – B.Atulesh Jindal
Explanation – Government has designated senior revenue service officer Atulesh Jindal as the Chairman, Central Board of Direct Taxes. He will succeed Arun Kumar Jain.
- Which of the following state Governemt has signed 8 momentum of understanding with China to set up industrial park and smart cities in the state ?
D.RajasthanAnswer – B.Haryana
Explanation – Haryana Government signed eight momentum of understanding (MoUs) with top companies of China to set up a USD 10 billion industrial park and smart cities in the state.
- The first free Public Wi-Fi service launched by RailTel in partnership with Google at which city’s railway station ?
D.LucknowAnswer – C.Mumbai
Explanation – The first free Public Wi-Fi service has been launched by Indian Railways’ telecom wing RailTel in partnership with Google at Mumbai’s central railway station.
- Shankar Ghosh, who has been recently passed away was mastro in which of the following musical instrument ?
D.FluteAnswer – B.Tabla
Explanation – Legendary tabla player & recipient of the Sangeet Natak Akademi Award, Shankar Ghosh died at the age of 80 due to pneumonia, cardiac problems and old age complications.