Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs January 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- India’s first radio taxi service for the Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender (LGBT) was kicked off in which Indian city ?
D.PuneAnswer – C.Mumbai
Explanation – India’s first radio taxi service for the Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender (LGBT) was flagged off in Mumbai. It was launched by a mainstream travel company.
- Recently, which of the following state government has reestablished the Commission for Backward Classes ?
D.Madhya PradeshAnswer – C.Andhra Pradesh
Explanation – The state government of Andhra Pradesh has reestablished the Andhra Pradesh Commission for Backward Classes by exercising the rights vested in the section 3 of Andhra Pradesh Commission for Backward Classes Act, 1993.
- 4th India Africa Hydrocarbons Conference (IAHC) was hosted by which of the following Indian state ?
D.New DelhiAnswer – D.New Delhi
Explanation – 4th India Africa Hydrocarbons Conference (IAHC) was held in New Delhi. 22 African nations participate in the conference out of which nine were represented by their Ministers.
- India’s 1st Social Mobile Wallet, “Udio” has been launched by which of the Digital payment company ?
D.TranServAnswer – D.TranServ
Explanation – Digital payment company, TranServ has launched India’s 1st Social Mobile Wallet, “Udio”, which enables squaring of dues, sharing dinner bills or a cab ride a hassle free task.
- Nai Manzil Scheme, that was announced in Union Budget 2015-16, has been launched in which Indian state ?
C.Jammu & Kashmir
D.RajasthanAnswer – C.Jammu & Kashmir
Explanation – Nai Manzil Scheme is an integrated Education and Livelihood Initiative for the Minority Communities. Girls from minority communities will be imparted three month skill development training in seven identified sectors relevant to the region under the scheme.
- IN-RNO is a Joint Naval Exercise of India with which of the following country ?
D.RussiaAnswer – C.Oman
Explanation – The 10th edition of the bilateral Indian Navy-Royal Omani Navy biennial exercise began on 22 Jan 2016 – 27 Jan 2016 in the Arabian Sea. It aims to increase interoperability among the two navies and develop common understanding and procedures for maritime security operation.
- According to the report released by World Economic Forum on “World’s best countries” India is ranked at which position ?
D.22Answer – D.22
Explanation – As per the report released by the World Economic Forum, India ranked 22nd among world’s best countries. India’s growth rate is expected to rise to 7.5 per cent this year.
- As per the United nation report, India will grow at what % in 2017 ?
D.7.1%Answer – B.7.5%
Explanation – As per UN report, India will be the fastest-growing large economy in the world. India’s Economy is expected to grow by 7.3% in 2016 7.5% in 2017. India passes China to become fastest growing economy.
- Which of the following ewallet company has teamed up with MasterCard & Yes Bank to launch Virtual Card ?
D.FreeChargeAnswer – D.FreeCharge
Explanation – In collaboration with Yes Bank and MasterCard, the wallet company FreeCharge launched a “FreeCharge Go”, a virtual card that allows users to pay for goods and services at online shops and offline retailers.
- Which Indian hotel has topped the list of Travel site TripAdvisor, as the world’s best hotel of 2016 in 25 best hotels ?
B.Umaid Bhawan Palace
C.Orange County Resorts
D.Amanresorts AmanbaghAnswer – B.Umaid Bhawan Palace
Explanation – Travel site TripAdvisor has listed Umaid Bhawan Palace in Jodhpur, Rajasthan as the world’s best hotel of 2016 in 25 best hotels list. It is one of the world’s largest private residences is named after the Maharaja Umaid Singh, grandfather of the present owner Gaj Singh.
- Which of the following has been appointed as the new brand ambassador of the Incredible India campaign ?
D.Parineeti ChopraAnswer – C.Amitabh Bachchan
Explanation – Amitabh Bachchan and Priyanka Chopra have been appointed as the new brand ambassadors of the Incredible India campaign. They will succeed Aamir Khan.
- European nation ,Moldova, has accredited which of the following as its 3rd Prime Minister ?
D.Botnari VladimirAnswer – B.Pavel Filip
Explanation – Parliament of Moldova has accredited Pavel Filip as the 3rd Prime Minister of European nation in less than a year. Moldova is a small and poorest of Europe.
- Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy was bagged by Uttar Pradesh by defeating Baroda. Uttar Pradesh was led by which of the following cricketer ?
D.Rohit SharmaAnswer – B.Suresh Raina
Explanation – Syed Mushtaq Ali title has been bagged by the Suresh Raina-led Uttar Pradesh by defeating Irfan Pathan-led Baroda with 38 runs in Mumbai. This is Uttar Pradesh’s first Syed Mushtaq Ali title.
- Which of the following tennis player has recently clinched 300th Grand Slam win in Singles Match ?
D.Grigor DimitrovAnswer – C.Roger Federer
Explanation – World Number 3, Roger Federer (34) clinched his 300th win in grand slams after defeating his Bulgarian challenger Grigor Dimitrov by 6-4, 3-6, 6-1, 6-4 to reach the fourth round of the Australian Open. Only Martina Navratilova (306) stands in front of him.
- Mrinalini Sarabhai, who has been recently passed away was related to which of the following field ?
D.Classical dancerAnswer – D.Classical dancer
Explanation – Noted danseuse and Padma Bhushan recipient Mrinalini Sarabhai passed at the age of 97. She was trained in Bharatanatyam, Kathakali and Mohiniyattom.