Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs January 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
Click Here to Read Current Affairs January 21 2016
- Union government has granted infrastructure status to which of the following industry in a bid to ease financial stress ?
D.Shipyard IndustryAnswer – D.Shipyard Industry
Explanation – In a bid to ease financial stress, union government has granted infrastructure status to the shipyard industry. This will enable shipyards to avail flexible long-term funding at lower costs.
- As per the announcement by Union Minister of Road Transport, Highways and Shipping Shri Nitin Gadkari, total of how much amount has been approved for infrastructure development projects in Tamil Nadu ?
A.Rs. 17,000 crore
B.Rs. 60,000 crore
C.Rs. 33,000 crore
D.Rs. 50,000 croreAnswer – D.Rs. 50,000 crore
Explanation – Centre has consented Rs. 50,000 crore for infrastructure development projects in Tamil Nadu. Cabinet had approved Rs. 33,000 crore & an additional amount of Rs. 17,000 crore has been approved by Shri Nitin Gadkari.
- Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) has appointed which of the following as its President ?
B.Aisha de Sequeira
D.Kalpana MorpariaAnswer – C.Mamta Binani
Explanation – First CS to be bestowed with “Bharat Nirman Awards” in 2010 and a practicing as a CS from 19 years, Mamta Binani has been designated as the President of Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI). She will commence her job from January 19, 2016.
- As per Policy of “Promotion of City Compost”, sale of city compost will be assisted by how much amount/tonne which can be utilized as organic fertiliser by farmers ?
D.Rs 1,500Answer – D.Rs 1,500
Explanation – Policy on “Promotion of City Compost” has got a stamp of approval by the Union Cabinet to lower the maximum retail price of city compost for farmers.As per policy, sale of city compost will be assisted by Rs 1,500 per tonne, which can be utilized as organic fertiliser by farmers.
- Which of the following has been appointed as the India’s Ambassador to Republic of Argentina ?
D.Sanjiv RanjanAnswer – D.Sanjiv Ranjan
Explanation – Shri Sanjiv Ranjan has been designated as the next Ambassador of lndia to Republic of Argentina. The 1993 batch lFS officer, presently serving as Joint Secretary in the Ministry.
- What is the outlay of CCEA approved 5000 MW of Grid-connected Solar PV Power Projects ?
A.Rs. 17,000 crore
B.Rs. 60,000 crore
C.Rs. 30,000 crore
D.Rs. 50,000 croreAnswer – C.Rs. 30,000 crore
Explanation – Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs has given its nod for setting up over 5,000 MW of Grid-Connected Solar PV Power Projects on build, own and operate basis with an outlay of Rs 30,000 crore.
- Which of the following football player has appointed by the United Nations to promote its objective of eradication of poverty by 2030 ?
D.NeymarAnswer – B.Lionel Messi
Explanation – United Nations has appointed Barcelona and Argentina captain Lionel Messi and pop sensation Shakira to promote world body’s objective of eradication of poverty by 2030.
- Government of India and the World Bank has signed an US$ 250 million accord for the river Basin Development Project in which Indian state ?
D.BiharAnswer – D.Bihar
Explanation – “Bihar Kosi Basin Development Project” got a financial succor of US$ 250 million from World Bank after the accordment has been endorsed by the Government of India and the World Bank.
- Japanese Softbank has made how much infusement in Mumbai-based online real estate portal Housing.com. ?
A.Rs 150 crore
B.Rs 120 crore
C.Rs 100 crore
D.Rs 110 croreAnswer – C.Rs 100 crore
Explanation – Japan-based Softbank has invested a fresh round of Rs 100 crore funding in Mumbai-based online real estate portal Housing.com.
- Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, released a book named “The Z Factor”. It has been writtten by which of the following ?
D.Subhash ChandraAnswer – D.Subhash Chandra
Explanation – The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, released a book named “The Z Factor: My Journey as the Wrong Man at the Right Time” written by Shri Subhash Chandra. The book is published by Harper Collins.
- Recently MRF Tyres and International Cricket Council (ICC) becomes global partner. MRF Tyres headquarter is situated at which place ?
D.MysuruAnswer – B.Chennai
Explanation – MRF Tyres and The International Cricket Council (ICC) becomes global partner by announcing a four-year deal.
- Which of the following singer’s song held a record for “fastest time for a video to reach one billion views on YouTube” ?
D.AdeleAnswer – D.Adele
Explanation – Global superstar Adele’s (UK) recent hit song “Hello” reached a staggering one billion views on the popular video platform YouTube in mere 88 days.
- Recently, 2,000-years old, seven Buddhist caves have been discovered in which Indian city ?
D.PuneAnswer – C.Mumbai
Explanation – Seven Buddhist caves have been discovered at Sanjay Gandhi National Park, Borivli (Mumbai) in India. The caves are possibly dated between the 1stcentury B.C. and 5th -6th century A.Dthat is before Kanheri Caves.
- How much of financial aid has been approved for Highway Project in Bihar ?
D.Rs 4,198-croreAnswer – B.Rs 4,918-crore
Explanation – For the widening of NH 2 stretch in Bihar and to expand its infrastructure, Cabinet has assented Rs 4,918-crore. It also approved 6-laning of Aurangabad – Bihar/ Jharkhand Border – Barwa Adda section on NH 2 in Bihar and Jharkhand.
- Which of the following Indian F1 driver bagged the 2016 Lady Wigram Trophy ?
D.Jehan DaruvalaAnswer – D.Jehan Daruvala
Explanation – Jehan Daruvala, Indian racer started his campaign 2016 by winning one of New Zealand’s most prestigious events, the Lady Wigram Trophy, for his maiden victory in Formula cars. He is the youngest Indian racer.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification