Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs January 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
Click Here to Read Current Affairs January 20 2016
- Asia Pacific 2016 Wealth Report has ranked India at which place, in terms of number of high net worth individuals (HNWIs) ?
D.5thAnswer – C.4th
Explanation – According to the Asia Pacific 2016 Wealth Report, by New World Wealth, India ranked 4th among the top five Asia Pacific countries in terms of number of high net worth individuals (HNWIs) with 2.36 lakh.
- Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has recently released the results from the first phase of the National Family Health Survey 2015-16 for how many states ?
D.15Answer – C.13
Explanation – The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare released the results from the first phase of the National Family Health Survey (NFHS-4), 2015-16. NFHS-4, 2015-16 is fourth in the series of national surveys.
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) has projected India’s growth to what percent in current fiscal?
D.7.3%Anwer – D.7.3%
Explanation – The International Monetary Fund (IMF) kept India’s growth projection unchanged at 7.3% in the current fiscal and 7.5% in the next. India would continue to grow at a “robust pace”.
- FinMin has released the draft report of 10 member committee to simplify the provisions of IT Act, 1961. The Committee was headed by which of the following ?
B.P J Nayak
C.H R Khan
D.R V EaswarAnswer – D.R V Easwar
Explanation – Union Ministry of Finance has released the draft report of 10 member committee headed by Justice R V Easwar (Retd) Committee to simplify the provisions of Income-tax Act, 1961. It contains 27 suggestions for amendments and 8 recommendations for reform through administrative instructions.
- Which of the following IT giant is set to donate $1 billion in cloud computing services to offer support for over 70,000 NGOs worldwide ?
D.CognizantAnswer – C.Microsoft
Explanation – Microsoft’s charity arm is set to donate $1 billion in cloud computing services over the course of the next three years to non-profits worldwide. Microsoft aims to offer support for over 70,000 NGOs worldwide on its cloud platforms.
- Union Ministry of Shipping has launched the “Project Green Ports”. It will support which of the following scheme launched by Modi Govt ?
B.Smart City Mission
D.Make in IndiaAnswer – C.Swachh Bharat
Explanation – Union Ministry of Shipping launched the “Project Green Ports”, which is aimed at reducing the pollution levels at ports and managing the sewage treatment at ports.The project has two verticals viz. Green Ports Initiative and Swachh Bharat Abhiyan.
- As per a report by UK-based charity Oxfam titled “An Economy for the 1%”, how many Indians are included in the wealthiest 62 people owning half of the world’s population (3.5 billion people) ?
D.8Answer – B.4
Explanation – As per a report by UK-based charity Oxfam titled “An Economy for the 1%”, the wealthiest 62 people now own half of the world’s population (3.5 billion people). Among those affluent 62, there are four Indian names: Industrialist Mukesh Ambani, IT titan Azim Premji, pharma boss Dilip Shanghvi and business magnates Hinduja Brothers.
- Shri Nitin Gadkari is all set to inaugurate 19th National Conference on e-Governance. It will held in which of the following place ?
D.DelhiAnswer – B.Nagpur
Explanation – Union Minister for Road Transport & Highways and Shipping Shri Nitin Gadkari will inaugurate the 19th National Conference on e-Governance to be held in Nagpur, Maharashtra.
- India has signed an agreement with which of the following country to strengthen economic cooperation in various sectors ?
D.UKAnswer – D.UK
Explanation – India and the UK agreed to strengthen economic cooperation in various sectors including infrastructure financing, addressing issues of cross-border tax evasion and avoidance.
- Which Indian state has announced to introduce ‘Course Credits’ in Secondary education for students to take part in certain programmes ?
D.TelanganaAnswer – D.Telangana
Explanation – Telangana Government is set to introduce ‘Course Credits’ in Secondary education for students to take part in certain programmes, from the next academic year. These will add up as they move on to higher classes.
- Aroon Tikekar, who has been recently passed away was related to which of the following field?
D.JournalistAnswer – D.Journalist
Explanation – Senior journalist and scholar Aroon Tikekar passed away at 72 due to breathing-related complications. He was the recipient of several literary and journalism awards.
- Which state govt has approved 35 per cent reservation for women in government jobs ?
D.JharkhandAnswer – C.Bihar
Explanation – Bihar Government has approved 35 per cent reservation for women in government jobs in the state including reserved and unreserved category.
- As per the survey of consultancy giant PwC, which country has topped the chart of “most promising markets globally” ?
D.USAAnswer – D.USA
Explanation – The top five markets considered as most important for overall growth are USA, China, Germany, the UK and India. INDIA has emerged as one of the five most promising markets for businesses globally as it offers one of the best opportunities for both domestic as well as global companies.
- Glenn Frey, who has been recently passed away was famous for which music instrument ?
D.HarmonicaAnswer – B.Guitar
Explanation – Eagle’s guitarist Glenn Frey has died at the age of 67.Eagles were one of the most successful bands of the 1970s.
- Which state govt has signed memorandum of understanding for a skill training programme for the youth ?
D.TelanganaAnswer – B.Maharashtra
Explanation – The Maharashtra government and Tata Trust signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) for a skill training programme for the youth. The programme has been undertaken under the state government’s “Kushal Maharashtra, Rojgaryukt Maharashtra” initiative.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification