Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs January 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Which of the following has been appointed as the President of Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) ?
A.Ram Nath Kovind
C.Lalu Prasad Yadav
Answer – C.Lalu Prasad Yadav
Explanation – Former railway minister, Lalu Prasad Yadav (67) was elected as president of his party Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) for the ninth consecutive term. He has been elected for the period of 3 years.
- Recently announcement has been made to establish a Film Facilitation Office at NDFC premises. NDFC head office is situated at which place ?
Answer – D.Mumbai
Explanation – To create a film friendly environment in the country, it has also been decided to establish a Film Facilitation Office at the National Film Development Corporation of India (NFDC) premises under the supervision of the Ministry of I&B.
- According to the Grant Thornton International Business Report (IBR), which country has the most optimistic lot about economic recovery in 2016 ?
Answer – B.India
Explanation – According to the Grant Thornton International Business Report (IBR), Indian business leaders have emerged as the most optimistic lot globally about economic recovery in 2016. India is followed by Ireland (88%) and Philippines (84%).
- Which of the following has been confereed with the title of 2016 Dafabet Masters, that was held at Alexandra Palace in London ?
B.Pankaj Arjan Advani
Answer – C.Ronnie O’Sullivan
Explanation – Ronnie O’Sullivan won his 6th £200,000 Snooker Masters title after defeating Barry Hawkins by 10-1 in the final of professional non-ranking snooker tournament, 2016 Dafabet Masters at the Alexandra Palace in London.
- National Conference on “Sustainable Agriculture and Farmer’s Welfare” was hosted by which Indian state ?
Answer – D.Sikkim
Explanation – The two-day National Conference on “Sustainable Agriculture and Farmer’s Welfare” was chaired in Sikkim. “Organic Farming Festival” was also organized to give more impetus to Organic Farming.
- The CCI has ruled the Universities and examining bodies for not to charge more than how many Rs for evaluating answer scripts ?
Answer – C.Rs 2
Explanation – The Central Information Commission has ruled the Universities and examining bodies for not to charge more than Rs 2 per page for providing copies of evaluated answer scripts to students.
- Which country’s President has declared “a state of economic emergency” ?
Answer – B.France
Explanation – French President Francois Hollande has declared “a state of economic emergency” by announcing that it’s time to redefine France’s economic and social model. The measures included a loosening of some worker-friendly measures to encourage companies to hire, and new training for half a million workers.
- Which of the following was crowned with the champions of the Premier Badminton League ?
Answer – D.Delhi Acers
Explanation – Delhi Acers were crowned the champions of the inaugural edition of the Premier Badminton League after they defeated the Mumbai Rockets 4-3 in the final at the DDA Badminton Stadium in Delhi.
- After Steve Harminson, which of the following has become the first England bowler to top the ICC player ranking for the test bowlers ?
Answer – C.Stuart Broad
Explanation – Stuart Broad has become the first England bowler since Steve Harminson in 2004 to top the ICC player ranking for the test bowlers.
- Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) imposed a life time ban on which of the following due to the involvement in the IPL spot-fixing scandal ?
Answer – D.Ajit Chandila
Explanation – Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) imposed a life time ban on Haryana off-spinner bowler Ajit Chandila due to his involvement in the IPL spot-fixing scandal 2013.
- Geethapriya, who has been recently passed away was related to which of the following field ?
Answer – B.Film-maker
Explanation – Noted Sandalwood film-maker and lyricist Geethapriya (84) died due to throat cancer. He directed about 40 Kannada movies and penned more than 250 songs. He also directed a Hindi film and two Tulu films.
- Mindtree has appointed which of the following as its CEO and managing director ?
Answer – D.Rostow Ravanan
Explanation – Mindtree has appointed Rostow Ravanan as the CEO and managing director while Krishnakumar Natarajan as the executive chairman of the company. Natarajan will succeed Subroto Bagchi.
- Which of the following has become the second most followed Indian on Twitter ?
C.Shah Rukh Khan
Answer – D.Narendra Modi
Explanation – Prime Minister Narendra Modi has pipped bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan to become second most followed Indian on social media site Twitter just behind Amitabh Bachchan.
- As per the Global Talent Competitiveness Index (GTC), India has been listed at which place ?
Answer – B.89
Explanation – Due to acute shortage of skilled labour force and difficult business conditions, India has slipped 11 places to rank 89th on a global index of talent competitiveness. The list has been topped by Switzerland.
- Which of the following has launched an innovation centre to promote the culture of innovation among its undergraduate students ?
Answer – C.IIT-K
Explanation – IIT-Kharagpur has launched an innovation centre to promote the culture of innovation among a wide cross section of students and faculty with support from its alumni and the industry. The Innovations Centre comprises a Design Facility and Tinkering Laboratory.