Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs January 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Recently 25 children has been selected for the National Bravery Awards 2015. Which of the following has been conferred with Bharat Award ?
Answer – C.Kawduji Sahastrabuddhe
Explanation – Kawduji Sahastrabuddhe has been selected for Bharat Award (Highest of the National Bravery awards), who sacrificed his life while saving his four friends.
- Which state has shown a mounting in crossing 900 plus mark in sex ratio with 903 girls per 1,000 boys ?
Answer – C.Haryana
Explanation – For the first time in 10 years, sex ratio in Haryana has shown a mounting crossing the 900 mark with 903 girls per 1,000 boys as compared to earlier 879 females per 1,000 males.
- Which of the following has become the first flowering plant grown outside Earth’s atmosphere ?
Answer – D.Zinnia
Explanation – Zinnia became the first flower that has finally bloomed in outer space. The flowers were grown inside the Veggie lab aboard International Space Station (ISS) which was installed in early May 2014.
- Recently start-up issue of Laghu Udyog Samachar has been released at the 13th Meeting of the NBMSME. What NBMSME stands for ?
A.National Board for Macro, Small and Medium Enterprises
B.National Bureau for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
C.National Board for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
D.National Bureau for Macro, Small and Medium Enterprises
Answer – C.National Board for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
Explanation – The Start-up issue of Laghu Udyog Samachar (January 2016) was released by Shri Kalraj Mishra, Union Minister of MSME at the 13th Meeting of the National Board for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises.
- Which temple is all set to deposit its idle gold in the Gold Monetisation Scheme as its trustees ?
Answer – D.Somnath Temple
Explanation – The Somnath Temple is all set to become Gujarat’s first temple to deposit its idle gold in the Gold Monetisation Scheme as its trustees. The trust has around 35 kg of gold.
- Which of the following has bagged the title of 14th Parsvnath Delhi International Chess Festival ?
Answer – D.Ivan Popov
Explanation – Russia’s Ivan Popov has bagged the title 14th Parsvnath Delhi International Chess Festival with prize money of Rs. three lakh. Hungarian Attila Czebe stood as runner up (2 lakh) and Ukraine’s Valeriy Neverov (Rs. 1 lakh) placed at third position.
- BHEL has commissioned 660 MW supercritical unit of Lalitpur Super Thermal Power Project (STPP) in which state ?
Answer – D.Uttar Pradesh
Explanation – BHEL has commissioned the second 660 MW supercritical unit of Lalitpur Super Thermal Power Project (STPP) in Uttar Pradesh. Lalitpur STPP is being developed by Lalitpur Power Generation Company Limited (LPGCL)-promoted by the Bajaj Hindustan group.
- Exim bank has signed an MoU with which Indian state for promoting exports in that state ?
Answer – B.Andhra Pradesh
Explanation – Exim Bank of India and the Andhra Pradesh government have signed a MoU, for achieving higher exports in AP by facilitation of market linkages through its market advisory services, which include identification of suitable partners.
- According to the handbook, published by the Oxford University, India is ranked at which place in the production of fruits ?
Answer – B.2nd
Explanation – According to the handbook, published by the Oxford University, the upswing in fruit production makes India the second largest global producer behind China. Grapes occupy the premier position in exports followed by banana and mango.
- Which of the following has been elected to the board of directors of China backed AIIB ?
Answer – B.Dinesh Sharma
Explanation – Dinesh Sharma, Additional Secretary of Ministry of Finance has been elected to the 12-member board of directors of AIIB. This will be the first board of directors for the new bank in which 57 members joined a founding members.
- The NASSCOM (The National Association of Software and Services Companies) 10K Start-up Program in partnership with which Govt inaugurated the T-Hub NASSCOM Start-up Warehouse ?
Answer – C.Telangana
Explanation – The NASSCOM (The National Association of Software and Services Companies) 10K Start-up Program in partnership with the Telangana government inaugurated the T-Hub NASSCOM Start-up Warehouse in Hyderabad.
- Which country’s scientists has developed new bio-artificial liver that can help recover patient’s liver functions ?
Answer – D.China
Explanation – Scientists in China have developed a new bio artificial liver that can help recover patient’s liver functions and prolong their lives so they can wait for suitable donor livers for a transplant.
- Which of the following has won the 2016 Apia International title of tennis in Men’s Singles ?
Answer – C.Viktor Troicki
Explanation – The 2016 Apia International was a joint 2016 ATP World Tour and 2016 WTA Tour tennis tournament, played on outdoor hard courts in Sydney, Australia. It was the 123rd edition of the tournament.
- Ventrapragada Rama Rao, who has been recently passed away was the former governor of which State ?
Answer – B.Sikkim
Explanation – Former Sikkim Governor and senior Bharatiya Janata Party leader Ventrapragada Rama Rao died at a private hospital at the age of 81.
- Manpreet Akhtar, who has been recently passed away was related to which of the following field ?
Answer – C.Singing
Explanation – Noted Punjabi folk singer Manpreet Akhtar passed away due to brain hemorrhage at a local hospital in Patiala. She was 55.