Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs January 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Reserve Bank is ready to issue 2nd tranche of gold bond scheme. What is the public issue price per gram for the sovereign gold bonds ?
Answer – B.Rs 2600
Explanation – The banks will “shortly” issue the second tranche of sovereign gold bonds. Reserve Bank had launched the first tranche of gold bond scheme in November. The subscription was for 915.95 kg amounting to Rs. 246 crore.
- DSC Prize for South Asian Literature 2016 has been conferred upon which of the following in Sri Lanka ?
Answer – C.Anuradha Roy
Explanation – The DSC Prize for South Asian Literature 2016 has been conferred upon Anuradha Roy for her novel Sleeping on Jupiter at the Fairway Galle Literary Festival in Sri Lanka.
- World Bank has extended how much worth of its assistance to help the reconstruction of Indira Gandhi Zoological Park (IGZP) in Visakhapatnam ?
A.USD 30 mn
B.USD 15 mn
C.USD 20 mn
D.USD 10 mn
Answer – C.USD 20 mn
Explanation – The World Bank is extending an assistance of USD 20 million to help reconstruct the Indira Gandhi Zoological Park (IGZP), which got devastated during cyclone Hudhud.
- World’s largest Tricolour to be hoisted in which Indian state ?
Answer – C.Jharkhand
Explanation – Jharkhand is all set to beat a record held by a flag in Faridabad, Haryana in March 2015 by getting the world’s largest Tricolour flying atop the country’s tallest flagpole at the Pahari temple in Ranchi. The flag measuring 99 by 66 feet will be hoisted at a height of 293 feet.
- World Bank released its annual World Development Report (WDR) dubbed which title that is focused on the impact of digitization on economic development ?
Answer – C.Digital Dividends
Explanation – Washington D.C. headquartered World Bank released its annual World Development Report (WDR) titled “Digital Dividends” with a focal point on the impact of the Internet, mobile phones and communication technologies (ICTs) on economic development.
- Which of the following has been selected for the Prof MV Pylee Award for the Distinguished Academician of India ?
A.V. S. Sivakumar
Answer – D.Jancy James
Explanation – Dr Jancy James, the first woman Vice Chancellor of Kerala selected for the Prof MV Pylee Award for the Distinguished Academician of India. The award is given for excellence in teaching and research which carries an amount of 1 lakh rupees and a citation.
- Recently Suresh Prabhu has decided to create an umbrella agreement with the Department of Transportation of which country ?
Answer – D.US
Explanation – Suresh Prabhu is in Washington DC to attend a World Bank meeting on transportation. During his meeting with US Transportation Secretary Anthony Renard Foxx the two leaders decided to create an umbrella agreement with the Department of Transportation about transportation sector in general.
- United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP) has forecasted how much % of growth rate for India for 2016 ?
Answer – D.7.5%
Explanation – Due to the slow progress in execution of reform policies, United Nations has reduced its GDP growth forecast for India for 2016 to 7.5% from 8.2%.
- The award for “Best Actor in a Leading Role” during 61st Britannia Filmfare Awards 2015 has been conferred upon which of the following ?
Answer – B.Ranveer Singh
Explanation – The 61st Britannia Filmfare Awards 2015 were recently held in Mumbai where Best Actor in a Leading Role was bestowed upon Ranveer Singh.
- The Hindu Prize, 2015 has been bestowed upon which of the following ?
Answer – C.Easterine Kire
Explanation – Easterine Kire, poet, novelist and children’s writer from Nagaland, won The Hindu Prize, 2015, for her novel When the River Sleeps, a book about a lone hunter seeking a faraway river, to take from it a stone that will give him untold powers.
- Tsai Ing-wen has been appointed as the first female President of which country ?
Answer – B.Taiwan
Explanation – Taiwan has elected its first female president in a landmark election that could unsettle relations with Beijing. Tsai Ing-wen defeated Eric Chu, the Nationalist Party’s Presidential candidate for Taiwan’s presidential election.
- Which of the following Indian Batsman become the fastest batsman to reach 7000 runs in One Day Internationals ?
Answer – C.Virat Kohli
Explanation – Indian batsman Virat Kohli broke AB de Villier’s record to become the fastest batsman to reach 7000 runs in One Day Internationals. He also registered his 24th ODI century on the day.
- Gopal Krishna Roy, who has been recently passed away was related to which of the following field ?
Answer – D.Journalism
Explanation – Veteran journalist Gopal Krishna Roy passed away at the age of 82. Roy, a bachelor, worked with news agency UNI for several years. He had also written a biographical book on Sen named “Suchitra-r kotha”.
- Recently Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd has tied up with which e-commerce giant for online booking of KUV100 ?
Answer – B.Flipkart
Explanation – E-commerce giant Flipkart announced an exclusive tie-up with Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd for online bookings of the newly launched KUV100.
- Recently Foreign Investment Promotion Board(FIPB) clears how many foreign investment proposals with an inflow of Rs. 6,050 crore ?
Answer – C.5
Explanation – The Government approved 5 foreign investment proposals, involving an inflow of Rs. 6,050 crore, which includes a Rs. 5,000-crore plan of Cadila Healthcare for fresh equity infusion.