Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs January 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Which of the following bank has launched a dedicated branch for start-ups in Bengaluru ?
D.AxisAnswer – C.SBI
Explanation – State Bank of India launched its wealth management offering and inaugurated a dedicated branch for start-ups Bengaluru.‘SBI InCube‘ the branch for start-ups would offer advisory services to the budding entrepreneurs under one roof.
- Recently Govt has decided for setting up a high-powered panel to process the recommendations of the 7th Pay Commission. It will be headed by which of the following ?
A.V V Dagra
B.P K Sinha
C.S B Sinha
D.P J NayakAnswer – B.P K Sinha
Explanation – Government decided to set up a high-powered panel headed by cabinet secretary P K Sinha to process the recommendations of the 7th Pay Commission which will have bearing on the remuneration of 47 lakh central government employees and 52 lakh pensioners.
- Which of the following Indian designer has been conferred with International Woolmark Prize?
D.Rohit BalAnswer – B.Suket Dhir
Explanation – Suket Dhir won the Rs 48.5 lakh (A$100,000) worth prestigious International Woolmark Prize for a menswear collection that fused classic western tailoring with traditional techniques.
- Which state has been declared as the India’s first fully organic state whose agricultural land was gradually converted to certified organic land ?
D.AssamAnswer – C.Sikkim
Explanation – Sikkim has turned out to be the India’s first fully organic state by implementing organic practices on 75,000 hectares of agricultural land, as per the guidelines laid down in National Programme for Organic Production.
- Recently Presidential assent has been given to the Sugar Cess (Amendment) Bill, 2015. It will amend which of the folloiwng act ?
A.Sugar Cess Act, 1978
B.Sugar Cess Act, 2011
C.Sugar Cess Act, 2003
D.Sugar Cess Act, 1982Answer – D.Sugar Cess Act, 1982
Explanation – To help sugarcane growers and cash-starved mills, President Pranab Mukherjee has given his assent to the Sugar Cess (Amendment) Bill, 2015, raising the ceiling of the impost from Rs 25 to Rs 200 per quintal. It will amend the Sugar Cess Act, 1982.
- Smriti Zubin Irani inaugurated the permanent campus (Phase I) of Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) in which of the following city ?
D.ThiruvananthapuramAnswer – D.Thiruvananthapuram
Explanation – Union Human Resource Development Minister Smt. Smriti Zubin Irani inaugurated the permanent campus (Phase I) of Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) at Vithura near Thiruvananthapuram.
- Which of the following has been appointed as the Brand Ambassador of Nagjee International Club Football Tournament ?
D.Cristiano RonaldoAnswer – A.Ronaldinho
Explanation – Brazilian star Ronaldinho was appointed as Brand Ambassador of Nagjee International Club Football Tournament will be played in Kozhikode, Kerala.
- India’s grid-connected solar power generation capacity has crossed the 5,000 MW mark. Which Indian state has the maximum grid-connected capacity ?
D.GujaratAnswer – C.Rajasthan
Explanation – Total grid-connected solar power generation capacity in India is 5,129.81 MW. Rajasthan (1,264.35 MW) has the maximum grid-connected capacity, followed by Gujarat (1,024.15 MW) and Madhya Pradesh (678.58 MW).
- Which Indian state is ready to set up for speedy trial of cases relating to witchcraft incidents ?
D.UttarakhandAnswer – C.Jharkhand
Explanation – Jharkhand government is ready to set up fast track courts in five districts – Ranchi, Chaibasa, Khunti, Palamau and Simdega districts for speedy trial of cases relating to witchcraft incidents.
- The 15th edition of bilateral exercise between India and Japan titled “Sahayog-Kaijin 2016” has hosted by which Indian state ?
D.PuducherryAnswer – B.Tamil Nadu
Explanation – The 15th edition of bilateral exercise between India and Japan titled “Sahayog-Kaijin 2016” has begun off the coast of Chennai, Tamil Nadu in the Bay of Bengal. It is biennial bilateral exercise held once in two years.
- UNICEF has bestowed Danny Kaye Humanitarian Leadership Award upon which of the following ?
D.Cristiano RonaldoAnswer – C.David Beckham
Explanation – UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador and retired football professional David Beckham has been bestowed with the Danny Kaye Humanitarian Leadership Award at the 6th biennial UNICEF Ball in Los Angeles for recognizing his tireless work to save and improve the lives of children around the world.
- Tata-SIA joint venture Vistara has appointed which of the following as its new chairman ?
D.Prasad MenonAnswer – C.Bhaskar Bhat
Explanation – Bhaskar Bhat has taken over as the new chairman of Tata-SIA joint venture Vistara, the airline. He will succeed Prasad Menon.
- Alan Rickman, who has been recently passed away was related to which of the following field ?
D.ActorAnswer – D.Actor
Explanation – British actor and Director Alan Rickman, a classically trained stage star and screen villain in the Harry Potter saga and other films has died. He was 69.
- Neerja Bhanot Award has been conferred upon which of the following ?
D.Subhashini VasanthAnswer – D.Subhashini Vasanth
Explanation – Bollywood actoress Sonam Kapoor presented the Neerja Bhanot Award to Bangalore-based Subhashini Vasanth. She is a founder-trustee of Vasantharatna Foundation, which acts as a bridge between the larger society, government agencies and the families of martyrs.
- INS Rahav is built by which of the following country ?
D.IndiaAnswer – C.Germany
Explanation – Israel has marked the addition of a fifth German-made submarine to its fleet. INS Rahav was built in Kiel, Germany. All the submarines are capable of carrying nuclear-tipped cruise missiles.