Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs January 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- As per the survey on “Trends in International Migrant Stock” conducted by UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs (DESA), which country has the largest diaspora population in the world ?
Answer – D.India
Explanation – As per the report of survey on “Trends in International Migrant Stock” conducted by UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs (DESA), India’s diaspora population is the largest in the world with 16 million people from India living outside their country in 2015.
- Mumbai Rail Police safety initiatives named SAMEEP and B-Safe has been launched by which of the following ?
Answer – D.Sachin Tendulkar
Explanation – Cricket icon Sachin Tendulkar launched two initiatives SAMEEP and B-Safe by Mumbai Railway Police. SAMEEP(Safety Alert Messages Exclusively For Passengers) is an effort towards instant communication with railway passengers in case of any eventuality. B-Safe is a prolonged multi-media awareness campaign.
- Global logistics provider DHL Express has designated which of the following as its Chief Executive Officer for Asia Pacific region ?
Answer – B.Ken Lee
Explanation – Global logistics provider DHL Express has designated Ken Lee as its Chief Executive Officer for Asia Pacific region.He will succeed Jerry Hsu.
- Recently Narendra Modi has given its ex-post facto approval for cooperation in the field of Health signed by India with which country ?
Answer – C.Maldives
Explanation – The Union Cabinet chaired by the PM Shri Narendra Modi has given its ex-post facto approval for the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Maldives which was signed in January, 2014 on cooperation in the field of Health.
- Government of India has signed a loan agreement with Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) for pollution abatement of which river ?
Answer – B.Mula-Mutha
Explanation – The Government signed a loan agreement with Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) for pollution abatement of River Mula-Mutha under National River Conservation Plan (NRCP). Loan amount : Loan of 19.064 billion Yen (about Rs. 1000 crore) at an interest rate of 0.30% per annum.
- “China Tourism Year” in India has been hosted by which Indian state ?
Answer – C.Delhi
Explanation – The China National Tourism Administration (CNTA) announced the beginning of China-India Tourism Year in Delhi on the sidelines of the decision taken jointly in 2014 by PM Narendra Modi and Chinese President Xi Jinping to observe the “India Tourism Year” in China in 2015 and “China Tourism Year” in India in 2016.
- French IT services firm Capgemini has appointed has appointed which of the following as its CEO of India operations ?
Answer – C.Srinivas Kandula
Explanation – French IT services firm Capgemini has appointed Srinivas Kandula as the CEO of its India operations. He will succeed Aruna Jayanthi who has moved to a global role within the Group.
- Conference of Quadrilateral Coordination Group (QCG) on Afghan Peace and Reconciliation was held in which of the following ?
Answer – B.Islamabad
Explanation – Conference of Quadrilateral Coordination Group (QCG) on Afghan Peace and Reconciliation process was held in Islamabad to explore ways to create consensus for talks between the Taliban and Afghanistan’s government.
- As per the World Bank lending report, which country came out to be the largest recipient of loans from the World Bank ?
Answer – D.India
Explanation – As per the World Bank lending report, India is the largest recipient of loans from the World Bank, amounting to $102.1 billion, between 1945 and 2015 (as on July 21, 2015). The World Bank has been lending funds to India for rural and urban development projects related to transport, water and irrigation, health, power and agriculture.
- Which of the following become the second Indian bank after Indian Overseas Bank to have branch in South Korea ?
Answer – C.SBI
Explanation – Country’s largest lender SBI has opened a branch in Seoul, South Korea to predominantly finance growing trade and investment relations between Korean and Indian companies.SBI is second Indian bank after Indian Overseas Bank to have branch in South Korea.
- Which of the following has been conferred with National Award on e-Governance 2015-16 for launching the Universal Account Number (UAN) ?
Answer – B.EPFO
Explanation – Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) has been conferred with National Award on e-Governance 2015-16 for launching the Universal Account Number (UAN). It won the gold award in the “innovative use of technology in e-governance” category and the retirement body will get a cash prize of Rs 2 lakh.
- The prestigious Yale School of Management has honoured which of the following as “most generous graduate” ?
Answer – D.Indra Nooyi
Explanation – The prestigious Yale School of Management is set to name its deanship in honour of PepsiCo’s India-born CEO Indra Nooyi as she gifted an undisclosed amount to her alma mater. She becomes the school’s biggest alumni donor. She is also the first woman to endow the deanship at a top business school.
- Which of the following has been appointed as the Chairman of Assocham Karnataka Regional Council ?
Answer – D.R Shivakumar
Explanation – R Shivakumar, Chairman of Kumar Group of companies, Bengaluru, has been appointed as the Chairman of Assocham Karnataka Regional Council. S Babu has been appointed as Co-Chairman of Assocham Karnataka Regional Council.
- FIFA’s emergency committee has dismissed which of the following from the position of FIFA Secretary General with immediate effect ?
Answer – C.Jerome Valcke
Explanation – FIFA’s emergency committee has dismissed Jerome Valcke from the position of FIFA Secretary General with immediate effect. The duties of the Secretary General will continue to be assumed by the Acting Secretary General, Dr Markus Kattner.
- J.F.R. Jacob, who has been recently passed away was related to which of the following field ?
Answer – D.Military
Explanation – The Hero of 1971 war with Pakistan, Lieutenant-General J.F.R. Jacob passed away due to prolonged illness in New Delhi. He was 92.