Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs January 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- IndiaFirst Life Insurance has launched a non-linked, participating, endowment, deferred pension plan offering guaranteed return of how much % on total premiums ?
Answer – C.9%
Explanation – IndiaFirst Life Insurance, a joint venture between Bank of Baroda, Andhra Bank and Legal and General of the UK entered into pension sector with launch of a 9% guaranteed retirement plan.
- To accelerate the Mumbai-Ahmedabad High-Speed Rail Corridor, PMO has constituted which of the following panel ?
A.Shyam Benegal panel
B.Narayana Murthy panel
C.HL Dattu panel
D.Arvind Panagariya panel
Answer – D.Arvind Panagariya panel
Explanation – To accelerate the Mumbai-Ahmedabad High-Speed Rail Corridor, meant for bullet trains between the two cities, Prime Minister’s Office has constituted a committee the vice-chairman of the NITI Aayog, Arvind Panagariya that will interact with the Japanese counterpart for taking the next step in implementation.
- Which of the following has become the honorary life membership of Kolkata’s famed soccer outfit Mohammedan Sporting ?
Answer – B.Amitabh Bachchan
Explanation – Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan bestowed honorary life membership of Kolkata’s famed soccer outfit Mohammedan Sporting which is celebrating its 125th anniversary this year.
- Which of the following Border Security force (BSF) has started its ‘Operation Cold’ along international border ?
Answer – C.Rajasthan BSF
Explanation – Covering Sriganganagar, Bikaner, Barmer and Jaisalmer in Rajasthan Border Security Force has launched ‘Operation Cold’ along the international border. It will continue till January 30.
- Illumina, the world’s largest DNA sequencing company announced the launch of the startup named GRAIL. It will operate from which country ?
Answer – B.USA
Explanation – Illumina, announced the launch of the startup named GRAIL to develop blood-based cancer tests. It will operate from San Diego in California, USA. The company was launched in association with Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates, Amazon CEO Jeff Bezo’s venture fund Bezos Expeditions and Arch Venture Partners.
- Pravasi Bharatiya Divas (PBD) Conference 2016, an annual gathering of overseas Indians has been hosted by which of the following ?
Answer – C.Delhi
Explanation – Pravasi Bharatiya Divas (PBD) Conference 2016 that is an annual gathering of overseas Indians held at the Pravasi Bharatiya Kendra in Delhi to bring together Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) and Persons of Indian origin (PIOs) and help shape stronger links between them and India.
- Airbus has appointed which of the following as its Vice-President of Industry Development, Strategic Partnerships and Offsets ?
Answer – C.Ashish Saraf
Explanation – European aircraft maker Airbus Group designated Ashish Saraf as its Vice-President of Industry Development, Strategic Partnerships and Offsets. He wiil look over the Group’s existing Make in India initiatives.
- To reduce the number of road fatalities and to fix 726 black spots, road ministry has announced how much of corpus ?
A.Rs 12,000 crore
B.Rs 11,000 crore
C.Rs 10,000 crore
D.Rs 16,000 crore
Answer – B.Rs 11,000 crore
Explanation – Nitin Gadkari-led Road Ministry announced Rs 11,000 crore for a plan to reduce the number of road fatalities and to fix 726 black spots on which people have lost their lives across the country where frequent accidents occur due to road engineering faults.
- Bull taming sport “Jallikattu” is related to which of the following state ?
Answer – C.Tamil Nadu
Explanation – Jallikattu is also known as Eruthazhuvuthal, is a bull taming sport played in Tamil Nadu as a part of Pongal celebrations on Mattu Pongal day.
- Reliance Defence Ltd has signed an MOU with which of the following state to set up naval facility with an initial investment of Rs.5,000 crore ?
Answer – D.Andhra Pradesh
Explanation – Reliance Defence Ltd has signed an MOU with Andhra Pradesh government to set up a naval facility along the country’s eastern coast with an initial investment of Rs.5,000 crore. It will be located 70 km south of Visakhapatnam in Andhra Pradesh.
- Recently cabinet has approved Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana. It will charge how much of the sum insured from farmers for all kharif crops ?
Answer – D.2%
Explanation – Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (Prime Minister’s Crop Insurance Scheme), it will charge a uniform premium 2% of the sum insured from farmers for all kharif crops and 1.5% for rabi crops. For horticulture crops, the annual premium will be 5% of the sum insured.
- US has signed its 14th Joint Action Plan (JAP) with which nation to improve efforts against nuclear and radiological smuggling ?
Answer – B.Jordan
Explanation – United States and Jordan signed a Joint Action Plan (JAP) to improve efforts against nuclear and radiological smuggling. The partnership will help in enhancing the efforts to combat nuclear terrorism.
- Folk dance “Nati” is related to which Indian state ?
Answer – D.Himachal Pradesh
Explanation – The colourful Kullu (town in Himachal Pradesh) folk dance “Nati” which saw participation of 20,000 dancers during Kullu Dussehra festival on October 26 2015 has entered the Guinness book of world records.
- Private equity investor the Abraaj Group has acquired how much stake in CARE Hospitals ?
Answer – D.72%
Explanation – Private equity investor the Abraaj Group is set to acquire a majority stake in Quality CARE India Ltd, the entity behind Care Hospitals, from PE firm Advent International. The Group will pick up the 72% held by Advent.
- Which of the following has been named as the Denmark’s sportsperson of 2015 ?
C.Rene Holten Poulsen
Answer – C.Rene Holten Poulsen
Explanation – The Sports Confederation of Denmark and Danish Jyllands-Posten newspaper voted Rene Holten Poulsen the prize, which is known as Sports Name of the Year and is among the country’s top sports prizes.