Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs January 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Digital payments firm PayPal has tied up with which ecommerce platform solutions provider to enable its merchants to expand their sales globally ?
Answer – C.Shopmatic
Explanation – Digital payments firm PayPal tied up with ecommerce platform solutions provider Shopmatic to enable its merchants to expand their sales globally. This is PayPal’s first tie-up with an Indian partner.
- India has signed agreement with which country that enable people of both nations to avail retirement benefits in each other’s country to boost bilateral business linkages ?
Answer – C.Australia
Explanation – Social security agreement signed between India and Australia came into effect enabling people of both nations to avail retirement benefits in each other’s country to boost bilateral business linkages.
- With an introduction of bilingual textbook, “Towards a World of Equals”, which state become the first in country to make gender education compulsory ?
Answer – C.Telangana
Explanation – With an introduction of bilingual textbook, “Towards a World of Equals” in engineering colleges affiliated to the Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University (JNTU-Hyderabad), Telangana has become the introductory state in the country to make gender education compulsory at the graduate level.
- Recently BHEL has commissioned 520MW coal-based thermal power unit in which Indian state ?
Answer – C.Andhra Pradesh
Explanation – Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd has commissioned a 520MW coal-based thermal power unit in Andhra Pradesh. Four 500 mw thermal sets supplied and executed by BHEL are in successful operation at Simhadri Super Thermal Power Station of NTPC.
- Which state has become the first state in the country to achieve the status of 100% primary education ?
Answer – D.Kerala
Explanation – Kerala has become the first state in the country to achieve the status of 100% primary education. This feat has been achieved on the sidelines of state’s literacy mission “Athulyam Aksharotsavam”.
- ICC has announced an eight-year deal with which of the following as an event partner for ICC occasions from 2016-2023 ?
Answer – B.MoneyGram
Explanation – ICC and MoneyGram International announced an eight-year deal which confirms MoneyGram as an event partner for ICC occasions from 2016-2023.
- Scientists at CIRB Hisar becomes second institute to clone buffalo in India. What is the name given to this clone buffallo ?
Answer – B.Cirb Gaurav
Explanation – Scientists at Central Institute for Research on Buffaloes (CIRB) in Hisar have successfully produced a cloned buffalo offspring “Cirb Gaurav”. It has been produced under the project entitled “Cloning for conservation and multiplication of superior buffalo germplasm”.
- Which of the following footballer has been conferred with the FIFA Ballon d’Or award for the world player of the year ?
Answer – D.Lionel Messi
Explanation – Argentina’s professional footballer Lionel Messi has been conferred with the FIFA Ballon d’Or award for the world player of the year beating his greatest rivals Cristiano Ronaldo and Neymar. He has scooped the prestigious prize for a fifth time.
- The 20th National Youth Festival has been commenced in which Indian state ?
Answer – D.Chhattisgarh
Explanation – The 20th National Youth Festival has commenced in capital city of Chhattisgarh, Naya Raipur with theme “India Youth for Skill, Development and Harmony”.
- Which of the following bank is set to raise Rs 1,100 crore from bonds ?
Answer – B.Indian Bank
Explanation – Chennai headquartered Indian Bank plans to raise Rs 1,100 crore from bonds to fund business growth.The bank plans to raise Basel III compliant Tier II Bonds for Rs 1,100 crore in one or more tranches in the current or subsequent years based on the requirement, Indian Bank said in a regulatory filing.
- Recently, which of the following bank has paid Rs 95 cr as interest on Basel-III bonds ?
A.Bank of Baroda
C.Union Bank of India
Answer – A.Bank of Baroda
Explanation – Mumbai headquartered Bank of Baroda has timely paid over Rs 95 crore as interest to the beneficiaries of its additional tier-I Basel-III compliant bonds issue of Rs 1,000 crore. Interest was paid at 48%, including two days of additional interest.
- “One Loan Two Homes” has been launched by which online marketplace to help the flood-affected citizens of Chennai ?
Answer – C.Bank Bazaar
Explanation – An online marketplace BankBazaar.com has launched a new “One Loan Two Homes” programme to help the flood-affected citizens of Chennai. As a part of scheme, Rs 1000 to Habitat for Humanity India on every home loan disbursed between 1 January to 31 March.
- In the latest tennis WTA rankings, which of the following has topped the women’s double chart with 11395 points ?
Answer – C.Sania Mirza
Explanation – In the latest tennis WTA rankings, Sania Mirza continues to top the women’s double chart with 11395 points while her partner Martina Hingis of Switzerland maintained her second spot with 11355 points.
- The new IPL franchise, Pune has appointed which of the following as their coach for the upcoming edition ?
Answer – C.Stephen Fleming
Explanation – The new IPL franchise, Pune appointed Stephen Fleming as their coach for the upcoming edition.
- National Youth Day observes on which of the following date ?
Answer – D.January 12
Explanation – National Youth Day (Yuva Diwas or Swami Vivekananda Birthday) is celebrated with the great joy and enthusiasm in India every year on 12th of January to commemorate the birthday of Swami Vivekananda, maker of the modern India.