Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs January 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
Click Here to Read Current Affairs January 11 2016
- Maria Teresa de Filippis, who has been recently passed away was related to which of the following fields ?
D.F1 DriverAnswer – D.F1 Driver
Explanation – Maria Teresa de Filippis, the first woman to race in a Formula 1 grand prix has died at the age of 89. The Italian started three grand prix for the Maserati team in 1958 with a best finish of 10th at Spa in Belgium.
- Which of the following has been confererd with “Best Actress in a Miniseries” during 73rd Golden Globe Awards 2016 ?
D.Rachel BloomAnswer – C.Lady Gaga
Explanation – Lady Gaga has been bestowed with Best Actress in a Miniseries in the 73rd Golden Globe Awards held at Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, California honoring best in film and American television of 2015.
- Which of the following has been designated the chief executive officer (CEO) of ecommerce giant flipkart ?
D.Sachin BansalAnswer – B.Binny Bansal
Explanation – India’s largest e-commerce platform Flipkart.com named co-founders Binny Bansal as its new chief executive officer (CEO). He will succeed Sachin Bansal.
- Which of the following Indian International Airport has achieved the fifth rank in terms of customer satisfaction with overall rating of 4.75 on a five point scale ?
A.Kempegowda International Airport
B.Gaya International Airport
C.Swami Vivekananda Airport
D.Mangaluru International AirportAnswer – D.Mangaluru International Airport
Explanation – Mangaluru International Airport (MIA) has achieved the fifth rank in terms of customer satisfaction and handling among the 53 two-tier airports in the country. The rank was based on the customer satisfaction survey conducted during July to December period 2015.
- Under which of the following scheme, Union Health and Family Ministry is set to add four new vaccines ?
A.National Child Labour Projects
B.Antyodaya Anna Yojna
C.Janani Suraksha Yojana
D.Mission IndradhanushAnswer – D.Mission Indradhanush
Explanation – Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare, Jagat Prakash Nadda has announced that a set of four new vaccines will be added soon under “Mission Indradhanush”. As a part of India’s newborn action plan, inactivated polio vaccine, adult Japanese Encephalitis vaccine, Rotavirus vaccine and Measles Rubella vaccine will be added.
- Researchers at a university in Britain have developed viruses that could save which silk producing caterpillar in India ?
D.Bombyx moriAnswer – C.Muga
Explanation – Researchers at a university in Britain have developed viruses that could halt the decline of “Muga” caterpillar in India which produces one of the finest silks in the world.Muga caterpillars produce a highly valuable silk are dying from bacterial infections in Assam.
- Which of the following has been elected as the new Prime Minister of Burkina Faso ?
C.Roch Marc Kabore
D.Paul Kaba ThiebaAnswer – D.Paul Kaba Thieba
Explanation – Economist Paul Kaba Thieba was named as the Prime Minister of Burkina Faso by the President Roch Marc Christian Kabore. 56-year-old Thieba has worked for many years with as an economist for the West African central bank.
- Which country has presented its plan for a new constitution aimed at devolving power and preventing the sort of ethnic tensions ?
D.BangaldeshAnswer – B.Sri Lanka
Explanation – Sri Lanka’s new government presented its plan for a new constitution aimed at devolving power and preventing the sort of ethnic tensions that led to a long and bitter civil war that ended in 2009.
- Otis Clay, who has been recently passed away was related to which of the following field ?
D.AuthorAnswer – C.Singer
Explanation – The one-time Grammy nominee, inducted into the Blues Hall of Fame in 2013 died of a heart attack. He was 73. Rhythm and blues artist Otis Clay, a Blues Hall of Fame musician who also was a community activist on Chicago’s west Side.
- Which of the following has bagged the second Women’s Tennis Rankings (WTA) title in Auckland ?
D.Ana IvanovicAnswer – B.Sloane Stephens
Explanation – Sloane Stephens has claimed her second WTA title after winning two matches in a day to triumph at the ASB Classic in Auckland. The 22-year-old defeated Julia Goerges by 7-5 6-2 in the final.
- Micromax has appointed which of the following as its new senior vice president for finance ?
D.Sumeet KumarAnswer – B.Vikas Thapar
Explanation – Micromax has appointed VikasThapar as its new senior vice president for finance. He will be responsible for building the company’s asset and revenue base while leading external relationship developments.
- Which of the following has been conferred with Cecil B. DeMille award at the 2016 Golden Globes ?
B.Gael Garcia Bernal
D.Denzel WashingtonAnswer – D.Denzel Washington
Explanation – Denzel Washington(New York,US)received Cecil B. DeMille award at the 2016 Golden Globes. He is an American actor and filmmaker. He was conferred with even Golden Globe Award nominations and two wins.
- RINL Inks MoU with state Govt for facilitating Investments in the State RINL to Make an Investment of around Rs 38500 Crores ?
D.KarnatakaAnswer – C.Andhra Pradesh
Explanation – RINL, a corporate entity of Visakhapatnam Steel Plant inked an MoU with the Government of Andhra Pradesh during the 22nd CII Partnership Summit & 1st Sunrise AP Investment Meet” currently being held in Visakhapatnam.
- Which country has published new broadcast regulations to place strict limits on sexual content and ban preachers from soliciting money on air ?
D.BangladeshAnswer – B.Kenya
Explanation – Kenya has published new broadcast regulations to place strict limits on sexual content and ban preachers from soliciting money on air.
- Minister of Railways inaugurates Implementation of E-enabled Track Management System (TMS) & Mobile Application of TMS on Indian Railway and Track Inventory Management System in which railway zone ?
D.North-Eastern RailwayAnswer – B.Northern Railway
Explanation – Minister of Railways inaugurates Implementation of E-enabled Track Management System (TMS) & Mobile Application of TMS on Indian Railway and Track Inventory Management System on Northern Railway. It involves handling of volumes of data statistics as well as dynamic analysis of various measurement and defects and planning, deployment of large resources.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification