Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs January 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Governor’s rule was imposed in Jammu & Kashmir under which article of the Constitution of Jammu and Kashmir ?
A.Article 91 (1)
B.Article 92 (1)
C.Article 93 (1)
D.Article 96 (1)
Answer – B.Article 92 (1)
Explanation – Governor’s rule was imposed in Jammu & Kashmir following the death of Jammu & Kashmir Chief Minister Mufti Mohammad Sayeed, under Article 92 (1) of the Constitution of J&K.
- Recently “Laman Diva” has been selected as the logo of the first Make in India (MII) Week. Which state is hosting MII Week ?
Answer – D.Maharashtra
Explanation – Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis unveiled “Laman Diva” as the logo of the first Make in India (MII) Week scheduled to be held in Mumbai. It will feature an exhibition of most innovative products and manufacturing process in India. MII week will be jointly organized by the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion, Union ministry of commerce and industry, CII and Maharashtra government.
- Recently which country has been elected to the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) executive board ?
Answer – C.Nepal
Explanation – Nepal has been elected to the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) executive board, representing the group of Asia-Pacific countries for the term 2016-2018. Nepal’s ambassador and permanent representative to the UN Durga Prasad Bhattarai has also been elected as vice-president to the bureau of the executive board.
- Government has approved the set up of Greenfield electronics manufacturing cluster worth Rs.89 crore in which Indian state ?
Answer – C.Chattisgarh
Explanation – Government has approved the set up of fifth Greenfield electronics manufacturing cluster in Raipur, Chattisgarh worth Rs.89 crore and the central government will provide Rs.43.07 crore, for manufacturing mobile phones, solar LEDs and consumer electronics products.
- International kite festival has been commenced in which Indian city ?
Answer – D.Gujarat
Explanation – International Kite Festival began at Surat and Rajkot in Gujarat. Kite-flyers from 31 countries set to participate, which will travel across the state before concluding at the Sabaramati riverfront in Ahmedabad on January 14.
- Entrepreneur of the Year award has been conferred upon which of the following businessman ?
Answer – B.Kunal Bahl
Explanation – Co-founder and CEO of e-commerce giant Snapdeal Kunal Bahl has bagged the “Entrepreneur of the Year” Award, 2015 for his splendid business acumen. He Snapdeal in the year 2010 in partnership with his childhood friend Rohit Bansal.
- Which of the following has been conferred with Prime Minister’s Trophy for being the ‘Best Performing Integrated Steel Plant’ ?
Answer – D.Tata Steel
Explanation – Tata Steel Limited bagged eighth time Prime Minister’s Trophy for being the ‘Best Performing Integrated Steel Plant’ in the country for 2013 2014.
- Which of the following has been appointed as the Chief Operating Officer (COO) of Wipro ?
B.G. K. Prasanna
C.Bhanumurthy B. M.
Answer – C.Bhanumurthy B. M.
Explanation – Wipro has appointed Bhanumurthy B. M. as the President and Chief Operating Officer and also appointed another senior leader G. K. Prasanna as the head of Marketing, Innovations and Technology (MIT).
- Which of the following has been reappointed as RBI deputy governor for three more years ?
Answer – B.Urjit Patel
Explanation – Government has re-appointed Urjit Patel as the deputy governor of Reserve Bank of India for a three-year term. Patel is a doctorate from Yale University, also had a stint at IMF.
- Appointments Committee of Cabinet (ACC) has appointed which of the following as the Registrar General and Census Commissioner (RGCC) of India ?
A.Bhanumurthy B. M.
B.G. K. Prasanna
Answer – C.Sailesh
Explanation – Appointments Committee of Cabinet (ACC) has appointed Senior IAS officer Sailesh as Registrar General and Census Commissioner (RGCC) of India. He will succeed C Chandramouli.Sailesh is a 1985 batch IAS officer of Assam-Meghalaya cadre.
- Which of the following Indian-American professor has discovered a new method that may help in detecting dwarf galaxies ?
A.K. Mani Chandy
Answer – D.Sukanya Chakrabarti
Explanation – An international team of scientists led by an Indian-American professor Sukanya Chakrabarti has discovered a new method that may help in detecting dwarf galaxies dominated by dark matter and explain ripples in the outer disk of the galaxy.
- Qatar Open title has been bagged by which of the following ?
Answer – C.Novak Djokovic
Explanation – World No. 1 Novak Djokovic defeated his rival Rafael Nadal by 6-1, 6-2 to win the Qatar Open title. He captured his sixth consecutive ATP World Tour title and 60th overall at the tour level.
- Which of the following country has clinched the Hopman Cup 2016 ?
Answer – D.Australia
Explanation – Nick Kyrgios secured the Hopman Cup for Australia Green by beating Alexandr Dolgopolov 6-3 6-4 to give his team a 2-0 victory over Ukraine in Perth.
- Angus Scrimm, who has been recently passed away was related to which of the following field ?
Answer – B.Actor
Explanation – Angus Scrimm, the character actor who played the Tall Man in the 1979 horror movie “Phantasm” and its four sequels, died at the age of 89.
- World Hindi Day observes on which date ?
Answer – C.January 10
Explanation – World Hindi Day is celebrated on January 10 every year, marking the anniversary of first World Hindi Conference which was held in 1975. The first World Hindi Conference was inaugurated by then Prime Minister Indira Gandhi.