Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs February 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs February 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- Recently urban development ministry has given its stamp of approval to the Heritage development projects of the following states ?
A.Tamil Nadu & Telangana
B.Andhra Pradesh & Punjab
C.Maharashtra & Telangana
D.Andhra Pradesh & Telangana
Answer – D.Andhra Pradesh & Telangana
Explanation – In a bid to improve tourist infrastructure in heritage places of Amaravati in Andhra Pradesh and Warangal in Telangana, urban development ministry has given its stamp of approval to the projects worth of Rs. 12 crore.
- External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj was on two day visit to Sri Lanka. During her visit, India has signed MoU with Sri Lanka on which of the following sector ?
Answer – C.Health
Explanation – India and Sri Lanka has signed MoUs on education and health sectors.
Renovating 27 schools in the Tamil-dominated Northern Province and Building a surgical ward and supplying medical equipment to the Batticaloa Teaching Hospital in the East.
- The maiden Kerala Literature Festival was hosted in which of the following city ?
Answer – B.Kozhikode
Explanation – The maiden Kerala Literature Festival was hosted in Kozhikode, which was organized by the Department of Culture and Kozhikode Corporation in alliance with D.C. Books.
- Recently PM dedicated National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) to the nation. It is situated in which of the following state ?
Answer – D.Odisha
Explanation – National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) at Bhubaneswar, Odisha has been dedicated by PM Modi to the nation.
- Which of the following Indian Pharmaceutical company has initiated an EMI scheme which will help cancer patients in their continuation of the treatment ?
Answer – C.Glenmark
Explanation – In order to help the cancer patients, Glenmark Pharmaceuticals has initiated an EMI scheme which will help them in their continuation of the treatment and meet the high cost of medication.
- For the expansion of railway tracks which of the following state government formed a joint venture with Ministry of Railways ?
Answer – B.Chhattisgarh
Explanation – Chhattisgarh government is all set to form a joint venture company with the Ministry of Railways for the expansion of railway tracks in the state. State government will have 51% share and the Railways remaining 49% share.
- In a bid to make mutual fund (MF) account opening and transactions a paperless, which of the following services solutions provider launched Aadhaar-based eKYC ?
Answer – B.CAMS
Explanation – Computer Age Management Services (CAMS) has has launched Aadhaar-based eKYC (know your customer) using OTP (one-time password) authentication to make mutual fund (MF) account opening and transactions a paperless and presence less process through myCAMS at www.camsonline.com.
- Which of the following Indian has been appointed to serve as a panelist on a UN panel on women’s economic empowerment ?
Answer – D.Renana Jhabvala
Explanation – Padma Shri awardee Renana Jhabvala, an Ahmedabad-based social worker has been invited to serve as a panelist on a UN panel on women’s economic empowerment.
- During the IPL player’s auction which of the following Indian player was the costliest with a bid of Rs 7 crore ?
Answer – C.Yuvraj Singh
Explanation – Yuvraj Singh was the costliest buy among the Indians with a bid of Rs 7 crore during IPL player’s auction while Australia’s Shane Watson emerged as the biggest draw going for a whopping Rs 9.50 crore.
- Intellectual Property Appellate Board (IPAB) approved the geographical indication (GI) tag for which of the following variety of rice ?
Answer – C.Basmati
Explanation – The Intellectual Property Appellate Board (IPAB) has approved the geographical indication (GI) tag for Basmati rice as it is an iconic heritage of India.
- Union Health Ministry has launched Project Sunrise for prevention of AIDS by 2020. It will cover how many people living with AIDS ?
Answer – D.1 Lakh
Explanation – Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare J P Nadda has launched Project Sunrise on for prevention of AIDS specially among people injecting drugs in the 8 North-Eastern states. It will cover one lakh people living with HIV/AIDS by giving them treatment and care facilities free of cost.
- Which of the following state/UT’s institute has become the India’s first fully solar-powered educational institute ?
Answer – B.Puducherry
Explanation – The Sri Aurobindo International Centre for Education (SAICE) in Puducherry has become India’s first educational institute that is fully solar-powered. The institute generates electricity three times its consumption.
- In order to abolish old laws relating land revenue and land reforms which of the following state govt launched a new revenue code ?
Answer – C.Uttar Pradesh
Explanation – A new revenue code for Uttar Pradesh was launched , aimed at abolishing old laws relating land revenue and land reforms and greater dispute resolution..
- Recently, Indian Navy conducted an International Fleet Review (IFR) at Visakhapatnam. Which of the following was the Mascot for IFR 2016 ?
Answer – D.Dolphin
Explanation – The Indian Navy conducted an International Fleet Review (IFR) at Visakhapatnam.
IFR 2016 Mascot – Dolphin
IFR 2016 Theme Song – United through Oceans
During the IFR 2016, Indian Navy showcased its bio diesel powered fast attack craft. It was developed by the lab from the Jatropha Curacas plant.
- As per the latest data compiled by the Corporate Affairs Ministry, India has total of how many registered companies ?
Answer – B.15 lakh
Explanation – As per the latest data compiled by the Corporate Affairs Ministry, India has more than 15 lakh registered companies but only 10.7 lakh of them were active at the end of 2015.