Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs February 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs February 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- Recently Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) completed 10 lakh enrolments. Which of the following state is not covererd under the maximum enrolment of the scheme ?
D.Uttar PradeshAnswer – C.Himachal Pradesh
Explanation – The front runner programme of Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) has completed 10 lakh enrolments. States with maximum enrolment under scheme – Uttar Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Madhya Pradesh, West Bengal and Andhra Pradesh.
- Hamid Ansari has concluded his 5 days two-nation tour to Thailand and Brunei. During his visit he had signed how many agreements with Brunei ?
D.3Answer – D.3
Explanation – On the invitation of Crown Prince Haji Al-Muhtadee Billah, he visited Brunei for three days. There he inked 3 agreements on Defence Cooperation, Health cooperation and on Youth affairs & sports cooperation.
- IIFL Wealth Mumbai International Open Chess tournament title has been clinched by which of the following ?
B.Stany G A
D.Swapnil DhopadeAnswer – D.Swapnil Dhopade
Explanation – Rs. 7.5 lakh IIFL Wealth Mumbai International Open Chess tournament title has been clinched by Grandmaster Swapnil S Dhopade of Maharashtra which was held in Mumbai.
- As per the recent UNICEF report, which country is having the highest prevalence of Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) ?
D.DjiboutiAnswer – B.Somalia
Explanation – In accordance with the UNICEF report, highest prevalence of FGM again sat on to Somalia (98%), Guinea (97%) and Djibouti (93%) but the overall rate has been trimmed in 30 countries.
- Recently which of the following company has received the stamp of approval from SEBI for MF business ?
D.MahindraAnswer – D.Mahindra
Explanation – Mahindra Asset Management Company has received a stamp of approval from SEBI to initiate its mutual fund business. This newly formed MF business will focus on investors in semi-urban and rural markets.
- As per the recent RBI survey, the real Gross Value Added at basic price (GVA) is projected at what % in 2016-17 ?
D.7.9%Answer – C.7.8%
Explanation – As per the recent RBI survey, the real Gross Value Added at basic price (GVA) is expected to increase to 7.8% in the next fiscal (2016-17) from 7.4% expected in 2015-16.
- Singapore Airlines has designated which of the following as the General Manager India ?
D.David LauAnswer – B.David Lim
Explanation – Singapore Airlines has designated David Lim as the General Manager India w.e.f. April 3, 2016. He will succeed David Lau.
- Indian Tea Association has appointed which of the following as its Chairman ?
D.Ashok BhargavaAnswer – D.Ashok Bhargava
Explanation – Tea Association’s national committee has re-elected Ashok Kumar Bhargava, Azam Monem and Vivek Goenka as chairman, vice-chairman and additional vice-chairman respectively of the association.
- In a bid to to exploit the potential of National Career Service (NCS) project, Union Labour Ministry has inked how many agreements with leading organizations engaged in employment ?
D.10Answer – C.8
Explanation – In a bid to exploit the potential of National Career Service (NCS) project, Union Labour Ministry has inked 8 agreements with leading organizations engaged in employment and career related activities.
- Sudhir Tailang, who has been recently passed away was related to which of the field ?
D.MusicianAnswer – B.Cartoonist
Explanation – Padma Shri awardee, eminent cartoonist Sudhir Tailang passed away due to brain tumour. He was 55.He was suffering from GBM-4 stage brain tumour and had undergone two surgeries and chemotherapy during the course of his treatment over two years.
- To fast track building of highways, the government has approved how much worth for 9 states ?
D.Rs 17,000-croreAnswer – D.Rs 17,000-crore
Explanation – To fast track building of highways, the government has approved Rs 17,000-crore highways projects for 9 states which will worked under the National Highways Development Project (NHDP).
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (Bhel) is all set to instigate 500 MW Kosti thermal power plant in which of the following country ?
D.SwedenAnswer – C.Sudan
Explanation – Power equipment maker Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (Bhel) announced the inauguration of 500 Mw Kosti thermal power plant in Kosti, Sundan. It will comprise of 4 units of 125 Mw capacity each.
- Union Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare has announced to set up National Organic Farming Research Institute in which of the following state ?
D.MeghalayaAnswer – B.Sikkim
Explanation – Union Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare has announced to instigate a National Organic Farming Research Institute in Sikkim. The institute will be established by upgrading the existing Regional Centre of the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) in Gangtok.
- Government has appointed which of the following as the next Ambassador of lndia to the Republic of Armenia ?
D.Yogeshwar SangwanAnswer – D.Yogeshwar Sangwan
Explanation – Government has appointed Yogeshwar Sangwan as the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Armenia. He is presently serving as the Deputy Chief of Mission in Tehran.
- International Day of Zero Tolerance to Female Genital Mutilation observes on which of the following date ?
D.February 3Answer – C.February 6
Explanation – To raise awareness about the female genital mutilation (FGM) and to promote its eradication, every year February 6 is celebrated as the International Day of Zero Tolerance to Female Genital Mutilation.