Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs February 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs February 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- Recently, India ratified Convention on Supplementary Compensation for Nuclear Damage (CSC). It was initiated in which of the following year ?
D.1997Answer – C.1977
Explanation – The Instrument of Ratification of the Convention on Supplementary Compensation for Nuclear Damage has been submitted by India to the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA). CSC for Nuclear Damage was established in 1977.
- What was the venue for Invest Karnataka 2016 ?
D.BengaluruAnswer – D.Bengaluru
Explanation – Invest Karnataka 2016, the first Global Investors Meet (GIM) was held from 3rd to 5th February 2016 with a theme “where the future is made” at Bengaluru.
- The EU has consented how much worth of succor for Turkey to cope with the issue of Syrian migrants ?
A.3.5 billion Euros
B.3.7 billion Euros
C.3.6 billion Euros
D.3.3 billion EurosAnswer – D.3.3 billion Euros
Explanation – The European Union has consented 3.3 billion Euros of succor for Turkey to cope with the issue of Syrian migrants. Under the deal, the EU’s executive is contributing one billion euros to the fund, while the 28 member states will contribute the rest.
- In a bid to strenghten the balance sheet of PSBs, our govt will inject how much worth of capital in the current fiscal ?
A.Rs. 1,000 crore
B.Rs. 6,000 crore
C.Rs. 5,000 crore
D.Rs. 4,000 croreAnswer – C.Rs. 5,000 crore
Explanation – In a bid to strenghten the balance sheet of PSBs, our govt is alll set to inject Rs. 5,000 crore of capital in the current fiscal. Funds would be infused after Parliament approves third Supplementary Demand for Grants in the upcoming Budget session.
- Which of the following company has announced to acquire Jasper Technologies for $1.4 billion in cash and equity awards ?
D.IntelAnswer – B.Cisco
Explanation – California headquartered Cisco Systems Inc has publicized to acquire Jasper Technologies that connect devices to internet for $1.4 billion in cash and equity awards.
- India Investment Summit 2016 was venued at which of the following place ?
D.New DelhiAnswer – D.New Delhi
Explanation – In a bid to succeed “Make in India” campaign, Ministry of Finance in partnership with SBI Caps is organized an India Investment Summit in New Delhi.
- IDFC Mutual Fund has designated which of the following as its head of equities ?
D.Gautam KajiAnswer – B.Anoop Bhaskar
Explanation – IDFC Mutual Fund has designated the Anoop Bhaskar as its head of equities. Prior to this appointment, he was the head of equities at UTI MF and is considered one of the finest fund managers.
- Recently, which of the following Indian state has lifted the restrictions on visit of foreign tourists to its tribal areas ?
D.AssamAnswer – C.Odisha
Explanation – After 3 years of ban, Odisha government has lifted the restrictions on visit of foreign tourists to certain tribal areas in the State, which was imposed due to the abduction of two Italian tourists in Kandhamal district by Maoists.
- 17th edition of Laureus World Sports Awards 2016 will be hosted by which of the following country ?
D.RussiaAnswer – B.Germany
Explanation – The 17th edition of Laureus World Sports Awards 2016 will be hosted by Berlin, Germany on April 18.
- Govenment of India has designated which of the following as the Secretary of the Drinking Water and Sanitation Department ?
D.Ram Kirpal YadavAnswer – C.Parameshwaran Iyer
Explanation – GOI has accredited World Bank’s water and sanitation specialist, Parameshwaran Iyer (56), as the new Secretary of the Drinking Water and Sanitation Department. He is appointed for a period of 2 years and will be responsible to to steer the Swachh Bharat Mission.
- Recently, Anil Ambani-led Reliance Infrastructure signed an agreement to sell its cement business wing to which of the following ?
D.Birla CorpAnswer – D.Birla Corp
Explanation – Anil Ambani-led Reliance Infrastructure inked a concord to sell its cement business wing Reliance Cement to Birla Corporation for Rs. 4,800 crore.
- International Cricket Council (ICC) has removed some nations from the permanent members of its decision-making executive committee. Which of the following is not included in those nations ?
D.IndiaAnswer – C.NewZealand
Explanation – The ICC has removed India, England and Australia as the permanent members of its decision-making executive committee as ICC received widespread criticism suggesting that these countries would take over cricket at the expense of other member nations.
- India confirmed its participation in the amphibious military exercise “Cobra Gold”. The exercise will held in which of the following country ?
D.BangladeshAnswer – B.Thailand
Explanation – India confirmed its participation in the annual amphibious military exercise dubbed “Cobra Gold” in 2016. Cobra Gold is an Asia-Pacific multilateral amphibious military exercise held every year in Thailand.
- Recently, which of the following Indian Ministry has launched its official YouTube channel ?
A.Urban Development Ministry
D.Finance MinistryAnswer – D.Finance Ministry
Explanation – Finance Minister Arun Jaitley launched the official YouTube channel for the Ministry of finance. The channel will be launched before the start of the Budget session.
- Which of the following has been appointed as the commander of the NATO forces in Afghanistan ?
D.John NicholsonAnswer – D.John Nicholson
Explanation – Army Lieutenant General John Nicholson has been designated as the commander of the NATO forces in Afghanistan. He will succeed US General John Campbell.