Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs February 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs February 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- Government has appointed which of the following as the head of Indian Cost Accounts Service (ICoAS) ?
D.Pankaj GuptaAnswer – C.Aruna Sethi
Explanation – Government has designated Aruna Sethi as the head of Indian Cost Accounts Service (ICoAS), becoming the first lady ICoAS officer to achieve this mark.
- Golden Conch Award for the best documentary has been conferred upon which of the following film at 14th MIFF ?
D.Phum ShangAnswer – D.Phum Shang
Explanation – Golden Conch Award for the best documentary has been conferred upon Manipuri documentary film “Phum Shang” at 14th Mumbai International Film Festival (MIFF).
- Which of the following has been designated as the next High Commissioner of India to Saint Lucia ?
D.Rahul ChhabraAnswer – C.Satender Kumar
Explanation – Satender Kumar has been concurrently accredited as the next High Commissioner of India to Saint Lucia with residence in Paramaribo.
- As per the “Brand Finance” latest Brand Strength Index, which of the following IT company has emerged as the world’s most powerful IT services brand ?
D.WiproAnswer – B.TCS
Explanation – The world’s leading brand valuation firm “Brand Finance” has rated India’s tech giant Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) as the world’s most powerful IT services brand its Brand Strength Index. The valuation firm has presented TCS with AA+ rating with a total score of 78.3.
- What was the theme for World Cancer day 2016 ?
A.Together it is possible
B.Debunk the Myths
C.We can. I can.
D.Not beyond usAnswer – C.We can. I can.
Explanation – To raise awareness of cancer and to encourage its prevention, detection and treatment, February 4 is marked as the World Cancer Day. World Cancer Day Theme 2016-18: We can. I can.
- Third edition of Global Ayurveda Festival was hosted by which of the following Indian state ?
D.KeralaAnswer – D.Kerala
Explanation – The 3rd edition of Global Ayurveda Festival was hosted in Kerala with an of galvanizing Ayurvedic sector to aspire, plan and achieve greater heights.
- As per the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, a daily ranking of the world’s 400 richest people, Mark Zuckerberg ranked at which of the following position ?
D.5thAnswer – B.4th
Explanation – As per the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, a daily ranking of the world’s 400 richest people, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg outpassed Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos to become the world’s fourth-richest person.
- As per the “Think India. Think Retail. 2016” report, which of the following city has the highest potential for modern retail in India ?
D.NCRAnswer – B.Mumbai
Explanation – In accordance with the Knight Frank & Retailers Association of India “Think India. Think Retail. 2016” report, Mumbai Metropolitan Metro has the highest potential for modern retail in the country at Rs 1.05 lakh crore.
- Chinese technology company ZTE has inked a pact with which of the following Indian state to work on smart city projects ?
D.Andhra PradeshAnswer – D.Andhra Pradesh
Explanation – Chinese technology company ZTE has inked a pact with the Andhra Pradesh government to work on smart city projects in the state.
- To enhance commercial and cultural ties, which of the following Indian has signed a pact with Ontario in Canada ?
D.GujaratAnswer – B.Haryana
Explanation – Haryana and Ontario in Canada had signed a Pact. It was aimed to enhance commercial and cultural ties. This pack will help to facilitate knowledge transfer in areas like museum development and cultural preservation.
- Which of the following Indian state had announced the Babasaheb Ambedkar Special group Incentive Scheme ?
D.RajasthanAnswer – C.Maharashtra
Explanation – Maharashtra State Cabinet had announced the Babasaheb Ambedkar Special group Incentive Scheme for the economically backward Dalit entrepreneurs.
- Counter-Terrorism Conference 2016 held at which of the following place ?
D.JaipurAnswer – D.Jaipur
Explanation – President Pranab Mukherjee inaugurated the Counter-Terrorism Conference 2016 at Jaipur. Counter terrorism is considered to be about tactics, weapons, force levels and intelligence gathering.
- India has inked pact for visa-free travel by envoys with which of the following country ?
D.KazakhstanAnswer – B.Afghanistan
Explanation – India and Afghanistan inked a pact for visa-free travel for diplomatic passport holders of the two countries.
- World Cancer Day observes on which of the following date ?
D.February 3Answer – C.February 4
Explanation – To raise awareness of cancer and to encourage its prevention, detection and treatment, February 4 is marked as the World Cancer Day.
- As per the latest BWF rankings, K Srikanth ranked at which position ?
D.12Answer – C.9
Explanation – As per the latest BWF rankings, Syed Modi Grand Prix Gold men’s title winner K Srikanth sat again on World No. 9 while P V Sindhu dropped a place to be No. 12.