Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs January 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs February 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- Recently govt has announced that National Pension System (NPS) had 11,459,555 subscribers. Which of the following sector has maximum NPS subscribers ?
D.Unorganized SectorAnswer – B.State Governments
Explanation – As of 23rd January, 2016 National Pension System (NPS) had 11,459,555 subscribers with a total corpus of Rs. 90, 327 crore. The number of NPS Subscribers of the Central Government are 1611,020 with a total corpus of Rs. 34,754 crore while State Governments have 2,859,094 subscribers with a total corpus of Rs. 45,486 crore.
- As per the performance management company Nielsen, which of the following country has topped its global confidence index ?
D.IndiaAnswer – D.India
Explanation – As per the performance management company Nielsen’s global confidence index, India sat down again as topper with 131 points in respect to job prospects, personal finances and immediate spending intentions in the fourth quarter of 2015.
- Which of the following Reserve Bank of India’s Deputy Governor known as “Inflation Hawk” ?
A.G P Muniappan
B.Y V Reddy
C.S S Tarapore
D.K J UdeshiAnswer – C.S S Tarapore
Explanation – Known as “Inflation Hawk”, S.S. Tarapore, an economist and former Central Bank Deputy Governor passed at the age of 80. From 1992-1996, he served RBI as its deputy Governor when C. Rangarajan was the governor.
- India’s first underwater resturant has been launched in which of the following city ?
D.HyderabadAnswer – B.Ahmedabad
Explanation – “Real Poseidon”, India’s first underwater restaurant initiated in Ahmedabad which has been created 20 feet below ground level. It has been owned by Ahmedabad-based businessman, Bharat Bhatt.
- Which of the following software giant is all set to build the world’s tallest free-standing clock tower ?
D.InfosysAnswer – D.Infosys
Explanation – Tech giant Infosys is all set to build the world’s tallest free-standing clock tower at its 345-acre global education centre in Mysuru.
- Which of the following country has initiated the world’s longest three-rope cable car system with a total length of 6,292.5 metres ?
D.MalaysiaAnswer – C.Vietnam
Explanation – Vietnam initiated the world’s longest three-rope cable car system with a total length of 6,292.5 metres in the Northern Province of Lao Cai. It has set 2 world records, world’s longest three-rope cable car route and also the world’s biggest height gap between its departure and arrival stations.
- Coal India Ltd has designated which of the following as its Director (Marketing) ?
A.A K Dubey
B.R Mohan Das
C.B K Saxena
D.S N PrasadAnswer – D.S N Prasad
Explanation – S N Prasad has been designated as the Director (Marketing), Coal India Ltd. He will succeed B K Saxena.
- Which of the following University has been conferred with first-ever chancellor’s award with a prize money of Rs 5 crore ?
D.Delhi UniversityAnswer – B.Kerala University
Explanation – State’s oldest University, Kerala University has been conferred with first-ever chancellor’s award with a prize money of Rs 5 crore. The prize include includes a citation and a gold plated rolling trophy.
- Which of the following veteran actor has been conferred with lifetime achievement award at NDTV Indian of the Year Awards ?
D.Anupam KherAnswer – C.Amitabh Bachchan
Explanation – Legendary Amitabh Bachchan (73) was presented with the lifetime achievement award at NDTV Indian of the Year Awards.
- Recently, cabinet has allowed the Railways to form Joint Venture companies with state governments. What is the initial paid up capital for railways ?
A.Rs 100 crore
B.Rs 35 crore
C.Rs 40 crore
D.Rs 50 croreAnswer – D.Rs 50 crore
Explanation – To ensure greater participation of states, Union Cabinet has given its stamp of approval by allowing the Railways to form Joint Venture companies with state governments to mobilize resources for speedy implementation of rail projects.
- National Investment and Infrastructure fund (NIIF) has signed MoU with which of the following country to set-up High Technology Private Equity Fund ?
D.CanadaAnswer – B.Russia
Explanation – National Investment and Infrastructure fund (NIIF) the India’s maiden sovereign wealth signed MoU with Russia’s Rusnano OJSC to set up high technology private Equity fund in India.
- Which of the following bank is using its ATM network to sell loans to non-customers ?
D.ICICIAnswer – C.HDFC
Explanation – HDFC bank is using its ATM network to clutch new customers by extending its branch services through ATMs.It is providing every kind of loans excluding home loans only.
- Which of the following tech company has become the world’s most valuable company ?
D.AlphabetAnswer – D.Alphabet
Explanation – Alphabet Inc. becomes the world’s most valuable company after overtaking the Apple. Alphabet’s market capitalization becomes $531 billion after its share has been rose by 1.7%. Five of the most valuable companies in the world are – Alphabet, Apple, Microsoft Corp., Facebook Inc. and Amazon.com Inc.
- Best First Foreign Film Award has been conferred upon which of the following bollywood movie at French Syndicate of Cinema Critics 2016 (FSCC) ?
D.MassanAnswer – C.Titli
Explanation – Famous Indian filmmaker Kanu Behl has won the Best First Foreign Film Award conferred by the French Syndicate of Cinema Critics 2016 (FSCC) for his directorial film “Titli”.
- Recently Rajkot franchise has been named as “the Gujarat Lions”. It will be led by which of the following cricketer ?
D.MS DhoniAnswer – B.Suresh Raina
Explanation – Rajkot franchise has been named as “the Gujarat Lions” after an online survey. The Gujarat Lions will be led by Suresh Raina.