Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs February 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs February 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- President Pranab Mukherjee has inaugurated the India’s first IT Park in which of the following state ?
Answer – C.Kerala
Explanation – President Pranab Mukherjee inaugurated UL Cyber Park under the Uralungal Labour Contract Cooperative Society in Kozhikode, Kerala.
- Recently, Madhya Pradesh presented the State budget for 2016-17. What is the budget estimate of state ?
A.2.56 lakh crores
B.2.58 lakh crores
C.1.56 lakh crores
D.1.58 lakh crores
Answer – D.1.58 lakh crores
Explanation – Finance minister Jayant Malaiya proposed the Madhya Pradesh state budget in legislative assembly in Bhopal. The budget estimates for 1.58 lakh crores.
- BRICS Bank (NDB), which is likely to begin its operations in 2 months will provide its first loan to which country on Solar project ?
Answer – D.India
Explanation – The NDB which is likely to begin its operations in 2 months has decided to fund for green projects initially, with India and China in the priority list. India is likely to receive loan for its solar project in April from the NDB.
- Which of the following state government imposed a ban on the sale of Army uniform in the state ?
Answer – B.Punjab
Explanation – On the sidelines of Pathankot and Gurdaspur attacks, Punjab government imposed a ban on the sale of Army uniform in the state without proper identification.
- India has set up bilateral mechanism for sharing information for tracking movements of satellites with which of the following country ?
Answer – C.United States
Explanation – India and United States of America has set up bilateral mechanism for sharing information for tracking movements of satellites, avoiding collisions and identifying potential threads to space and ground assets.
- During the 88th Academy Awards, which of the following movie clinched the maximum awards ?
A.A Girl In the River
C.The Hateful Eight
D.Mad Max: Fury Road
Answer – D.Mad Max: Fury Road
Explanation – The 88th Academy Awards ceremony was held at Dolby Theatre in Hollywood, Los Angeles. It was presented by Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (AMPAS) in 24 categories. Mad Max: Fury Road made a big win by bagging 6 awards.
- In accordance with the report released by the Swiss customs officials, from which country Swiss is getting maximum number of illicit medicines ?
Answer – C.India
Explanation – A recent report released by the Swiss customs officials told that 42% of the illicit medicines supplied to Swiss are from India.
- Which of the following pharamceutical company gets US FDA nod for ritonavir tablets used for treatment of HIV infection ?
Answer – B.Aurobindo
Explanation – Hyderabad based Aurobindo Pharmacy Company gets US FDA nod for ritonavir tablets used for treatment of Human Immunodeficiency virus(HIV) infection.
- Which of the following became the first Asian to win the US’s Global reel award ?
Answer – C.Resul pookutty
Explanation – The 44 year old Oscar winner Resul pookutty made India proud by adding one more laurel of winning the Global Reel Award for his sound design work in the film “India’s Daughter”.
- Nihal Ahmed Maulavi Mohammed Usman, who has been recently passed away was the former minister of which indian state ?
Answer – D.Maharashtra
Explanation – Former minister of Maharashtra and Socialist leader Nihal Ahmed Maulavi Mohammed Usman died at the age of 90 in Nashik.
- Which of the following has been elected as the president of Biju Janata Dhal (BJD) ?
Answer – B.Naveen Patnaik
Explanation – Odisha CM, Naveen patnaik has been elected as the President of Biju Janata Dhal for the seventh consecutive time.
- International Association of Athletics Federations Athletes Commission has designated which of the following as its Chairman ?
Answer – C.Rozle Prezelj
Explantion – Rozle Prezelj was elected as the new chairman of the International Association of Athletics Federations Athletes Commission. He will replace Nambian Frank Fredericks.
- Which of the following social networking launches Position of Strength Campaign to Empower Women ?
Answer – C.Twitter
Explantion – Twitter has launched a campaign for women called #position of strength to strengthen women’s role in the society also to eliminate discrimination against them.
- Debt- laden Jayaprakash Associates Cement group signed a binding agreement to sell its Cement Business to which Indian Cement maker company ?
D.Ultra Tech Cement
Answer – D.Ultra Tech Cement
Explantion – Debt – laden Jayaprakash Associates Cementgroup signed a binding agreement to sell its Cement Business to India’s Largest Cement maker Ultra Tech Cement.
- Rajesh Pillai, who has been recently passed away was related to which of the following field ?
Answer – B.Director
Explantion – The famous Malayalam director Rajesh Pillai died at the age of 41 in hospital following treatment for Liver Cirrhosis.