Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs February 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs February 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
Click Here to Read Current Affairs February 28 2016
- Indian express ranked which of the following at the top in the 100 most powerful Indians 2016 list ?
D.Narendra ModiAnswer – D.Narendra Modi
Explanation – Indian Express listed PM Narendra Modi as the lead of 100 most powerful Indians 2016. Modi’s PMO is said to be the most powerful since Indira Gandhi’s. He has a say on everything from the private secretaries his ministers can appoint to the size of India’s Asian Games contingent.
- National Science Day observes on which on the following date ?
D.February 27Answer – C.February 28
Explanation – National Science Day is celebrated in India on 28 February each year to mark the discovery of the Raman effect by Indian physicist Sir Chandrasekhara Venkata Raman on 28 February 1928. This year it was observed with a theme “Make in India, science and technology driven innovations”.
- CSIR-National Chemical Laboratory, Pune has designated which of the following as its Director ?
D.Roger JardineAnswer – B.Ashwini Nangia
Explanation – Ashwini Nangia from the University of Hyderabad (UoH) has been appointed as the Director of the CSIR-National Chemical Laboratory, Pune.
- Centre has concurrently accredited which of the following as the next Ambassador of lndia to the Republic of Haiti ?
D.Tsewang NamgyalAnswer – D.Tsewang Namgyal
Explanation – Tsewang Namgyal has been concurrently designated as the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Haiti with residence in Havana. Presently he is serving as the mbassador of India to the Republic of Cuba.
- US health regulator has tentative approved which of the following drug firm’s Ritonavir tablets used for treatment of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection ?
A.Dr Reddys Labs
D.Cadila HealthAnswer – C.Aurobindo Pharma
Explanation – Drug firm Aurobindo Pharma has received tentative approval from the US health regulator for its Ritonavir tablets used for treatment of human immunodeficiency virus infection.
- Which of the following Indian Digital Network announced a strategic partnership with Investopedia.com ?
D.DigicableAnswer – B.Times
Explanation – Times Internet, the largest Indian Digital Network announced a strategic partnership with Investopedia.com, one of the web’s premier destinations for financial information. Through this partnership, they will collaborate to create a local and international content, knowledge events and seminars to grow the brand amongst the audience in India.
- Which of the following bank has received market regulator SEBI’s approval to raise ₹3,771 crore by issuing shares to qualified institutional players ?
D.IDBIAnswer – D.IDBI
Explanation – In a move to dilute the government’s holding significantly, IDBI Bank has received market regulator SEBI’s approval to raise ₹3,771 crore by issuing shares to qualified institutional players.
- Centre has concurrently accredited which of the following as the next Ambassador of lndia to the lslamic Republic of Mauritania ?
D.Ajay Kumar SharmaAnswer – D.Ajay Kumar Sharma
Explanation – Ajay Kumar Sharma has been concurrently accredited as the next Ambassador of lndia to the lslamic Republic of Mauritania with residence in Bamako. Presently he is serving as the ambassador of lndia to the Republic of Mali.
- President Pranab Mukherjee has declared which of the following Indian state as the first digital state of the country ?
D.GujaratAnswer – C.Kerala
Explanation – President Pranab Mukherjee declared Kerala as the first digital state of the country. The state has put all of its work, including public dealing, online.
- Recently, Rajasthan govt has inked how many pacts worth Rs 11,531.21 crore with various companies ?
D.19Answer – B.51
Explanation – Rajasthan Govt has inked 51 memorandums of understanding worth Rs 11,531.21 crore with various companies that are expected to generate direct employment to over 26,000 people in the sectors of industry, agriculture, urban development & housing (UDH), mining and tourism.
- The Maharashtra government has penalized e-commerce giants for selling medicines without licence. Which of the following is not included among these ?
D.AmazonAnswer – B.Shopclues
Explanation – Food and Drug Administration, Maharashtra has taken regulatory action against Snapdeal, Amazon and Flipkart which were found to be selling or distributing medicines to consumers through internet without valid sales bill and requisite licenses.
- Governing Council of International Fund for Agriculture Development (IFAD), Rome has designated which of the following as its Chairperson ?
D.Dinesh SharmaAnswer – D.Dinesh Sharma
Explanation – Additional Secretary of Department of Economic Affairs, Dinesh Sharma has been accredited as the Chairperson of the Governing Council of International Fund for Agriculture Development (IFAD), Rome. He is elected for a period of two years.
- In the recently released survey by travel website TripAdvisor, how many Indian beaches has been listed in the top 10 “Asia’s Travellers Choice Award Winning Beaches” ?
D.NoneAnswer – A.3
Explanation – In the recently released survey by travel website TripAdvisor, three Indian beaches – Goan beaches Agonda and Palolem & Radhanagar on the Havelock Island in the Andaman have been listed in the top 10 “Asia’s Travellers Choice Award Winning Beaches”.
- Union Government is all set to mobilize how much amount under its ambitious Sagarmala project ?
A.Rs 15 Lakh cr
B.Rs 13 Lakh cr
C.Rs 10 Lakh cr
D.Rs 12 Lakh crAnswer – C.Rs 10 Lakh
Explanation – Under its ambitious Sagarmala project, the government is all set to mobilise at least Rs 10 lakh crore. The project aimed at to accelerate economic development by harnessing the potential of India’s 7,500 km coastline.
- Which of the following has won the India’s first ever auction of a gold mine ?
D.BHP BillitonAnswer – B.Vedanta Ltd
Explanation – Vedanta Ltd has won India’s first-ever auction of a gold mine. India opens up the sector to private companies to curb overseas purchases of the metal.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification