Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs February 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs February 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- Exhibition on “coin and currency of India” has been held at which of the following ?
Answer – C.New Delhi
Explanation – Displaying the history of Indian coinage, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley initiated an exhibition on “coin and currency of India” in the Great Hall of North Block, New Delhi.
- Book title “Indian Paper Money” has been authored by which of the following ?
Answer – D.Razack
Explanation – Book titled “Indian Paper Money” penned by Shri Razack presented a copy to the Finance Minister Arun Jaitley during the exhibition on “coin and currency of India” in the Great Hall of North Block, New Delhi.
- During Nepal’s PM KP Sharma Oli visit to India, Nepal Academy of Music and Drama has signed MoU with which of the following ?
A.Mumbai Digital Films Academy, Goregaon
B.Satyajit Ray Film and Television Institute
C.Film and Television Institute of India
D.Sangeet Natak Academy
Answer – D.Sangeet Natak Academy
Explanation – During Nepal’s PM KP Sharma Oli visit to India, MoU has been signed between Nepal Academy of Music and Drama and Sangeet Natak Academy to enhance relations in the field of performing arts through exchanges of experts, exponents, dancers, scholars and intellectuals.
- Recently, RBI has extended the currency swap arrangement to SAARC nations till which of the following ?
Answer – B.November 2017
Explanation – In order to enhance economic cooperation and strengthen financial stability, RBI has extended the currency swap arrangement to SAARC nations till mid November 2017.
- Government has appointed which of the following as the chairperson of National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) ?
B.J S Khehar
Answer – C.HL Dattu
Explanation – Former Chief Justice of India, Justice Handyala Lakshminarayanaswamy Dattu has been designated as the Chairperson of the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) for a period of 5 years. He will succeed K G Balakrishnan.
- Central Excise Day observes on which of the following date ?
Answer – D.February 24
Explanation – Central Excise Day is commemorated every year all across the India on 24th of February to encourage the employees of excise department to carry out the central excise duty all over the India in better way in order to prevent the corruption in goods manufacturing business as well as implement other rules to carry out best possible excise services.
- New bird Falcated Duck has been discovered in which of the following Indian state ?
Answer – B.Goa
Explanation – Birdwatchers for first time have sighted Falcated Duck in Goa which is considered as rare vagrant migrant bird species to the south of India.
- Which country is all set to become the first country in the world to have developed fast acting anti-rabies drug ?
Answer – C.India
Explanation – India is all set to become the first country in the world to have developed a fast-acting anti-rabies drug dubbed “Rabishield” that would be launched this year.
- Infosys has appointed which of the following as the Chief Executive Officer of Infosys Consulting Holding (formerly Infosys Lodestone) ?
Answer – C.Michael Pesch
Explanation – Infosys has appointed Michael Pesch as Chief Executive Officer of Infosys Consulting Holding (formerly Infosys Lodestone), with an aim of strengthening its consulting practice.
- Global CSR Excellence & Leadership Awards in the category of Best Environment Friendly Project has been conferred upon which of the following ?
Answer – B.GVK Biosciences
Explanation – GVK Biosciences has bagged the Global CSR Excellence & Leadership Awards in the category of Best Environment Friendly Project for its ‘Go Green, Grow Green’ plantation drive.
- Which of the following conferred with Knighthood by the French government for his lifelong devotion to the promotion of arts ?
Answer – D.Ismail Mahomed
Explanation – Ismail Mahomed, an Indian-origin art lover and playwright in South Africa was conferred with The Chevalier de l’Ordre des Arts et Lettres (Knight of the Order of Arts and Literature) by the French government for his lifelong devotion to the promotion of arts.
- HUDCO (Housing and Urban Development Corporation) has sanctioned a loan of Rs.90 cr to which of the following state’s development authority ?
Answer – D.Andhra Pradesh
Explanation – HUDCO (Housing and Urban Development Corporation) has sanctioned a loan of Rs.90 cr to Andhra Pradesh Capital Region Development Authority (APCRDA).
- Asia Ministerial Conference on Tiger Conservation will be chaired by which of the following country ?
Answer – B.India
Explanation – India is going to host Asia Ministerial Conference on Tiger Conservation from 12 April 2016 to save tigers.
- Assam Cabinet approved the detailed project report (DPR) for a Mass Rapid Transit System (MRTS) for its which city ?
Answer – C.Guwahati
Explanation – The Assam Cabinet approved the detailed project report (DPR) for a Mass Rapid Transit System (MRTS) for Guwahati. The cabinet also gave green signal to setting up of the Guwahati Metro Rail Corporation Limited (GMRCL).
- United Nations Development Programme’s (UNDP) is all set to appoint which of the following as the “national goodwill ambassador for youth” ?
B.R. E. Turner
D.Mashrafe Bin Mortaza
Answer – D.Mashrafe Bin Mortaza
Explanation – Bangladesh limited overs captain Mashrafe Bin Mortaza is set to be named as the United Nations Development Programme’s (UNDP) “national goodwill ambassador for youth”.