Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs February 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs February 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- NULM which has been renamed as “Deen Dayal Antyodaya Yojana-NULM” is covering maximum numbers of towns of which state ?
D.UttarakhandAnswer – C.Tamil Nadu
Explanation – National Urban Livelihood Mission (NULM) which is now renamed as “Deen Dayal Antyodaya Yojana-NULM” ” has been enlarged to the 4,041 statutory urban local bodies by government. Tamil Nadu is having the highest number of towns (681) to be covered under DAY-NULM.
- Malayalam film “Ottaal”, which was conferred with Crystal Bear for the Best Film in the children’s section during Berlin International Film Festival has been directed by which of the following ?
C.M. Night Shyamalan
D.Jayaraj Rajasekharan NairAnswer – D.Jayaraj Rajasekharan Nair
Explanation – Malayalam film “Ottaal (The Trap)” directed by Jayaraj Rajasekharan Nair has been bestowed with Crystal Bear award in the “Generation KPlus” section during Berlin International Film Festival.
- Which of the following state’s cricket association has become the first in the country to work towards Swacch Bharat Abhiyan ?
D.Madhya PradeshAnswer – B.Himachal Pradesh
Explanation – Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association (HPCA) has launched ‘Swachh Himachal – Padhai bhi, Safai bhi’ campaign in Dharamsala. With this, HPCA became the first cricket association in the country to work towards Swachh Bharat Abhiyan.
- What was the theme for International Mother Language Day (IMLD) that was observed on February 21, 2016 ?
A.Books for mother tongue education
B.Local Languages for Global Citizenship: Spotlight on Science
C.Inclusion in and through education: Language counts
D.Quality education, language(s) of instruction and learning outcomesAnswer – D.Quality education, language(s) of instruction and learning outcomes
Explanation – International Mother Language Day obeserves anually on 21 February to promote awareness of linguistic and cultural diversity and multilingualism. This year it was observed with a theme of “Quality education, language(s) of instruction and learning outcomes”.
- Union Minister of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation, Uma Bharti inaugurated “Jal Manthan – 2” at which of the following ?
D.DelhiAnswer – D.Delhi
Explanation – Uma Bharti has inaugurated the Jal Manthan -2″ on in New Delhi. The main theme of two day event is Integrated Approach for Sustainable Water Management.
- Which of the following is all set has become the first Indian state to have aquifer mapping done ?
D.PunjabAnswer – C.Haryana
Explanation – Haryana to soon become the first state in the country to have aquifer mapping done for its groundwater resources by May. An aquifer is an underground layer of water-bearing rock, from which groundwater can be extracted.
- “Mahamaham” festival is celebrated in which Indian state ?
D.KarnatakaAnswer – C.Tamil Nadu
Explanation – Mahamaham is a Hindu festival celebrated every 12 years in the Mahamaham tank located in the South Indian town of Kumbakonam in Tamil Nadu, India. Hindus consider taking a holy dip at the Mahamaham tank on the day of Mahamaham as sacred.
- Which of the following state will get India’s longest railway bridge ?
D.Himachal PradeshAnswer – B.Madhya Pradesh
Explanation – Katni in Madhya Pradesh will have India’s longest railway bridge, 14 km on the up line connecting Edappally and Vallarpadam in Kochi and is 4.62 km long.
- Central African Republic’s presidential election has been won by which of the following ?
D.Faustin TouaderaAnswer – D.Faustin Touadera
Explanation – Former Prime Minister of the Central African Republic and maths professor, Faustin-Archange Touadera was declared winner in the second round of presidential elections.
- Otteri Lake is situated in which of the following Indian city ?
D.Uttar PradeshAnswer – C.Tamil Nadu
Explanation – 31 species of birds spotted at Otteri Lake inside Arignar Anna Zoological Park in Vandalur, Tamil Nadu after a day long survey carried out by the Forest Department.
- World Thinking Day observes on which of the following date ?
D.February 23Answer – B.February 22
Explanation – World Thinking Day celebrated annually on 22 February by all Girl Guides and Girl Scouts. It is also celebrated by Scout and Guide organizations and some boy-oriented associations around the world.
- Ministry of Tourism initiated the “Swachh Parayatan Mobile App”. It has included how many Adarsh Smarak Monuments ?
D.25Answer – D.25
Explanation – Ministry of Tourism initiated the “Swachh Parayatan Mobile App”. 25 Adarsh Smarak Monuments protected by Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) have been identified for inclusion in the app.
- The fourth edition Hockey India League (HIL) title has been clinched by which of the following ?
D.Ranchi RaysAnswer – B.Punjab Warriors
Explanation – The 2016 Hockey India League (HIL) title has been bagged by Punjab Warriors by defeating Kalinga Lancers.
- Which of the following Indian state’s 4 sweets will get GI tag ?
D.AssamAnswer – C.West Bengal
Explanation – In order to protect the traditional sweets from imitations and for exporting them in future, the West Bengal government is all set to get Geographical Identification (GI) tag for its four traditional sweets.
- India has won how many medals at the Asian Wrestling Championship held at Bangkok ?
D.7Answer – B.9
Explanation – Indian grapplers finished their campaign at the Asian Wrestling Championship in Bangkok, Thailand with 9 medals, including a gold and overall stood at 7th place.