Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs February 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs February 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- Recently, which of the following state govt has publicized its Rs 63,502 crore budget for 2016-17 ?
D.RajasthanAnswer – C.Jharkhand
Explanation – Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das presented Rs 63,502 crore budget for 2016-17 with strong focus on agriculture, curbing tax evasion and women.
- Govt has appointed which of the following as the next Ambassador of India to Republic of the Marshall Islands ?
D.Sujan R. ChinoyAnswer – D.Sujan R. Chinoy
Explanation – Sujan R. Chinoy has been concurrently designated as the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of the Marshall Islands with residence in Tokyo. Presently, he is serving as the ambassador of India to Japan.
- As per the statement of Ministry of Urban Development, which of the following state is leading in setting up of SPVs ?
D.RajasthanAnswer – D.Rajasthan
Explanation – As per the statement of Ministry of Urban Development, Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh have leading the charts in establishing the Special Purpose Vehicles (SPV) for the implementation of smart city plans.
- Government is all set to provide banking services in every village by Common Services Centres (CSCs). By CSCs, village level entrepreneurs has earned commission of how much worth ?
D.Rs.468 croreAnswer – B.Rs.438 crore
Explanation – Our government is all set to proffer banking services in every village with the succor of technology and the network of Common Services Centres (CSCs). The announcement has been made during the conference of women village level entrepreneurs (VLEs) under CSCs in New Delhi by IT minister.
- National Capital Region Transport Corporation (NCRTC) has designated which of the following as its Managing Director ?
C.Vinay Kumar Singh
D.J.B. KripalaniAnswer – C.Vinay Kumar Singh
Explanation – New Delhi headquartered National Capital Region Transport Corporation (NCRTC) has designated railway officer Vinay Kumar Singh as its Managing Director.
- Bhubaneswari Mishra, who has been recently passed away was related to which of the following field ?
D.ProfessorAnswer – B.Singer
Explanation – Renowned singer Bhubaneswari Mishra passed away due to cardiac arrest. She was 67.
- Govt has appointed which of the following as the next High Commissioner of India to the Republic of Botswana ?
D.Ketan ShuklaAnswer – D.Ketan Shukla
Explanation – Ketan Shukla has been designated as the next High Commissioner of India to the Republic of Botswana. He is presently serving as the joint Secretary in the Ministry.
- Game of the year award has been conferred upon which of the following game during 19th annual DICE Awards ?
D.Witcher 3Answer – B.Fallout 4
Explanation – Fallout 4 won Game of the Year at the DICE Awards, the equivalent of the Oscars of gaming.
- Gujarat State Fertilizers and Chemicals will commission Nylon-6 plant at which of the following city ?
D.BarodaAnswer – D.Baroda
Explanation – Gujarat State Fertilizers and Chemicals Ltd. will commission Nylon-6 plant at Baroda unit at an estimated cost of Rs 140 crore.
- Anti-dumping investigations into a certain category of tyres imported from India and Sri Lanka has been imposed by which country ?
D.USAnswer – D.US
Explanation – United States International Trade Commission (USITC) has decided to initiate anti-dumping investigations into a certain category of tyres imported from India and Sri Lanka as they found that certain category of tyres imported from both countries is damaging domestic industry.
- Which of the following has been apoointed as the new chairman of GST committee ?
B.K M Mani
D.Asim DasguptaAnswer – C.Amit Mitra
Explanation – West Bengal Finance Minister Amit Mitra has been appointed as the Chairman of the Empowered Committee of State Finance Ministers on Goods and Services Tax (GST). He will succeed Kerala Finance Minister K M Mani.
- The World Bank has decided to succor which of the following Indian state on energy reforms ?
D.GujaratAnswer – C.Rajasthan
Explanation – The World Bank has decided to lend support to the Rajasthan government on energy reforms and a detailed project has been prepared in this regard.
- Which of the following state’s village has banned single women from using mobile phones ?
D.Tamil NaduAnswer – B.Gujarat
Explanation – Members of the Suraj village council in Mehsana, Gujarat has banned single women from using mobile phones, with elders deeming the technology a nuisance to society. If caught owning or speaking on a mobile phone, the violators will face a Rs. 2,100 fine.
- 2016 Asian Indoor Athletics Championships was held at which of the following ?
D.FuwayritAnswer – C.Doha
Explanation – The 2016 Asian Indoor Athletics Championships was the 7th edition of the international indoor athletics event between Asian nations. It was held at Doha, Qatar.
- Umberto Eco, who has been recently away was related to which of the following field ?
D.WriterAnswer – D.Writer
Explanation – The Italian writer and philosopher Umberto Eco, best known for his novel The Name of the Rose, has died aged 84.