Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs February 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs February 2016, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs February 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- The first phase of Kerala’s dream project i.e. SmartCity project has been jointly initiated by state’s CM. Who is the CM of Kerala ?
Answer – D.Oommen Chandy
Explanation – The first phase of Kerala’s dream project i.e. SmartCity project has been jointly initiated by state’s CM Oommen Chandy and UAE Minister of Cabinet Affairs Mohammad Al Gergawi.
- In accordance with the Paris headquartered Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), India will grow by what percent in next fiscal ?
Answer – C.7.4%
Explanation – In accordance with the Paris headquartered Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), India will go on with durable growth at 7.4% in the next financial year in comparison with earlier 7.3% forecasted in November 2015.
- Recently, ISRO hot tested “Cryo CE 20” Engine for flight duration of 640 seconds at ISRO Propulsion Complex (IPRC) at Mahendragiri. Mahendragiri is situated in which of the follwoing state ?
Answer – B.Tamil Nadu
Explanation – Indian space agency Indian Space Research Organisation has successfully hot tested “Cryo CE 20” Engine for flight duration of 640 seconds at ISRO Propulsion Complex (IPRC) at Mahendragiri, Tamil Nadu.
- The United Nations (UN) World Day of Social Justice observes on which of the following date ?
Answer – D.February 20
Explanation – The United Nations’ (UN) World Day of Social Justice is annually observed on February 20 to encourage people to look at how social justice affects poverty eradication.
- “Anything But Khamosh: The Shatrughan Sinha Biography” has been authored by which of the following ?
D.Bharathi S Pradhan
Answer – D.Bharathi S Pradhan
Explanation – Shatrughan Sinha launched his biography “Anything But Khamosh: The Shatrughan Sinha Biography” which has been authored by Bharathi S Pradhan.
- Harper Lee, who has been recently passed away was related to which of the field ?
Answer – B.Author
Explanation – Harper Lee, whose 1961 novel “To Kill a Mockingbird” became a national institution and the defining text on the racial troubles of the American deep south, has died at the age of 89.
- Which of the following made a record entry into the list of world’s youngest rated chess players ?
Answer – C.Suhaani Lohia
Explanation – Six-year old Suhaani Lohia of Mumbai made a record entry into the list of world’s youngest rated chess players. Lohia, an Upper KG student of Dhirubhai Ambani International School (Bandra) joined the list of world’s youngest rated chess players in the girls category.
- Which of the following Indian pharmaceutical company has acquired two U.S. generic drug companies, InvaGen Pharmaceuticals Inc and Exelan Pharmaceuticals Inc ?
Answer – C.Cipla
Explanation – Cipla Ltd acquired two U.S. generic drug companies, InvaGen Pharmaceuticals Inc and Exelan Pharmaceuticals Inc to increase its revenue and introduce new products for oncology and diabetes in the world’s largest pharmaceutical market.
- Which of the following sworn in as the 9th Chief Minister of Arunachal Pradesh ?
C.J P Rajkhowa
Answer – B.Kalikho Pul
Explanation – Kalikho Pul has been sworn-in as the 9th Chief Minister of Arunachal Pradesh after Governor JP Rajkhowa used his discretionary powers to appoint him.
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) has appointed which of the following as its Managing Director ?
Answer – D.Christine Lagarde
Explanation – Christine Lagarde, has been re-appointed as its Managing Director for a second five-year term after an uncontested election.
- Which of the following Indian teacher has been shortlisted for a global prize for teachers ?
Answer – C.Robin Chaurasiya
Explanation – Robin Chaurasiya, an Indian teacher who runs a not-for-profit school in Mumbai for girls from the city’s red light areas and founder of Kranti, will compete with teachers from the U.K., U.S., Nairobi, Palestine, Japan, Finland, Australia and Pakistan to win the $1 million Global Teacher Prize 2016.
- Aditya Birla Nuvo Ltd (ABNL) has joined hands with which of the following telecom service provider to set up a payments bank ?
Answer – B.Idea
Explanation – Aditya Birla Nuvo Ltd (ABNL) announced formation of a joint venture with group firm Idea Cellular to set up a payments bank. ABNL will hold 51 per cent shares and the rest 49 per cent by Idea Cellular.
- Nepal Government, decided to constitute an 11-member-political committee. It will be chaired by which of the following ?
Answer – D.Kamal Thapa
Explanation – Nepal Government decided to constitute an 11-member-political committee to study the demarcation of federal states on the constitution.The 11-member will be chaired by the Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Kamal Thapa and will also include representatives from the agitating Madhesis.
- Prasar Bharati has signed a MoU with which of the following country in connection with several broadcast related activities ?
Answer – C.Brazil
Explanation – Prasar Bharati has signed a MoU with Empressa de Brazil Communicacao (EBC) in connection with several broadcast related activities including exchange of news, programmes and co-production.
- Government of Ontario, Canada has committed investment of how much worth in India’s cleantech sector ?
A.Rs 200 crore
B.Rs 300 crore
C.Rs 500 crore
D.Rs 400 crore
Answer – B.Rs 300 crore
Explanation – Government of Ontario, Canada has committed investments worth Rs 300 crore in India’s cleantech sector to boost the latter’s renewable and other innovative clean technologies.