Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs February 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs February 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- Which of the following has become the first woman Director General (DG) of Sashastra Seema Bal ?
Answer – D.Archana Ramasundram
Explanation – Archana Ramasundram is appointed as the Director General (DG) of Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) and now she became the first woman DG of Sashastra Seema Bal. The decision was issued by Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT).
- Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has inked two bilateral Advance Pricing Agreements (APAs) with which of the following country ?
Answer – D.UK
Explanation – The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) had signed two bilateral Advance Pricing Agreements (APAs) with United Kingdom. Now CBDT has signed 41 APAs out of which 38 are unilateral and 3 are bilateral.
- As per the report released by IndiaSpend, which of the following state emerged as the India’s fastest-growing state ?
Answer – C.Meghalaya
Explanation – Meghalaya becomes the India’s fastest-growing state with a growth rate of 9.7% in 2013-14. The unemployment rate of Meghalaya is second lowest in India with 0.4% in rural areas and 2.8% in urban areas in 2011-12.
- Recently, which country’s government has approved the law that will expand the scope for dual citizenship ?
Answer – D.Bangladesh
Explanation – Bangladesh government has given its clearance for a new law that will expand the scope for dual citizenship for Bangladeshis in the US and UK.
- Which of the following bank has initiated a new home loan scheme for young working executives ?
Answer – B.SBI
Explanation – State Bank of India (SBI) has launched a new home loan scheme for young working executives. It will enables the working professionals to get higher amount.
- Recently which country has lifted ban on import of groundnut from India ?
Answer – C.Vietnam
Explanation – Vietnam had lifted the ban on import of groundnut from Indian after nine months. The ban was due to thwarting quarantine pests Caryedon serratus and Trogodrma granarium.
- According to JLL report “City Momentum Index 2016: The Rise of the Innovation-Oriented City”, which of the following city topped in terms of socio-economic growth ?
Answer – C.Bengaluru
Explanation – According to property consultant JLL report named “City Momentum Index 2016: The Rise of the Innovation-Oriented City”, Bengaluru is ranked first in the Asia Pacific region in terms of city’s socio-economic growth and momentum in the commercial real estate space while globally London wins the race.
- Which of the following country will set up a plant for the manufacturing of US-2 amphibious aircraft in India ?
Answer – B.Japan
Explanation – Japan’s ShinMaywa Industries will set up a plant for the manufacturer of US-2 amphibious aircraft in India. This plant in India will provide aircraft to the global market on demand.
- Which of the following Indian has been appointed to a key position in the World Bank with President Jim Young Kim ?
B.Saroj Kumar Jha
Answer – B.Saroj Kumar Jha
Explanation – An Indian Saroj Kumar Jha has been appointed to a key position in the World Bank with President Jim Young Kim. He is an alumnus of Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur.
- World’s first fully automated farm with robots will open in which of the following country ?
Answer – D.Japan
Explanation – World’s first fully automated farm with robots handling almost every step of the process from watering seedlings to harvesting crops will be open in Japan announced by Kyoto-based Spread.
- The National Snooker Championship 2016 men’s title has been clinched by which of the following ?
Answer – C.Aditya Mehta
Explanation – The National Snooker Championship Aditya Mehta won 2016 Championship by defeating Manan Chandra by 6-3 in the men’s final round of the National Snooker Championship 2016.
- Metro Cash & Carry India has appointed which of the following as its Managing Director ?
Answer – C.Arvind Mediratta
Explanation – Arvind Mediratta appointed as the Managing Director of German wholesale major Metro Cash & Carry India. He will succeed Rajeev Bakshi.
- World Wetland Day observes on which date ?
Answer – B.February 2
Explanation – World Wetland Day celebrated every year on 2, February to mark the date of the signing of the Convention on Wetlands, called the Ramsar Convention in the Iranian city of Ramsar on the shores of the Caspian Sea.
- Which of the following online markertplace has acquired the on-demand shipping service provider Sendd ?
Answer – D.CraftsVilla
Explanation – CraftsVilla an online marketplace for Indian products has acquired the on-demand shipping service provider Sendd for $4.5 million.
- IPL team Kings XI Punjab has appointed which of the following as its mentor ?
Answer – C.Virender Sehwag
Explanation – Former India opener Virender Sehwag was appointed mentor of the Kings XI Punjab team for the upcoming Indian Premier League (IPL).