Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs February 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs February 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- To match pace with latest technological innovations, which of the following Indian railway’s yard got a computer-based signalling system ?
Answer – D.Khurja Yard
Explanation – In a bid to match pace with latest technological innovations, Indian Railway Project Management Unit (IRPMU), an arm of North Central Railway in association with the Construction and Open Line Units of the Railway, initiated a computer-based signalling system at Khurja junction.
- Under PM’s Awas Yojana (Urban), Ministry of Housing & Urban Poverty Alleviation accredited construction of 81,757 houses in 7 states. What is the outlay of project ?
A.Rs. 4, 760 cr
B.Rs. 6, 519 cr
C.Rs. 5, 076 cr
D.Rs. 4, 076 cr
Answer – D.Rs. 4, 076 cr
Explanation – In a bid to benefit urban poor under the PM’s Awas Yojana (Urban), Ministry of Housing & Urban Poverty Alleviation accredited construction of 81,757 houses for Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) in urban areas in 7 states with project outlay of Rs. 4, 076 cr.
- World Press Photo of the Year 2015 award has been conferred upon which of the following ?
Answer – B.Warren Richardson
Explanation – 10,000 euros World Press Photo of the Year 2015 award has been conferred upon Australian photographer Warren Richardson during the 59th annual World Press Photo Contest. The image was titled as “Hope for a New Life”.
- US President Barack Obama will confer 6 Indian-Americans with Presidential Early Career Awards. Which of the following Indian-Amercian is not included in the list ?
Answer – C.Noshir Gowadia
Explanation – US President Barack Obama will confer 6 Indian-Americans namely Milind Kulkarni, Kiran Musunuru, Sachin Patel, Vikram Shyam, Rahul Mangharam and Shwetak Patel with the highest US government prize for young independent researchers i.e. Presidential Early Career Awards.
- Abdul Rashid Khan, who has been recently passed away was related to which of the following field ?
Answer – D.Vocalist
Explanation – Padma Bhushan and Sangeet Natak Akademi awardee vocalist Ustad Abdul Rashid Khan passed away due to old-age related ailments. He was 107.
- Indian Railways’s Khurja junction is situated in which of the following state ?
Answer – C.Uttar Pradesh
Explanation – Khurja junction, a city famous for pottery in Uttar Pradesh has got a computer-based signalling system, which has been initiated by Indian Railway Project Management Unit (IRPMU) and Construction and Open Line Units of the Railway.
- Which of the following state’s university has inked MoU with Indian Institute of Petroleum and Energy (IIPE) to start the IIPE sessions during the academic year 2016-17 ?
Answer – B.Andhra Pradesh
Explanation – Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) has been signed between IIPE and Andhra University to start the IIPE sessions during the academic year 2016-17 for the period of 3 years till the period IIPE sets up the infrastructure in its own premises.
- To ensure ease of doing business, which of the following state govt is all set to introduce a self certifying scheme ?
Answer – C.Odisha
Explanation – To ensure ease of doing business in the state, the Odisha government will introduce a self certifying scheme which will shorten the inspection process at the initial levels required for non-hazardous industries to set up units.
- As a return birthday gift to general public, which of the following CM has announced free bus travel for senior citizens ?
Answer – D.Jayalalithaa
Explanation – Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa, announced free bus travel for senior citizens in Chennai metropolitan area from her 68th birthday on February 24.
- Tamil Nadu along with which of the following state have utilised close to Rs.150 crore of the funds allocated to them in setting up waste management projects ?
Answer – B.West Bengal
Explanation – Tamil Nadu and West Bengal have utilised close to Rs.150 crore of the funds allocated to them in setting up waste management projects.
- The United Nations (UN) and Govt of which country announced the launch of a new multi-partner trust fund in Bogota ?
Answer – C.Colombia
Explanation – The United Nations (UN) and the Government of Colombia announced the launch of a new multi-partner trust fund in Bogota to respond to stabilization and peacebuilding needs.
- The fourth edition of India-Myanmar Coordinated Patrol (IMCOR) was held at which of the following ?
Answer – D.Andaman
Explanation – The fourth edition of the India-Myanmar Coordinated Patrol (IMCOR) was successfully undertaken at Andaman Sea. At the closing ceremony after the patrol, India and Myanmar signed the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP).
- Which of the following bank partners with Suvidhaa to offer loans to urban poor ?
Answer – D.Axis Bank
Explanation – Mumbai headquartered Axis Bankin partnership with domestic remittance company Suvidhaa, is planning to lend to these people who have no formal credit score to boast and no bank guarantees to offer.
- “Playing It My Way” is the autobiography of which of the following ?
Answer – C.Sachin Tendulkar
Explanation – Sachin Tendulkar’s autobiography “Playing It My Way” entered the Limca Book of Records for being the best-selling adult hardback across both fiction and non-fiction categories.
- Automotive Tyre Manufacturers’ Association (ATMA) has appointed which of the following as its Chairman ?
A.Arun Kumar Bajoria
Answer – D.K.M. Mammen
Explanation – MRF Chairman and Managing Director K.M. Mammen has been elected as the Chairman of Automotive Tyre Manufacturers’ Association (ATMA), a lobby group representing the automotive tyre sector in India.