Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs February 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs February 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- In a bid to comabt Zika Virus, World Health Organization (WHO) has infused how much amount along with fast-tracking vaccines and diagnostics ?
Answer – B.$56 million
Explanation – The World Health Organization (WHO) had infused $56 million to combat the Zika virus through June, including fast-tracking vaccines and diagnostics.
- Recently, Cabinet has approved the signing of MoU with which of the follwoing country in the field of Urban Development Governance and Capacity Building ?
Answer – D.Singapore
Explanation – Union Cabinet gave its ex-post facto approval for signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Singapore Cooperation Enterprise (SCE) to share experiences in the field of Urban Development Governance and Capacity Building.
- Which of the following company has launched the world’s cheapest Smartphone, “Freedom 251” ?
C.Ringing Bells Pvt Ltd
Answer – C.Ringing Bells Pvt Ltd
Explanation -Ringing Bells Pvt Ltd a Noida based company had launched Freedom 251 possibly the world’s cheapest Smartphone.The Smartphone costs Rs. 251.
- Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs had approved the construction of 6 railway lines and a railway bridge of how much worth ?
A.Rs 10,300 crore
B.Rs 10,500 crore
C.Rs 10,700 crore
D.Rs 10,600 crore
Answer – C.Rs 10,700 crore
Explanaton – The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) had approved the construction of 6 railway lines and a railway bridge at an estimated cost of Rs 10,700 crore.
- Flipkart has appointed which of the following as its Chief People Officer ?
D.K. V. Anand
Answer – B.Nitin Seth
Explanation – Nitin Seth appointed as India’s biggest online marketplace Flipkart Chief People Officer. Earlier, he served as the managing director and country head for Fidelity International in India.
- Which of the following Indian state had agreed to collaborate on technology and development with South Korean state of Chungcheongbuk ?
Answer – B.Haryana
Explanaton – Haryana and South Korean state of Chungcheongbuk had agreed to collaborate on technology and development. Haryana had accepted the proposal for sister-statehood relationship made with delegation from South Korea.
- US-Asean summit session was held at which of the following ?
Answer – C.California
Explanation – U.S -Southeast Asian summit session was held at the historic Sunnylands Center in Rancho Mirage, California. ASEAN stands for Association of Southeast Asian Nations.
- Which of the following bank has been conferred with “IBA Banking Technology Award” ?
B.Union Bank of India
C.Catholic syrian Bank
D.Karnataka Bank Ltd
Answer – D.Karnataka Bank Ltd
Explanation – Karnataka Bank Ltd has bagged ‘IBA Banking Technology Award’ in the category of Best Risk and Fraud Management Initiative Runner Up among the small banks.
- Union Cabinet is all set to ink MoU with which of the following on cooperation in the fields of Science, Technology and innovation (STI) ?
Answer – D.BRICS
Explanation – The Union Cabinet had been apprised about signing of BRICS Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on cooperation in the fields of Science, Technology and innovation (STI).
- Which of the following hypermarket chain had tied up with Oxigen Services, a payment service provider ?
Answer – D.Big Bazaar
Explanation – Big Bazaar Direct had tied up with payment service provider Oxigen Services. The aim of the tie is to offer products easily to the end customers at affordable price and at their nearer store.
- Which of the following state government had inked MoU to set up a 1600 MW capacity thermal power plant ?
Anwer – B.Jharkhand
Explanation – Jharkhand government and Adani Group had inked a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to set up a 1600 MW capacity thermal power plant for investment of 15000 crore rupees in the state.
- Which of the following lyricist had been entered in the Guinness Book of World Records for writing the most inexhaustible number of songs in Bollywood ?
Answer – C.Sameer Anjaan
Explanation – Lyricist Sameer Anjaan (Shitala Pandey) had been entered in the Guinness Book of World Records for writing the most inexhaustible number of songs in Bollywood.
- Which of the following Indian fashion designer had been conferred with the Chevalier de la Legion d’Honneur (Knight of the Legion of Honor) ?
Answer – B.Manish Arora
Explanation – Fashion designer Manish Arora had been conferred with the Chevalier de la Legion d’Honneur (Knight of the Legion of Honor) France’s highest civilian honor.
- Which of the following has been appointed as the next Commissioner of Delhi Police ?
D.B S Bassi
Answer – C.Alok Verma
Explanation – Senior IPS officer Alok Kumar Verma will be the next Commissioner of Delhi Police. He will succeed incumbent B S Bassi.
- Which of the following e-commerce giant has launched “Tatkal” initiative for small and medium businesses (SMBs) ?
Answer – D.Amazon
Explanation – Amazon announced the launch an initiative that enables small and medium businesses (SMBs) to go online and sell products ‘Amazon Tatkal’.