Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs February 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs February 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- Recently, 4 major oil producing nations has agreed to freeze oil output at near-record levels. Which of the following oil producing company stood out of this agreement ?
Answer – D.Iran
Explanation – In a bid to tackle plummet that has battered nations, markets and companies, world’s largest producers of oil, Saudi Arabia and Russia consented to freeze oil output at near-record levels but producer Iran and Iraq stood out of this agreement.
- India has participated as the observer plus country in the 35th edition of “Cobra Gold” multilateral exercise. It was hosted by which of the following nation ?
Answer – C.Thailand
Explanation – On sidelines of Vice-President Hamid Ansari visit to Thailand, India has participated in the 35th edition of “Cobra Gold” multilateral exercise as an observer plus country, being hosted by Thailand.
- Arun Jaitley has inaugurated the Non-Tax Receipt Portal (NTRP). It has been developed by which of the following ?
A.Controller general of Patents
B.Controller General of Defence Accounts
C.Controller General of Accounts
D.Controller general of Audit
Answer – C.Controller General of Accounts
Explanation – Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley has inaugurated the Non-Tax Receipt Portal (NTRP), which has been developed by the Controller General of Accounts (CGA) office. The portal provides a one-stop platform to citizens, corporate and other users for making online payment of Non-Tax Receipts to the Government of India.
- Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) has increased the PF interest rate to how much percent ?
Answer – D.8.8%
Explanation – After receiving the stamp of approval from Union Labour Minister Bandaru Dattatreya Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) has marginally mounted the PF interest rate to 8.8% from 7.75% for 2015-16 financial year.
- Akbar Kakkattil, who has been recently passed away was related to which of the following field ?
Answer – B.Novelist
Explanation – Noted Malayalam novelist and short story writer Akbar Kakkattil passed away due to lung-related ailment. He was 62.
- Which of the following has clinched the 36th National Chess team Championship that was held at Bhubaneswar ?
B.Life Insurance Corporation
C.Airport Authority of India
Answer – A.Indian Railways
Explanation – Indian Railways has won The National Chess team Championship for the first time by defeating Life Insurance Corporation. The 36th Championship was held at Bhubaneswar.
- S. Sridhar has been selected to represent India as Umpire (Table Tennis) in the 2016 Rio Olympic Games. He is serving as secretary to CMD in which bank ?
Answer – C.Dena Bank
Explanation – Dena Bank’s S. Sridhar has been selected to represent India as Umpire (Table Tennis) in the forthcoming 2016 Rio Olympic Games.
- Which of the following Indian aircraft carrier reached Maldives on the goodwill visit ?
Answer – D.INS Vikramaditya
Explanation – India’s largest aircraft carrier, INS Vikramaditya, accompanied by two battleships, INS Mysore and INS Deepak reached Maldives on a four-day long goodwill visit.
- A team led by an Indian-origin scientist has discovered the fast conductor to replace silicon. which of the following element is included in the newly discovered conductor ?
Answer – D.Tin
Explanation – A team led by an Indian-origin scientist in US discovered a new semiconductor, made of the elements tin and oxygen or tin monoxide (SnO), is a layer of 2D material only one atom thick, allowing electrical charges to move through it much faster than conventional 3D materials such as silicon.
- Volvo Group has been acquired by which of the following in a deal worth of $1 billion ?
Answer – D.HCL
Explanation – HCL Technologies Ltd has acquired the external IT (information technology) business of Sweden’s Volvo Group in a deal worth of $1 billion.
- Which of the following Indian origin has been honoured in the US for his efforts to improve access to education for underprivileged students ?
Answer – C.Ishaan Patel
Explanation – A 13 year old Indian-origin Ishaan Patel has been honoured in the US for his efforts to improve access to education for underprivileged students in America and around the world through his charity organisation.
- Indian Oil Corporation has made which of the following state’s village as smokeless ?
C.Jammu & Kashmir
Answer – B.Himachal Pradesh
Explanation – Under Union Government’s campaign, the Samej village in Kullu district of Himachal Pradesh, has been made smokeless by the Indian Oil Corporation.
- Which of the following has been awarded with Israel Prize for studies in fields of religion and philosophy ?
Answer – B.David Shulman
Explanation – Renowned Indologist Professor David Shulman has been awarded the prestigious Israel Prize for his breakthrough studies in fields like religion and philosophy.
- “Japan Desk” has been initiated by which of the following bank to facilitate Japanese corporates looking to invest in India ?
Answer – D.SBI
Explanation – State Bank of India (SBI) launched ‘Japan Desk’ a first of its kind initiative to facilitate Japanese corporates looking to invest here with banking and advisory services.
- Vijay Mallya-led United Breweries (Holdings) has been declared as “willful defaulter” by which of the following bank ?
Answer – C.PNB
Explanation – Punjab National Bank has declared Vijay Mallya-led United Breweries (Holdings) as willful defaulter. Last year, SBI and UBI had declared Mallya, Kingfisher Airlines and its holding company United Breweries as wilful defaulters.