Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs February 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs February 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- Recently, Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports has released funds for athelets under Target Olympic Podium Scheme (TOPS). 2016 Summer Olympics will takes place in which of the following ?
Answer – D.Brazil
Explanation – Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports has released funds under its ambitious Target Olympic Podium Scheme (TOPS). The 2016 Summer Olympics will hold from August 5 to August 21, 2016 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- Which of the following has clinched the title of “Best Actor in a Leading Role” in 2016 BAFTA Awards ?
Answer – C.Leonardo DiCaprio
Explanation – The 69th British Academy Film Awards were held on 14 February 2016 at the Royal Opera House in London. The “Best Actor in a Leading Role” was awarded to Leonardo DiCaprio fot The Relevant.
- India has launched the lightest gun named “Nidar”. How much it weighs ?
Answer – D.250g
Explanation – The new .22-calibre revolver is named “Nidar” weighs a mere 250g and it costs 35,000 rupees. Two years back India launched “Nirbheek”, a handgun pitched as the country’s first gun for women.
- “Nagaland is changing. But…” a documentary movie has clinched the Golden Beaver Award at 6th National Science Film Festival. Festival was held at which of the following ?
Answer – D.Mumbai
Explanation – “Nagaland is changing. But…” a documentary movie has clinched the Golden Beaver Award at 6th National Science Film Festival in Mumbai.
- Rajamani, who has been recently passed away was related to which of the following field ?
Answer – D.Composer
Explanation – Noted southern composer Rajamani has passed awaydue to sudden cardiac arrest. He was 60.
- St. Petersburg Ladies Trophy has been clinched by which of the following ?
A.Serena Williams and Martina Hingis
B.Sania Mirza and Martina Hingis
C.Vera Dushevina and Barbora Krejcikova
D.Ana Ivanovic and Maria Sharapova
Answer – B.Sania Mirza and Martina Hingis
Explanation – Indian tennis star Sania Mirza and her Swiss partner Martina Hingis clinched the St. Petersburg Ladies Trophy by defeating Russian-Czech team of Vera Dushevina and Barbora Krejcikova to extend their winning streak to 40 matches.
- President Shri Pranab Mukherjee felicitated the winners of Infosys Prize 2015. Which of the following has been conferred with Mathematical Sciences award ?
A.Dr. Amit Sharma
B.Prof. G Ravindra Kumar
C.Dr. Mahan MJ
D.Prof. Umesh Waghmare
Answer – C.Dr. Mahan MJ
Explanation – Prof. Mahan MJ conferred with Infosys Prize 2015 in Mathematical Sciences for his contributions to geometric group theory, low-dimensional topology and complex geometry.
- Apple is all set to initiate its first technology centre in India at which of the following place ?
Answer – B.Hyderabad
Explanation – Apple is all set to initiate its first technology centre in India at Hyderabad, at a cost of $25 million. pread across 2,50,000 square feet, the centre will help Apple develop maps and make them available in its iPhones and Mac systems.
- To make students aware of Banking Sector in India, BML Munjal University has signed a MoU with which bank ?
Answer – D.Axis bank
Explanation – BML Munjal University has signed a MoU with Axis Bank to jointly work towards promoting cooperation and advancing academic and business exchanges.
- Communication and Information Technology Minister announced to increase number of common service centres in the country. Who is the Communication and Information Technology Minister of India ?
B.Ravi Shankar Prasad
Answer – B.Ravi Shankar Prasad
Explanation – Govt is planning to increase number of common service centres in the country will enable village-level entrepreneur to talk to national-level experts for guidance.
- Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) has joined hands with which of the following for joint research and exchange of faculty ?
Answer – D.IIT-K
Explanation – Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur and Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) are collaborating for joint research, exchange of faculty and students as well as tapping into international scientists and entrepreneurs under ‘Global Initiative of Academic Networks’ ( GIAN).
- Recently, BHEL has commissioned a 101 MW gas-based Combined Cycle Power Plant (CCPP) on (EPC) basis at which place ?
Answer – C.Tripura
Explanation – BHEL has commissioned a 101 MW gas-based Combined Cycle Power Plant (CCPP) on Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) basis in Tripura.
- Which of the following state govt has amended Zamindari Abolition and Land Reform Act allowing the Scheduled castes to sell their farm land to non-dalits without asking for permission from District magistrate ?
Answer – B.Uttar Pradesh
Explanation – Uttar Pradesh has amended Uttar Pradesh Zamindari Abolition and Land Reform Act allowing the Scheduled castes to sell their farm land to non-dalits without asking for permission from District magistrate. It will replace Land Revenue Act of 1901 and Zamindari Abolition and Land Reform Act 1950.
- 2016 ICC Under-19 Cricket World Cup, that was held in Bangladesh has been clinched by which of the following ?
Answer – D.West Indies
Explanation – The 2016 ICC Under-19 Cricket World Cup that wad held in Bangladesh has been won by West Indies by defeating India with 5 wickets.
- Venture firm Kalaari Capital’s unit, Kstart has announced its partnership with which of the following ?
Answer – C.Google
Explanation – Venture firm Kalaari Capital’s unit, Kstart has publicized that Google will be a technology partner for its seed-stage portfolio companies. The partnership will provide access to Google’s mentorship, global network and products for select Kstart portfolio companies.