Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs February 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs February 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- During the Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan visit to India, India and UAE have inked how many agreements ?
Answer – C.9
Explanation – Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan was in India on a three-day visit during which UAE and India inked 9 agreements on areas like security, counter-terrorism, nuclear, space sector and energy sector.
- As per the Supreme Court notice, States can clampdown mobile internet access under which section of the Criminal Procedure Code (CrPC) ?
Answer – D.Section 144
Explanation – Supreme Court ruled that States can clampdown mobile internet access under Section 144 of the Criminal Procedure Code (CrPC) if there is apprehension that a public agitation can turn aggressive and disturb public tranquillity.
- Union Minister of Food Processing Industries, Harsimrat Kaur Badal has inaugurated the first Mega Food Park in which of the following state ?
Answer – B.Madhya Pradesh
Explanation – Union Minister of Food Processing Industries, Harsimrat Kaur Badal inaugurated the first Mega Food Park at Village Panwa, Tehsil Kasarwad, District Khargone, Madhya Pradesh which is promoted by M/s Indus mega Food Part Pvt. Ltd.
- MoS for Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER) Dr Jitendra Singh inaugurated “Destination North East 2016” festival at which of the following place ?
Answer – C.Delhi
Explanation – A three-day mega event organised by the Ministry of DoNER, “Destination North East 2016” festival was inaugurated at New Delhi by MoS for Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER) Dr Jitendra Singh. Festival is aimed at showcasing the various versatile and unique features of different parts of Northeast before the rest of India.
- Which of the following port will be the first to run operations on solar energy ?
Answer – D.Visakhapatnam
Explanation – Visakhapatnam Port Trust (VPT) or Vizag port will be the first to run operations on solar energy. VPT has recently commissioned 2MW solar power plants with in investment of ₹60 crore and is all set to add another 8 MW capacity in a month.
- In a bid to increase quality education, which of the following university has signed MoU with University of Chicago ?
A.University of Delhi
Answer – B.Manipal University
Explanation – Manipal University has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the University of Chicago to increase the quality education. University of Chicago is amongst the top ten global Universities in the 2016 Times Higher Education World University rankings.
- World Radio Day observes on which of the following date ?
Answer – C.February 13
Explanation – World Radio Day observes annually on February 13 to remember the unique power of radio to touch lives and bring people together across every corner of the globe. Theme 2016 – “Radio in Times of Emergency and Disaster”.
- Biraja Prasad, who has been recently passed away was the Ambassador of India to which of the following nation ?
Answer – D.Tajikistan
Explanation – Biraja Prasad, Ambassador of India to the Republic of Tajikistan passed away. 1998 batch Indian Foreign Service officer of Odisha, was the youngest IFS officer to be appointed as India’s Ambassador to any country.
- Which of the following e-commerce company’s cloud computing arm has signed an agreement with cloud computing firm NICE ?
Answer – B.Amazon
Explanation – Amazon Web Services, the cloud computing arm of Amazon.com Inc has acquired Italy based NICE, a software developer for technical computing.
- Indian Institute of Millets Research (IIMR) has appointed which of the following as its Director ?
C.Vilas A. Tonapi
D.C V Ratnavathi
Answer – C.Vilas A. Tonapi
Explanation – Vilas A. Tonapi has been appointed as the Director of Indian Institute of Millets Research (IIMR). At present, Tonapi is serving as the Principal Scientist at Seed Science and Technology of the IIMR.
- GOI has designated which of the following as the next High Commissioner of India to Solomon lslands ?
B.Ashok K. Kantha
C.Viiay Keshav Gokhale
D.Nagendra Kumar Saxena
Answer – D.Nagendra Kumar Saxena
Explanation – Nagendra Kumar Saxena, presently High Commissioner of lndia to the lndependent State of Papua New Guinea, has been concurrently accredited as the next High Commissioner of lndia to Solomon lslands.
- As per the United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNISDR) report on most disaster-hit countries of 2015, India has been ranked at which place ?
Answer – B.3rd
Explanation – In accordance with the report by the United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNISDR), India has been ranked as the third lead in the list of most disaster hit countries of 2015.
- La Liga Player of the Month award has been conferred upon which of the following ?
Answer – C.Lionel Messi
Explanation – Lionel Messi has won the La Liga ‘Player of the Month’ award for the first time ever. The Argentine becomes only the second ever Barcelona player to have ever won the award, after his Brazilian teammate Neymar.
- Which of the following state govt has announced a new IT Policy and Incentive Scheme (2016-21) ?
Answer – D.Gujarat
Explanation – Gujarat Government announced a new IT Policy and Incentive Scheme (2016-21), aiming to promote the sector by providing subsidies to investors and create 10 lakh new jobs.
- Recently, Facebook India Managing Director stepped down from her current role. Which of the following was the Facebook India Managing Director ?
Answer – B.Kirthiga Reddy
Explanation – Facebook India’s Managing Director, Kirthiga Reddy quitted her current position to relocate to Facebook’s headquarters at Menlo Park, California.