Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs February 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs February 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
Click Here to Read Current Affairs February 12 2016
- Recently, Union Health & Family Welfare Minister J P Nadda has instigated the National Framework for the elimination of which of the following disease ?
D.MalariaAnswer – D.Malaria
Explanation – On the sidelines of India’s proposed action for the elimination of Malaria by 2030, Union Health & Family Welfare Minister J P Nadda has instigated the National Framework for Malaria Elimination (NFME) 2016-2030.
- Which of the following pharmaceutical company’s CEO and MD bestowed with EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2015 award ?
D.CiplaAnswer – C.Lupin
Explanation – Pharmaceutical company Lupin’s CEO, Vinita Gupta and MD Nilesh Gupta bestowed with EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2015 award in recognition of their efforts in the company’s glorious growth and for creating value for stakeholders.
- Which of the following golfer has been voted as the Hilton Asian Tour Golfer of Year ?
D.Zaw MoeAnswer – B.Anirban Lahiri
Explanation – In an online poll, India’s Anirban Lahiri has been voted as the Hilton Asian Tour Golfer of Year. In 2015, the world no. 40 became the first Indian to feature at The Presidents Cup and won the Asian Tour Order of Merit title.
- Minister for Telecom & IT Ravi Shankar Prasad is all set to launch a Electronics Development Fund (EDF) in which of the following city ?
D.MumbaiAnswer – D.Mumbai
Explanation – Department of Electronics & IT (Deity) in a company with Canbank Venture Capital Fund is all set to initiate the Electronics Development Fund (EDF) in Mumbai.
- Amar Chitra Katha has launched its first romance novel titled “A Kingdom For His Love”. It is authored by which of the following ?
D.Kiran DesaiAnswer – C.Vani Mahesh
Explanation – Amar Chitra Katha has launched its first romance novel titled A Kingdom For His Love,” the fiction co-authored by Vani Mahesh and Shinie Antony is a retelling of a Sanskrit play ‘Swapnavasavadattam.
- Lance Naik Hanamanthapp, who has been recently passed away was related to which of the following field ?
D.SoldierAnswer – D.Soldier
Explanation – Lance Naik Hanamanthappa Koppad, who was rescued after being buried in ice and snow for six days died due to multiple organ failure. He was 33.
- Department of industrial policy and promotion (DIPP) has designated which of the following as its Secretary ?
D.Amitabh KantAnswer – C.Ramesh Abhishek
Explanation – Former Forwards Markets Commission (FMC) chairman Ramesh Abhishek has been appointed secretary in the department of industrial policy and promotion (DIPP). He will be responsible for implementing “Make in India” and “Start up India”. He will succeed Amitabh Kant.
- Leslie Bassett, who has been recently passed away was related to which of the following field ?
D.DirectorAnswer – B.Composer
Explanation – Known for his lush sonorities and ecumenical instrumentation, Pulitzer Prize-winning composer, Leslie Bassett due to old age complications. He was 93.
- Recently, Govt has decided to provide electricity to popular tourist destination “Elephanta island”. It is situated in which place ?
D.MumbaiAnswer – D.Mumbai
Explanation – Maharashtra government has decided to provide electricity to the popular tourist destination Elephanta island from August 15, 2016. Govt will lay an underwater power cable network between mainland Mumbai and the island at a cost of Rs. 28 crore for electrification.
- Which of the following app launched a medical emergency feature enabling train travelers to check for vital information regarding medical facilities ?
D.CleartripAnswer – C.RailYatri
Explanation – RailYatri.in launched a medical emergency feature through RailYatri mobile app enabling train travelers to check for vital information regarding medical facilities.
- Which of the following Indian Naval Ship will be developed as a tourism centre ?
C.INS ArihantAnswer – D.INS Viraat
Explanation – Aircraft carrier INS Viraat will be developed as a tourism centre after its decommissioning. A JV will be set up by Andhra government, Indian Navy and a private organisation to take up the tourism-related activities on the warship.
- Local private equity firm Kedaara has joined hands with which of the following to purchase the mortgage arm of Au Financiers ?
D.Skagen FundsAnswer – B.Partners Group
Explanation – Local private equity firm Kedaara Capital has joined hands with American fund Partners Group to purchase the mortgage arm of Jaipur-based lender Au Financiers for Rs 950 crore.
- Which of the following has been appointed as the Chief Justice of the Bombay High Court ?
A.Justice Mohit S Shah
B.Justice S.K. Mukherjee
C.Justice Sanjay Kishan Kaul
D.Justice Dhirendra Hiralal WaghelaAnswer – D.Justice Dhirendra Hiralal Waghela
Explanation – Currently the Chief Justice of the Orissa High Court, Justice Dhirendra Hiralal Waghela has been designated as the Chief Justice of the Bombay High Court.
- Which of the following is all set to become the India’s first state to have disabled-friendly beach ?
D.GoaAnswer – B.Gujarat
Explanation – Tithal beach in Valsad district of Gujarat will become India’s first disabled-friendly beach which will have disabled-friendly food courts, washrooms and entertainment area.
- Which of the following has appointed as the director of the United Nations Information Centre (UNIC) ?
D.Rajiv ChandranAnswer – C.Tamar Hahn
Explanation – Tamar Hahn of Israe designated as the director of the United Nations Information Centre (UNIC) in Buenos Aires that serves Argentina and Uruguay. She was appointed by United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification