Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs February 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs February 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- On the sidelines of Digital India and to bring transparency in Indian Railways, recently Railway Minister has launched how many applications ?
Answer – D.3
Explanation – On the sidelines of Digital India and to bring transparency in Indian Railways, Union Railway Minister Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu has initiated 3 IT enabled applications.
1.Paperless unreserved ticketing mobile application.
2.Hand Held Terminals for TTEs.
3.E-booking of disposable linen on trains.
- In accordance with the US Chamber of Commerce’s 4th report on “International IP Index”, India has been ranked at which position ?
Answer – C.37
Explanation – In accordance with the US Chamber of Commerce’s 4th report on “International IP Index”, India has been ranked at 37th with a score of 7.05 as compared to 7.23 in the previous edition.
- On the sidelines of World Humanitarian Summit, United Nations has released a a report dubbed “One Humanity: Shared Responsibility”. What is the venue for World Humanitarian Summit ?
Answer – C.Istanbul
Explanation – The report “One Humanity: Shared Responsibility” has called for a global campaign on the sidelines of World Humanitarian Summit that will hold in Istanbul, Turkey. The theme of the summit will be One Humanity: Shared Responsibility.
- Recently, U.S. National Academy of Engineering has selected 4 Indian-Americans in its 80 members list. Which of the following is not included in the list ?
D.Anil K. Jain
Answer – B.Vikram Amar
Explanation – U.S. National Academy of Engineering (NAE) has primed the 4 Indian-Americans to be a part of its new list of 80 members for their valuable contributions to the society. The 4 Indian-Americans are Anil K. Jain, Dr. Arati Prabhakar, Ganesh Thakur and Dr. K.R. Sridhar.
- International Day of Women and Girls in Science observes on which of the following date ?
Answer – D.February 11
Explanation – In December 2015, the United Nations passed a resolution to recognise on February 11 each year as International Day of Women and Girls in Science. It was held under the theme – ‘Transforming the World: Parity for All’.
- Google has recently announced to make public emergency alerts for floods available in which of the following country ?
Answer – B.India
Explanation – Google will make public emergency alerts for floods available in India. The feature will be available through Google Public Alerts. Clicking on an alert will display related details such as a map, expected timeline, as well as tips on how to stay safe.
- Australia has appointed which of the following as the new Australian High Commissioner to India ?
Answer – C.Harinder Sidhu
Explanation – Australia has designated Indian-origin Harinder Sidhu as the country’s next High Commissioner to India. He will succed Patrick Suckling.
- Paris-based International Chamber of Commerce Commission has appointed which of the folloiwng as its vice-chairman ?
A.Arun Kumar Singh
Answer – D.Davinder Singh
Explanation – Indian-origin lawyer in Singapore, Davinder Singh has been named as vice-chairman of the Paris-based International Chamber of Commerce Commission on Corporate Responsibility and Anti-corruption.
- Which of the following Indian state’s Mobile One m-governance model wins gold at World Government Summit in UAE ?
Answer – B.Karnataka
Explanation – Karnataka’s flagship mobile-one governance wins gold at the m-governance awards at the fourth World Government Summit in Dubai.The Karnataka Mobile-One app, which brings over 4,000 services including government ones and private ones onto one integrated platform that can be accessed as an App on smartphones.
- A sales-marketing-support application for SMEs “HeyBiz” has tied up with which of the following power back-up solution provider ?
Answer – C.Su-Kam
Explanation – HeyBiz, a sales-marketing-support application for SMEs has joined hands with Su-Kam Power Systems Limited, a power back-up solution provider in order to digitising HeyBiz’s dealers and distributors network that will help in connecting with local customers.
- National Research Development Corporation (NRDC) inked a Memorandum of Understand (MOU) with which of the following institute to promote entrepreneurship ?
Answer – D.IICB
Explanation – National Research Development Corporation (NRDC) has inked MoU ith Indian Institute of Chemical Biology to promote entrepreneurship. CSIR – Indian Institute of Chemical Biology (IICB), Kolkata is engaged in research on diseases and certain biological problems of global interest.
- 3rd India – Australia Energy Security Dialogue was chaired in which of the following city ?
Answer – C.Brisbane
Explanation – MoS for Power, Coal and New & Renewable Energy, Piyush Goyal, co-chaired the 3rd India – Australia Energy Security Dialogue that was held at Brisbane, Australia.
- Ministry of Railways has inked MoU with which of the following state government for the formation of joint venture companies for development of railway infrastructure in that state ?
Answer – B.Telangana
Explanation – Ministry of Railways and Telangana Government has inked MoU with for the formation of joint venture companies for the development of railway infrastructure in Telangana.
- Aurobindo Mukherjee, who has been recently passed away was related to which of the following field ?
Answer – C.Director
Explanation – Veteran film director Aurobindo Mukherjee passed away due to geriatric problems. He was 97.
- Which of the following will host the finals of Women’s Cricket World Cup in 2017 ?
Answer – D.London
Explanation – Lord’s Cricket Ground in London, England will host the final of the Women’s Cricket World Cup in 2017.