Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs February 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs February 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- As per the recently released report on Introduction of Interest Rate Options by RBI, no documentation relating to underlying exposure is required for exposures upto how much worth ?
A.Rs. 1 crore
B.Rs. 3 crore
C.Rs. 4 crore
D.Rs. 5 croreAnswer – D.Rs. 5 crore
Explanation – Reserve Bank of India released the Report of the Working Group on Introduction of Interest Rate Options in India, according to which no documentation relating to underlying exposure is required for exposures upto Rs. 5 crore.
- Which of the following has broke the record of USA’s Ron Cooper by performing 82 pushups in a minute ?
D.Kanishka SharmaAnswer – C.KJ Joseph
Explanation – KJ Joseph from Kerala has set a new world record for the maximum number of knuckle push-ups in a minute.The previous record was held by USA’s Ron Cooper who performed 79 knuckle pushups in a minute.
- Recently GOI has initiated “Hydrocarbon Vision 2030” for North-East. As a part of progaramme how much of worth will be infused in the North-East Region ?
A.Rs 1, 10,000 crore
B.Rs 1, 32,000 crore
C.Rs 1, 30,000 crore
D.Rs 1, 20,000 croreAnswer – C.Rs 1, 30,000 crore
Explanation – Union Petroleum and Natural Gas minister Dharmendra Pradhan had released the North East Hydrocarbon Vision-2030 in Guwahati. As a part of vision Rs 1, 30,000 crore will infused in the North East region for next 15 years.
- Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) has joined hands with which of the following state police to facilitate “predictive policing” and “live crime mapping”. ?
D.HaryanaAnswer – C.Delhi
Explanation – Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) joined hands with Delhi Police, in which it will help develop a mechanism to facilitate “predictive policing” and “live crime mapping”. The system will provide real-time information from crime spots and identify gang activities.
- As per the new guidelines for disaster warning, moderate type of disaster is categorised under which colour ?
D.OrangeAnswer – D.Orange
Explanation – In accordance with the new guidelines for disaster warning, very severe type of disaster is categorised as Red, moderate type is categorised as Orange and low type is designated as Yellow.
- According to the report of Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI), which of the following Indian state/UT topped the list of overall Internet readiness index ?
D.ChandigarhAnswer – B.Maharashtra
Explanation – In accordance with the report on “Index of Internet Readiness of Indian States”, Maharashtra is leading the list of overall Internet readiness index. The report has been released by Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI) and Indicus Analytics.
- According to the Central Statistics Office (CSO) growth forecast, Gross domestic product (GDP) of Indian economy will expand to how much % in 2015-16 ?
D.7.5%Answer – C.7.6%
Explanation – According to the Central Statistics Office (CSO), Gross domestic product (GDP) will expand by 7.6 percent in 2015-16 compared with 7.2 percent a year earlier.
- Which of the following state Govt has inked an agreement with Indo-UK Healthcare Private Limited to establish medical institutions in the state ?
D.GujaratAnswer – B.Haryana
Explanation – The Haryana government inked an agreement with Indo-UK Healthcare Private Limited to establish medical institutions in the state with proposed investment of Rs 1,000 crore.
- Which of the following has partnered with Nokia to create technology solutions that will enhance broadband connectivity in rural India ?
D.IIT RoorkeeAnswer – C.IIT Madras
Explanation – IIT Madras has partnered with Nokia for 3 years, to create technology solutions that will enhance broadband connectivity in rural India.
- Which of the following bank has tied up with Smartbox Ecommerce Solutions to help to reduce delivery returns ?
D.Yes BankAnswer – D.Yes Bank
Explanation – Maharashtra headquartered Yes Bank has tied up with Smartbox Ecommerce Solutions for solving challenges related to last mile delivery for e-commerce players.
- According to the Food and Agriculture Organisation of the UN, which of the following country has topped the list of major milk-producing countries in the world ?
D.ChinaAnswer – B.India
Explanation – According to the Food and Agriculture Organisation of the UN, India continues to top the list of the major milk-producing countries in the world followed by the USA, China, Pakistan and Brazil.
- International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI) has conferred which of the following with its global artist of the year prize ?
D.AdeleAnswer – D.Adele
Explanation – International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI) has conferred English singer and songwriter Adele its global artist of the year prize to recognize her phenomenal success.
- In a bid to boost search and rescue capabilities, Indian Coast Guard has proposed to induct how many airtcrafts and helicopters by 2020 ?
D.34Answer – B.38
Explanation – To boost its surveillance and search and rescue capabilities, the Indian Coast Guard has proposed to induct 38 more aircraft and helicopters into its fleet by 2020. The CG at present has a fleet of 62 airplanes and helicopters.
- National Deworming Day observes on which ofthe following date ?
D.February 10Answer – D.February 10
Explanation – The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) Government of India implemented the National Deworming Day in schools and preschools (anganwadis) across India on 10 February 2016.
- Kailash Yadav, who has been recently passed away was the cabinet minister of which of the following state ?
D.Madhya PradeshAnswer – C.Uttar Pradesh
Explanation – UP Panchayati Raj minister Kailash Yadav passed away due to brain stroke. Mr. Yadav held the Panchayati Raj portfolio in the Akhilesh cabinet.