Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs February 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs February 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- Which of the following state is going to set up its first 800-MW supercritical coal-based power plant ?
Answer – D.Tamil Nadu
Explanation – Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalitha laying the foundation stone for the state’s first 800-MW supercritical coal-based power plant, which will come up at Athipattu in Tiruvallur district over 250 acres of land.
- Which of the following Insurance company is going to launch its e-services for policy, policy status and claim information ?
Answer – C.LIC
Explanation – Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) launches its e-services. The service will enable policy holders to have easy access to their policies, policy status, and claim information.
- In which of the following city 30th Surajkund International Crafts Mela has been kicked off ?
Answer – D.Faridabad
Explanation – The annual Surajkund International Crafts Mela is inaugurated by Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar in Faridabad. This year is the 30th edition of the Surajkund International Crafts Mela. The event will continue till 15 February.
- Which of the following state has been selected as theme state for the 30th Surajkund International Crafts Mela ?
Answer – C.Telangana
Explanation – The annual Surajkund International Crafts Mela is inaugurated by Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar in Faridabad. This year Telangana is selected as the Theme State.
- Recently Union Govt has given its nod to set up India’s first defense industrial park at which of the following place ?
Answer – B.Ottappalam
Explanation – The Union government’s Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) has agreed to set up India’s first defense industrial park at Ottappalam a proposal from the Kerala Industrial Infrastructure Development Corporation.
- 2021 World Aquatics Championships will be chaired by which of the following country ?
Answer – D.Japan
Explanation – Japanese city of Fukuoka will host the 2021 World Aquatics Championships. The event will be hosted by Qatari the capital city of Doha.
- Which of the following has been appointed as the Non- Chairman of the Karur Vysya Bank (KVB) for three years ?
A.A. J Suriyanarayana
Answer – D.B. Swaminathan
Explanation – RBI gives nod for the appointment of Independent Director B Swaminathan as the Non- Chairman of the Karur Vysya Bank (KVB) for three years.
- Recently India has exported six metro train coaches to which of the following country ?
Answer – C.Australia
Explanation – A consignment of six metro coaches measuring 75 feet long and weighing 46 tonnes each made in Baroda was shipped to Australia from Mumbai Port.
- Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has appointed which of the following as its Chief ?
B.K V Chowdary
D.A K Jain
Answer – C.Atulesh Jindal
Explanation – Atulesh Jindal the 1978 batch IRS officer is appointed as the Chief of Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT).He replaces A K Jain.
- Recently which of the folloiwng country’s space agency has inked a letter of intent with the ISRO to be the partner in the next Mars mission ?
Answer – C.France
Explanation – French space agency Centre National d’études spatiales (CNES) signed a letter of intent with the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) to be the partner in the next Mars mission.
- Frank Finlay, who has been recently passed away was related to which of the following field ?
Answer – D.Actor
Explanation – The British actor Frank Finlay who was nominated as Oscar winner in 1966 has died. The 89 year old Frank work as Iago in Othello.
- Who is the author of book “Transendence” ?
C.APJ Abdul Kalam
Answer – C.APJ Abdul Kalam
Explanation – Former President APJ Abdul Kalam’s book “Transendence” was launched in Johannesburg, South Africa. The book covered Dr.Kalam experiences with Pramukh Swami Maharaj, leader of the global Bochasanwasi Shri Akshar Purushottam Swaminarayan Sanstha (BAPS).
- Which of the following has been ranked as top batsman in the ICC list ?
Answer – B.Virat Kohli
Explanation – Virat Kohli replaced Aaron Finch with 892 points as the top-ranked batsman in the ICC list. He has rewarded for his stupendous performance in India’s clean sweep against Australia in the T20 internationals.
- Kollam G K Pillai, who has been recently passed away was related to which of the following field ?
Answer – D.Actor
Explanation – A theatre-turned-cinema-actor Kollam G K Pillai is known for his character and comedy roles in dramas, movies and TV serials died due to age-related illness.
- Corporation Bank has appointed which of the following as its Managing Director and CEO ?
B.J K Garg
C.S R Bansal
Answer – B.J K Garg
Explanation – J K Garg has taken over as Managing Director and CEO of Corporation Bank following the retirement of S R Bansal.