Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs April 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs April 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- The Central Government gave its stamp of approval to the nation’s first Metrino Pod project in which of the following?
Answer – C. Gurgaon
Explanation – The Central Government gave its stamp of approval to the nation’s first Metrino Pod project – A Personal Rapid Transit (PRT) network in Gurgaon, Haryana.
- In order to transport natural gas to energy starved countries like India shareholders of TAPI Pipeline Company Limited inked an accord of how much worth in studies and engineering?
A. $500 million
B. $200 million
C. $400 million
D. $600 million
Answer – B. $200 million
Explanation – In order to transport natural gas to energy starved countries like India, shareholders of the Turkmenistan- Afghanistan-Pakistan-India (TAPI) Pipeline Company Limited inked an accord to invest $200 million in studies and engineering for the $10 billion project.
- United Kingdom’s prestigious Founders Award 2016 has been conferred upon which of the following?
A. Vikram Patel
B. Rami Ranger
C. Prakash Lohia
D. Mother Teresa
Answer – D. Mother Teresa
Explanation – “The saint of the gutters”, Mother Teresa has been posthumously conferred with the United Kingdom’s prestigious Founders Award 2016.
- Recently, Union Human Resource Development Minster Smriti Irani launched a portal for registration of ISBN. What ISBN stands for?
A. International Streamer Book Number
B. International Specific Bite Number
C. International Standard Book Number
D. International Synchronic Bite Number
Answer – C. International Standard Book Number
Explanation – HRD Minister Smriti Irani launched a portal for registration and allotment of International Standard Book Number (ISBN). ISBN gives an identity to a book.
- Which of the following telecom company is all set to acquire rights to use 4G spectrum of Aircel in eight telecom circles?
Answer – A. Airtel
Explanation – Bharti Airtel will pay Rs 3,500 crore to acquire rights to use 4G spectrum of Aircel in eight telecom circles. These circles are Tamil Nadu (including Chennai), Bihar, Jammu and Kashmir, West Bengal, Assam, the North-East, Andhra Pradesh and Orissa.
- Saudi Arabia has signed an agreement with which of the following to build a bridge over the Red Sea?
Answer – B. Egypt
Explanation – Saudi Arabia announced an agreement with Egypt to build a bridge over the Red Sea connecting the two countries.
- “Sajibu Cheiraoba” is the festival, of which of the following Indian city?
Answer – D. Manipur
Explanation – The Sajibu Cheiraoba is a traditional festival celebrated on the first day of Sajibu month (equivalent of April) every year in Manipur.
- The Centre has designated which of the following to endorse “I Support Skill India” campaign?
A. Sania Mirza
B. VVS Laxman
C. Sachin Tendulkar
D. Rahul Dravid
Answer – C. Sachin Tendulkar
Explanation – Government has designated Sachin Tendulkar to endorse the ‘I Support Skill India’ campaign, in an attempt to reach out to the youth and build awareness on the importance of skill development.
- Union Information and Broadcasting (I&B) Ministry has constituted a three-member Committee to see the guidelines set for government advertisements. It will be headed by which of the following?
A. BB Tondon
B. Piyush Pandey
C. Rajat Sharma
D. NR Madhava
Answer – A. BB Tondon
Explanation – Union Information and Broadcasting (I&B) Ministry has constituted a three-member Committee to see that guidelines set for government advertisements by the Supreme Court are followed. It will be headed by Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) B B Tandon.
- A statue of Maharaja Ranjit Singh will be installed in which of the following country?
Answer – B. France
Explanation – A statue of Maharaja Ranjit Singh will be installed in France’s Saint-Tropez town, the birth place of his army general Jean-Francois Allard.
- National Name Yourself Day observes on which of the following dates?
A. April 7
B. April 11
C. April 8
D. April 9
Answer – D. April 9
Explanation – National Name Yourself Day is observed each year on April 9. To celebrate, you are allowed to give yourself a new name for one day.
- Which of the following NASA astronaut will write a memoir titled Endurance: My Year in Space and Our Journey to Mars?
A. Yuri Malenchenko
B. Timothy Peake
C. Scott Kelly
D. Sunita Williams
Answer – C. Scott Kelly
Explanation – NASA astronaut Scott Kelly will write a memoir titled Endurance: My Year in Space and Our Journey to Mars. The book will be published by Alfred A. Knopf.
- Which of the following e-commerce giant has initiated “Sunshine” program that allows users to donate to the associated NGOs, who are in need of the products?
Answer – B. Snapdeal
Explanation – E-commerce giant Snapdeal has initiated Snapdeal Sunshine, a program that allows users to donate to the associated NGOs, who are in need of the products.
- Lamborghini India Pvt. Ltd. has appointed which of the following as its head with immediate effect?
A. Kunal Patwa
B. Abhijeet Pandit
C. Mohan Mariwala
D. Sharad Agarwal
Answer – D. Sharad Agarwal
Explanation – Italian luxury sports car maker Lamborghini designated the former Audi India executive Sharad Agarwal as the Head of Lamborghini India.
- Hawke’s Bay Cup title has been clinched by which of the following?
B. New Zealand
Answer – D. India
Explanation – The Indian women’s hockey team clinched the Hawke’s Bay Cup title by defeating Canadian team with 1-0. It was held in Hastings (New Zealand).