Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs April 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs April 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- North East-ASEAN Business Summit 2016 has been chaired by which of the following?
D. ImphalAnswer – D. Imphal
Explanation – Capital city of Manipur, Imphal, has been hosting North East-ASEAN Business Summit 2016 at the City Convention Centre, which aims to pull in more visitors, exchange and business in NE-ASEAN.
- World Diabetes Day observes on which of the following?
A. November 15
B. April 7
C. November 14
D. April 8Answer – C. November 14
Explanation – World Diabetes Day is an international event to raise awareness about diabetes, celebrated every year on 14 November. This World Health Day on April 7 was observed with a theme of “Beat Diabetes”.
- Recently which of the has released the presented its ambitious climate action plan that will help nations to shape their national strategies regarding climate change?
A. New Development Bank
B. World Bank
C. International Monetary Fund
D. Asian Infrastructure Investment BankAnswer – B. World Bank
Explanation – Washington, D.C. headquartered World Bank presented its ambitious climate action plan that will help nations to create an additional 30 gigawatts of renewable energy, early warning frameworks and in creating climate smart agriculture investment plans for at least 40 nations.
- The Book “State in Denial” was authored by which of the following?
A. Kiran Desai
B. Salman Rushdie
C. Jhumpa Lahiri
D. B. G. VergheseAnswer – D. B. G. Verghese
Explanation – “A State in Denial – Pakistan’s Misguided and Dangerous Crusade” was authored by B. G. Verghese.
- As per the recent notification, which of the following has been entered into a license agreement with Nagarjuna Agro Chemicals Pvt Ltd for commercialisation of soil moisture indicator device?
A. Agriculture Insurance Company Of India
B. National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development
C. National Research Development Corporation
D. Indian Council of Agriculture ResearchAnswer – C. National Research Development Corporation
Explanation – National Research Development Corporation (NRDC), under the Ministry of Science & Technology, has entered a licence agreement with Nagarjuna Agro Chemicals Pvt Ltd for commercialisation of a soil moisture indicator device.
- The recently released Credit Suisse’s “Emerging Consumers scorecard 2016” topped by which of the following?
D. MexicoAnswer – B. India
Explanation – India sat again on the top of the Credit Suisse Emerging Consumer Scorecard 2016. In accordance with the report, Indian consumers stay more optimistic about their present and future funds and moderately low inflation expectations.
- As a part of the Swachh Bharat Mission, Union Urban development Minister Venkaiah Naidu inaugurated “Namma Toilet” at which of the following?
D. DelhiAnswer – D. Delhi
Explanation – In order to promote Swachh Bharat Mission, Union Urban development Minister Venkaiah Naidu inaugurated “Namma Toilet” in the national capital Delhi.
- Which of the following Indian state has become the first state to clear the land title bill?
D. West BengalAnswer – A. Rajasthan
Explanation – Rajasthan become the first state to clear the Rajasthan Urban Land (Certification of Titles) Bills 2016 in the state assembly.
- Shani Shingnapur temple is situated at which of the Indian states?
A. West Bengal
D. Tamil NaduAnswer – C. Maharashtra
Explanation – Shani Shingnapur temple located in Ahmednagar district of Maharashtra has allowed women to enter the inner sanctum and offer prayers.
- International Romani Day observes on which of the following dates?
A. April 5
B. April 8
C. April 9
D. April 7Answer – B. April 8
Explanation – The International Romani Day observes annually on April 8 to celebrate Romani culture in order to raise awareness of the issues facing Romani people.
- Recently released “The Kiss of Life” has been authored by which of the following?
A. Emraan Hashmi
B. Amitabh Bachchan
C. Varun Dhawan
D. Aamir KhanAnswer – A. Emraan Hashmi
Explanation – Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal launched the the book The Kiss of Life: How a superhero and my son defeated cancer. Emraan Hashmi co-authored the book with author Bilal Siddiqi.
- Which of the following has signed up as the associate sponsor with IPL team Gujarat Lions for the Indian Premier League’s season 9?
A. Akzo Nobel
B. Berger Paints
C. Nerolac Paints
D. Asian PaintsAnswer – C. Nerolac Paints
Explanation – Kansai Nerolac Paints has signed up as the associate sponsor with IPL team Gujarat Lions for the Indian Premier League’s season 9.
- World’s thinnest laptop with 10.4 mm thickness has been launched by which of the following personal computers and printing major?
D. HPAnswer – D. HP
Explanation – Personal computers and printing major HP Inc launched the world’s thinnest laptop at 10.4 mm thickness, a calling device and a business notebook. It has a battery life of up to nine and a half hours.
- Which of the following has appointed as the new Prime Minister of Vietnam?
A. Tran Dai Quang
B. Nguyen Xuan Phuc
C. Truong Tan Sang
D. Nguyen Phu TrongAnswer – B. Nguyen Xuan Phuc
Explanation – National Assembly (Parliament) of Vietnam approved Nguyen Xuan Phuc as the country’s eighth Prime Minister.
- Yogendra Bali, who has been recently away was related to which of the following fields?
D. SportspersonAnswer – B. Journalist
Explanation – Veteran journalist and author Yogendra Bali passed away due to a heart attack. He was 85.