Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs April 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs April 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- In accordance with the report released by SIPRI, India has been ranked at which position in terms of world military expenditure?
D.1stAnswer – C.6th
Explanation – In accordance with the report released by Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI), India has been ranked at 6th position in the 2015 report on Trends in world military expenditure.
- Recently, Forbes has released 2016 “Asia’s 50 Power Businesswomen” list featuring business women from 14 countries. It has been topped by which of the following?
D.Nita AmbaniAnswer – D.Nita Ambani
Explanation – In accordance with the “Asia’s 50 Power Businesswomen” released by American magazine Forbes, 8 Indian women have made their mark in the list of 50 women leaders which is topped by Reliance Foundation Chairperson Nita Ambani (52).
- The center has accredited which of the following as the next Ambassador of India to Norway?
D.Aruna JayanthiAnswer – C.Debraj Pradhan
Explanation – Debraj Pradhan, presently Ambassador of India to Chile, has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to Norway.
- The CCEA has given its stamp of approval for the proposal of ATC Asia Pacific Pte Ltd, Singapore to acquire how much % of the shareholding in Viom Networks Ltd?
D.40%Answer – B. 51%
Explanation – The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) has given its stamp of approval for the proposal of ATC Asia Pacific Pte Ltd, Singapore to acquire 51% shareholding in Viom Networks Ltd by method of transfer from existing shareholders.
- Recently, the Union Cabinet has permitted states with adequate finance to borrow, how much additional % of their GDP in order to help them to meet their development needs?
D.0.7%Answer – C. 0.5%
Explanation – As per the recommendations of the Fourteenth Finance Commission (FFC), Union cabinet has permitted states with adequate finance to borrow an extra 0.5% of their GDP, beyond the 3% stipulated by FFC in order to help them to meet their development needs.
- World Health Day observes on which of the following dates?
D.April 3Answer –C.April 7
Explanation – Anually World Health Day observes on April 7, under the sponsorship of the World Health Organization (WHO). This year it was observed with the theme of “Beat diabetes”.
- The National Summit on Family Planning was concluded recently. It was held at which of the following?
D.MumbaiAnswer – B.Delhi
Explanation – The National Summit on Family Planning concluded in New Delhi. It was held with the theme New Choices, New Horizons.
- 2016 Asian Nations Cup Chess tournament title has been clinched by which of the following country?
D.ChinaAnswer – B.India
Explanation – 2016 Asian Nations Cup Chess tournament title has been clinched by Indian men by defeating Vietnam in the final round by 3-1 score held in Abu Dhabi.
- National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM) has designated which of the following as its Chairman for 2016-2017?
C.B V R Mohan Reddy
D.C P GurnaniAnswer – D.C P Gurnani
Explanation – NASSCOM has designated C P Gurnani as its Chairman for 2016-2017. He will succeed B V R Mohan Reddy.
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) has commissioned a season wise tiltable canal top solar PV plant at which of the following?
D.KakinadaAnswer – C.Bhimavaram
Explanation – Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) has commissioned a seasonwise tiltable canal top solar PV plant at Bhimavaram in Andhra Pradesh.
- On the sidelines of Digital India initiatives, which of the following software and solutions major will set up its first incubation center in India?
D.IBMAnswer – B.Oracle
Explanation – As part of its plans to expand and support Digital India initiatives, software and solutions major Oracle announced to set up its first incubation centre in country.
- The bronze bust of the ancient Indian mathematician-astronomer Aryabhata unveiled at the headquarter of which of the following?
D.UNESCOAnswer – D.UNESCO
Explanation – Union Minister of HRD unveiled a bronze bust of the ancient Indian mathematician-astronomer Aryabhata, at UNESCO Headquarters in Paris during “International Conference on the Zero”.
- Union Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Minister, Radha Mohan Singh laid the foundation stone of Horticulture University in which of the following Indian states?
D.PunjabAnswer – C.Haryana
Explanation – Union Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Minister, Radha Mohan Singh laid the foundation stone of Haryana State University of Horticultural Sciences at Karnal, Haryana.
- PM Modi has consented a MoU signed between India and which of the following country or technical cooperation in the rail sector?
D.SwedenAnswer – D.Sweden
Explanation – Union Cabinet approved a Memorandum of Understanding signed between India and Sweden for technical cooperation in the rail sector.
- Recently, Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Petroleum & Natural Gas Dharmendra Pradhan has dedicated how many CNG stations located in Delhi and NCR to the public?
D.31Answer – A.36
Explanation – The Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Petroleum & Natural Gas Dharmendra Pradhan has dedicated 36 new CNG stations located in Delhi and NCR to the public.