Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs April 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs April 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- Recently, which of the following state has launched Adarsh Vidyalaya (OAV) project to provide modern schools in the underdeveloped rural areas ?
Answer – D.Odisha
Explanation – In a bid to provide modern schools in the underdeveloped rural areas and to fill up vacant teacher posts, Odisha Adarsh Vidyalaya (OAV) project has been initiated covering 14 districts of the state.
- Myneni Hari Prasad Rao, who has been recently passed away was related to which of the following field ?
Answer – C.Architect
Explanation – The architect of Madras Atomic Power Station (MAPS), “Myneni Hari Prasad Rao” aka MHP Rao passed away due to old age ailments. He was 88.
- Madras Atomic Power Station is located in which of the following places ?
Answer – B.Kalpakkam
Explanation – Madras Atomic Power Station was commissioned in 1984. It is a nuclear power production, fuel reprocessing and waste treatment facility located at Kalpakkam, Chennai.
- Recently, Union Minister of Textiles Shri Santosh Gangwar inauguarted three mega textile projects in which of the following Indian states ?
Answer – D.Nagaland
Explanation – Union Minister of State for Ministry of Textiles Shri Santosh Gangwar initiated three mega textile projects in Nagaland as a part of North East Textile Promotion Scheme (NERTPS).
- Which of the following country has launched retrievable scientific research satellite to succor scientists to study micro-gravity and space life science ?
Answer – C.China
Explanation – With an aim to succor scientists to study micro-gravity and space life science, China has successfully launched a retrievable scientific research satellite “SJ-10”.
- International Day of Sport for Development and Peace observes on which of the following date ?
Answer – B.April 6
Explanation – Annually April 6 observes as International Day of Sport for Development and Peace (IDSDP) to recognize the positive influence that sport can have on the advancement of human rights, and social and economic development.
- Which of the following clinched the seniors gold medal at the WLBS World snooker championship ?
Answer – D.Chitra Magimairaj
Explanation – India’s Chitra Magimairaj won gold medal at WLBS World snooker championship which concluded in Leeds, England.
- Which of the following carpooling app has acquired Odd-Even.com in an undisclosed amount ?
Answer – C.Orahi
Explanation – Carpooling platform Orahi, backed by Indian Angel Network, announced the acquisition of Odd-even.com, founded by 13-year old Akshat Mittal.
- EMC Corporation has opened its second Research and Development centre at which of the following places ?
Answer – B.Pune
Explanation – EMC Corporation has opened its second R&D centre in India at Pune. The company already has a Centre of Excellence (CoE) in Bengaluru.
- Which of the following airline has launched a pre-paid card scheme for its frequent fliers ?
Answer – D.SpiceJet
Explanation – SpiceJet has launched a pre-paid card scheme for its frequent fliers, offering them rewards points on purchase of products and services through the airline’s website as well as online/offline shopping through its retail partners.
- Which of the following has been emerged as the largest freight loading railway zone of Indian Railways in 2015-16 ?
A.East Coast Railway
B.West Coast Railway
C.North Central Railway
D.South Central Railway
Answer – A.East Coast Railway
Explanation – East Coast Railway (ECoR) has emerged as the largest freight loading railway zone of Indian Railways in 2015-16 by loading 173.49 million tonnes of freight.
- Britain’s Royal Mail issued a set of special postage stamps to mark the 400th death anniversary of which of the following ?
Answer – C.Shakespeare
Explanation – Britain’s Royal Mail issued a set of special postage stamps to mark the 400th death anniversary of playwright William Shakespeare. They will be sold at 8,000 post offices across Britain.
- In a view of severe water shortage, which of the following has launched a toll free number to receive complaints against misuse or commercialisation of water ?
Answer – C.Thane
Explanation – Thane’s district administration has set up a round-the-clock control room and launched a toll free number 1077 in order to keep a check on commercialisation of the water being supplied.
- Which of the following state government imposed complete ban on all types of liquor (alcohol) throughout the state ?
Answer – B.Bihar
Explanation – Bihar Government has taken a decision to completely ban on all types of liquor (alcohol) throughout the state including Indian Made Foreign Liquor (IMFL).
- Recently, which of the following state has launched the state wide implementation of “Maa Annapurna Yojna (Scheme)” ?
Answer – B.Gujarat
Explanation – Gujarat Chief Minister Anandiben Patel launched the National Food Security Act, which has been renamed as “Maa Annapurna Yojna (Scheme)” by the state government.