Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs April 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs April 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- In order to promote entrepreneurship, PM Modi launched “Stand up India scheme” in which of the following ?
Anwer – C.Noida
Explanation – In order to promote entrepreneurship, Prime Minister Narendra Modi initiated the “Stand up India scheme” and a Web portal for the scheme in Noida, Uttar Pradesh.
- Recently UIDAI touched the historic landmark by producing 100thcrore Aadhaar. The first Aadhaar was issued in which year ?
Answer – D.2010
Explanation – The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) touched the historic point in a range of five and a half years by producing the 100thcrore Aadhaar. The first Aadhaar was issued in 2010.
- Recently, World Health Organisation in collaboration with United Nations Human Settlements Programme released a report showing health inequities in urban populations. What was the title of the report ?
A.Shaping Cities for Health
B.Equitable, healthier cities for sustainable development
C.Unmasking and Overcoming Urban Health Inequities
D.Emerging fields of urban health and epidemiology
Answer – B.Equitable, healthier cities for sustainable development
Explanation – A report titled Global report on urban health: equitable, healthier cities for sustainable development, 2016 has been released by World Health Organisation (WHO) in collaboration with United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat) showing the health inequities between the richest and poorest urban populations.
- As per the global report on urban health released by World Health Organisation (WHO) in collaboration with United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat) , which of the following Indian city is home to TB ?
Answer – C.Mumbai
Explanation – As per report, Mumbai has maximum cases of TB. In 2014, it registered 2951 MDR-TB cases which are more than 12% of the cases in the whole nation.
- Which of the following Indian city is ranked 2nd in the world in terms of traffic fatalities ?
Answer – D.Chennai
Explanation – Chennai ranked 2nd in the world in terms of traffic fatalities per 1 lakh inhabitants followed by Jaipur, Indore, Kolkata, Delhi, Bengaluru, Pune, Surat, Ahmedabad and Mumbai.
- Which of the following country launched the world’s maiden public immunization program for dengue fever ?
Answer – B.Philippines
Explanation – The world’s first licensed vaccine “Dengvaxia” against a mosquito-borne disease “dengue” has been launched by Philippines. It is the first public immunization program for dengue fever to administer to a million school children.
- The world’s first licensed vaccine “Dengvaxia” has been developed by which of the following pharmaceutical company ?
Answer – C.Sanofi
Explanation – Dengvaxia was produced by the French pharmaceutical organization Sanofi Pasteur. It got its first permit in Mexico in December 2015 for use in people matured 9 to 45.
- National Maritime Day observes on which of the following date ?
Answer – C.April 5
Explanation – April 5 marks the National Maritime Day of India. It was first celebrated on 5th April, 1964.
- ICC World Twenty20 champions title has been clinched by which of the following ?
Answer – B.West Indies
Explanation – ICC World Twenty20 champions title has been clinched by West Indies by defeating England.
- Which of the following app based taxi hailing company has introduced electric rickshaws on its platform ?
Answer – D.Ola
Explanation – Ola has introduced electric rickshaws in partnership with Bhartiya Micro Credit (BMC), aimed at providing mobility to its users smaller towns and cities.
- Japanese electronics giant Panasonic has designated which of the following in its global executive council ?
Answer – C.Manish Sharma
Explanation – Japanese electronics giant Panasonic has appointed senior executive Manish Sharma to its global executive council, inducting an Indian onto the coveted decision making body for the first time ever.
- Hridaynath Award 2016 will be conferred upon which of the following ?
Answer – B.Vishwanathan Anand
Explanation – Five-time world chess champion Vishwanathan Anand will be honoured with the Hridaynath Award. The honour will be a cash award of Rs 2 lakh and a memento.
- India’s first semi-high speed train “Gatimaan Express” will run between which of the following stations ?
A.Hazrat Nizamuddin – Agra
B.Agra – Mumbai
C.Lucknow – Delhi
D.Chennai – Hazrat Nizamuddin
Answer – A.Hazrat Nizamuddin – Agra
Explanation – India’s first semi-high speed train “Gatimaan Express” flagged off by Union Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu. It will run between Hazrat Nizamuddin Railway Station and Agra Cantonment Station.
- Four day long coastal security exercise “Tat Suraksha” initiated at which of the following ?
Answer – D.Andaman
Explanation – The tri service Andaman and Nicobar Command is conducting a four day long coastal security exercise “Tat Suraksha”.
- Gato Barbieri, who has been recently passed away was related to which of the following music instrument ?
Answer – A.Saxophone
Explanation – Latin Jazz saxophonist Leandro “Gato” Barbieri, who composed the Grammy-winning music for film “Last Tango in Paris” died due to pneumonia. He was 83.