Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs April 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs April 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
Click Here to Read Current Affairs April 4 2016
- Recently, HRD ministry released “India Rankings 2016” covering 3500 educational institutes. Which of the following topped the list in university catergory ?
A.Central University of Hyderabad
B.Indian Institute of Science
C.Institute of Chemical Technology
D.Jawaharlal Nehru UniversityAnswer – B.Indian Institute of Science
Explantion – IISc, Bangalore (which is a deemed University) is rated as the top ranked university.
- In accordance with the study by Aon Hewitt, which of the following Indian Asset Management Company has been listed among the best employer brands ?
A.Kotak Mahindra AMC
D.Reliance AMCAnswer – D.Reliance AMC
Explanation – In accordance with the study by Aon Hewitt, the global talent, retirement and health solutions business, the Reliance Asset Management Company has been listed among the best employer brands.
- International Day for Mine Awareness and Assistance observes on which of the following date ?
D.April 2Answer – C.April 4
Explanation – International Day for Mine Awareness and Assistance in Mine Action observes annually on April 4. It aims to raise awareness about landmines and progress toward their eradication.
- Ranjan Baindoor, who has been recently passed away was related to which of the following field ?
D.TennisAnswer – A.Cricket
Explanation – Former Mumbai Ranji Trophy player Ranjan Baindoor died due to a fatal heart attack.
- 2016 Bahrain Grand Prix title has been clinched by which of the following ?
D.Lewis HamiltonAnswer – B.Nico Rosberg
Explanation – Mercedes driver NicoRosberg claimed the 2016 Bahrain Grand Prix by defeating Ferrari driver Kimi Raikkonen.
- Institute of Advance Study in Science & Technology is situated at which of the following Indian states ?
D.AssamAnswer – D.Assam
Explanation – Team of Scientists from Institute of Advance Study in Science & Technology in Assam have developed an eco-friendly nano technology for water-softening applications.
- As per the study conducted by Department of Aquatic Biology and Fisheries, University of Kerala regarding the entry of non-native intrusive species over the Indian Coast, how many invasive species are found at Kerala coast ?
D.12Answer – C.10
Explantion – Researchers expect that ballast water carried by ships is giving a vehicle to get non-native intrusive species over the Indian Coast. The survey has found 10 invasive species in the biodiversity rich intertidal habitats of the Kerala coast.
- Which of the following private Indian equity firm has inked agreement with Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) to buy a majority stake in Mphasis Limited ?
D.EverstoneAnswer – B.Blackstone
Explanation – Private equity firm Blackstone India has entered into an agreement with Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) to buy a majority stake in Mphasis Limited in a deal valued between $825 million and $1.1 billion.
- Which of the following air group is all set to acquire Virgin America in a friendly takeover ?
C.Delta Air Lines
D.AlaskaAnswer – D.Alaska
Explanation – Alaska Air Group is all set to acquire Virgin America in a friendly takeover worth around $4 billion including debt to create the US’s fifth-largest airline.
- Which of the following sworn in as the President of Vietnam ?
A.Pham Minh Chinh
B.Truong Thi Mai
C.Tran Dai Quang
D.Vuong Dinh HueAnswer – C.Tran Dai Quang
Explanation – Vietnam’s Public Security Minister and Police Chief Tran Dai Quang has been sworn in as the communist country’s president.
- Which of the following has formally set the Guinness World Record for mass plantation ?
A.Talwandi Sabo Power Limited
B.Konkola Copper Mines
C.Bharat Aluminium Company
D.Hindustan Zinc LimitedAnswer – A.Talwandi Sabo Power Limited
Explanation – Talwandi Sabo Power Limited (TSPL), a subsidiary of Vedanta Limited has formally set the Guinness World Record for at the same time planting 208,751 saplings at a solitary area in under 60 minutes.
- Which of the following crude firm is all set to make a major investment in India’s petroleum sector ?
D.AramcoAnswer – D.Aramco
Explanation – The world’s largest crude exporter with crude reserves of about 265 billion barrels Company Aramco is planning to make a major investment in India’s petroleum sector.
- Which fin-tech company has announced the launch of mobile only lending platform “CASHe” ?
D.FaircentAnswer – B.Tslc Pte
Explanation – Tslc Pte Ltd, a fin-tech company announced the launch of its all new mobile-only lending platform CASHe. It provides users a personalized experience to borrow cash anytime, anywhere within minutes for their needs.
- Tirmbakeshwar Temple is situated in which of the following Indian state ?
D.KarnatakaAnswer – C.Maharashtra
Explanation – Trimbakeshwar temple located in Nashik district of Maharashtra passed a resolution that barred all persons except the traditional and hereditary priests from entering the sanctum.
- Asia-Pacific Remote Sensing Symposium has been hosted by which of the following country ?
D.ChinaAnswer – B.India
Explanation – India hosts Asia-Pacific Remote Sensing Symposium from April 4 to 7 to discuss on the applications of remote sensing technologies for disaster mitigation and to better monitor global climate change.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification